LegacyGT.com

2019/20 NFL Thread

BDII

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravens over 49ers 45-28

:lol: Nah man, scores are way too high for what would be a defensive slugfest. We already had a preview of this in week 13 and it finished at 20-17, Ravens, this time it would be more like 27-23, Ravens.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I like the Ravens chances of winning the SB just fine, but you're not putting up 45 points on the 49ers D. The only way you end up with a score like that is if there are turnovers and stupid mistakes made by the 49ers offense and keep in mind, this is one of the best coached teams in the league if not THE best coached team. Kyle Shanahan probably deserves coach of the year.

49ers offense ranked:

PTS

29.9 (2nd in NFL)

YDS

381.1 (4th in NFL)

PASS YDS

237.0 (13th in NFL)

RUSH YDS

144.1 (2nd NFL)

Defense:

PTS

19.4 (8th in NFL)

YDS

281.8 (2nd in NFL)

PASS YDS

169.2 (1st) in NFL

RUSH YDS

112.6 (17th in NFL)

Edited by DickDastardly00

Texans blew a 21-0 lead. Ravens offense got figured out, and it didn't even take until next year, then they got beaten at their own game by Henry. The wounded birds put up a valiant effort in GB but that went about as I expected. Things are suddenly wide open for the 49ers now that the Ravens are out, the freeway just cleared ahead for miles, they just have to get passed old man Rogers.

Ravens offense got figured out, and it didn't even take until next year, then they got beaten at their own game by Henry.

I don't see it as the offense being figured out.

Bad play calling, abandoned the run (59 pass attempts!), sloppy play with dropped and off target passes.

Yeah, the D couldn't stop Henry, but the offense failed to produce because of their own mistakes.

I don't see it as the offense being figured out.

Bad play calling, abandoned the run (59 pass attempts!), sloppy play with dropped and off target passes.

Yeah, the D couldn't stop Henry, but the offense failed to produce because of their own mistakes.

You can cast blame where you want to but the fact of the matter is, the Ravens Offense was out-schemed by the Dean Pees, he did a brilliant job exposing and exploiting their weaknesses through all 4 quarters.

There was never a time in the game where it felt the Ravens had things in control. They were literally dominated, on both sides of the ball, for 60 minutes. Vrabel and Dean Pees are doing their best impression of a Josh McDaniels/ Bill Belichick combo this year and they are winning at too. Even if they fall to the Chiefs, the rest to the teams remaining should be sending the Titans organization thank you cards for eliminating the Patriots and now the Ravens from contending for the Title.

Edited by DickDastardly00

Chiefs are favored by 7.5 against the Titans, that gives me some pause because the Titans won their week 10 matchup against the Chiefs 35-32.

49ers are heavily favored to win against GB, and they crushed GB in Nov, this one is probably the more accurate of the two.

Chiefs are favored by 7.5 against the Titans, that gives me some pause because the Titans won their week 10 matchup against the Chiefs 35-32.

49ers are heavily favored to win against GB, and they crushed GB in Nov, this one is probably the more accurate of the two.

Post game thoughts?

Post game thoughts?

That went about as expected for the most part, I thought GB would put up a little more points (it being a NFC Championship game and all) but sloppy play, dropped passes and the 2 turnovers (not including the pick at the end by Sherm) really prevented them from making it competitive. GB put up a stinker and I have to wonder if that was Rodger's last shot.

Titans and Chiefs was a much better game, at one point they had held Henry to 67 yds showing their Run Defense can be very good. If you take away Henry then you force Tannehill to throw it to win it, making them a one dimensional team which was exactly what Reid wanted to accomplish.

This Chiefs-49ers SB should be a good one.

• 2 weeks later...
Who you all picking? I say Niners win it, going with the fastest, most balanced team with the best Defense. Would like to see the Chiefs win it though.

As a Seahawks fan, that was the best possible outcome to the SB one could hope for, Jimmy gets picked, twice, only throws one TD, while Richard Sherman just gets burnt, blows it to give up the lead. Glad to see Andy Reid get one, that was the feel good part.

This is going to be one weird off-season, time for a new dance called the QB shuffle?

Rivers to Tampa Bay? Brady to the Chargers? Jameis Winston goes to ?? Cam Newton to the Bears? Does Ben finally retire? Mariotta goes to?

I caught a bit of a game this weekend. Anyone else?

Yeah I watched the Saturday game, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. I like the new kickoff. I like the 25 sec play clock. I like the extra point scoring options 1pt, 2pt, 3pt. I also like the clock management rules after the 2 minute warning. Like the dedicated ball spotter ref, speeds up the game. Lots of innovation of the game, all in good ways too, The NFL should take notice of the time management stuff and work to speed up NFL games. Too much bloat for only 60 minutes of Football.

Yeah I watched the Saturday game, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. I like the new kickoff. I like the 25 sec play clock. I like the extra point scoring options 1pt, 2pt, 3pt. I also like the clock management rules after the 2 minute warning. Like the dedicated ball spotter ref, speeds up the game. Lots of innovation of the game, all in good ways too, The NFL should take notice of the time management stuff and work to speed up NFL games. Too much bloat for only 60 minutes of Football.

100% agree, their game has impressed me actually. Yeah they aren't as skilled as a lot of the NFL'ers but.... the game keeps you watching and intrigued. The extra point scoring options are great and I honestly thing the best thing is the new kick off and returns. It stops from the overly crushing hits to whoever is returning the ball. It's so much safer and it doesn't look like they are trying to kill each other.

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

In case anyone was wondering about viewership, approx 3.3 million people watched the game which was higher than the anticipated amount of 2.9 million. If those numbers are higher this weekend, that will be a good sign for the new leauge