LegacyGT.com

What do you eat for a living?

whitexc

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in my dishwashing days we made an "everything pizza," using every topping on our menu (over 50). For shits and giggles we rang it up, it was $87 for a medium 12".

It wasn't good.

wait - you were a dishwasher.

Pizza is garbage food for when you need to make a turd and a more complicated solution like a proper meal is not an option.

Given a choice of what to eat with cost and time not being factors I never choose pizza.

Anarchist

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Fine, I give ... this is a damn pizza thread now:

Pizza is a fine food. Problem is that most people are introduced to pizza via Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Tombstone (or other frozen pizza), so they associate it with crap food.

Once you move away from the crap, there are so many great pizzas. I love Neapolitan style, GOOD New York Style (not "cheap" slices), Chicago Deep Dish ... they're all great when made with quality ingredients and not slapped together by some greasy kid in a greasy kitchen.

My go-to is definitely Neapolitan Style though. Have 2 spots within about a mile of home and love them both. One is Midici which just opened up - I've had better, but I don't have any real complaints. The other is a local place that sort of blends Neapolitan Pizza and upscale dining.

I think it was mentioned before, you can't use McDonald's to categorize all burgers. Why would you do the same with pizza?!

Fine, I give ... this is a damn pizza thread now:

Pizza is a fine food. Problem is that most people are introduced to pizza via Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Tombstone (or other frozen pizza), so they associate it with crap food.

Once you move away from the crap, there are so many great pizzas. I love Neapolitan style, GOOD New York Style (not "cheap" slices), Chicago Deep Dish ... they're all great when made with quality ingredients and not slapped together by some greasy kid in a greasy kitchen.

My go-to is definitely Neapolitan Style though. Have 2 spots within about a mile of home and love them both. One is Midici which just opened up - I've had better, but I don't have any real complaints. The other is a local place that sort of blends Neapolitan Pizza and upscale dining.

I think it was mentioned before, you can't use McDonald's to categorize all burgers. Why would you do the same with pizza?!

There is genuinely good pizza, but it's rare. Rich sauce, heavily seasoned, hand tossed and seasoned crust, fresh mozzarella with fresh toppings baked in a brick oven. You won't find this at a chain where ingredients are sourced by the lowest bidder.

http://deweyspizza.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/IMG_6944-copy.jpg

Brought to you by Pfizer

Depends on the chain. I genuinely like Midici. There's a small chain in Minnesota call Punch that I thought was really good. But if we're talking big time national chains, then I completely agree that you'll never get anything good.

• I Donated

Anyone had Bertucci's? I bet BDII and JJ have, and maybe some of the Jersey folks too. It's a little more regional. It's not the best pizza ever, but it is tasty.

I went to one place in Brooklyn while I was up there that was the best pizza I ever had. Was just a white pizza with basil and sausage, and it was ridiculously expensive ($34 IIRC)... But man was it good!

A local place called Times Square Kitchen has pizza I like. I'm sure it's no comparison to pizza in actual Times Square, but it's damn tasty. I go there frequently for lunch and get a slice.

I have to be in the mood for Sicilian, but when I am, I can dig it.

Depends on the chain. I genuinely like Midici. There's a small chain in Minnesota call Punch that I thought was really good. But if we're talking big time national chains, then I completely agree that you'll never get anything good.

Yeah I was referring to national chains.

There are local chains that are pretty damn good.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Anyone had Bertucci's? I bet BDII and JJ have, and maybe some of the Jersey folks too. It's a little more regional. It's not the best pizza ever, but it is tasty.

I went to one place in Brooklyn while I was up there that was the best pizza I ever had. Was just a white pizza with basil and sausage, and it was ridiculously expensive ($34 IIRC)... But man was it good!

A local place called Times Square Kitchen has pizza I like. I'm sure it's no comparison to pizza in actual Times Square, but it's damn tasty. I go there frequently for lunch and get a slice.

I have to be in the mood for Sicilian, but when I am, I can dig it.

I live on LI and haven’t been to manhattan in a long time but in my experiences Times Square/Manhattan pizza is not anything to rave about. Sbarro is terrible, Joe’s is good and The original Ray’s is pretty good. But not the type of GREAT pizza you can get in the bouroughs. Brooklyn and Staten Island have some amazing pizza places. Denino’s Pizza in Staten Island is probably one of the best slices of pizza I’ve ever had. There’s another one by my aunts old house in Brooklyn off Bay pkwy. I’m sure there’s dozens over there but haven’t been there since I was like 20 since they moved to AZ so forgot the name. Used to walk up to the corner n get slices n pies. Never forget that pizza though.

Colosseo which I posted some pics of above, and Branchanelli’s have the best pizza around here on LI. Anything you pick is delicious. Even my wife who grew up in Staten Island approves

Luckily for me chain pizza is garbage compared to the worst pizza around here so not even an option for us

Edited by Wooosh

Anyone had Bertucci's?

We have Bertucci's down my way. Not a fan of Bertucci's.

I remember Shakey's Pizza growing up but they closed there doors in Maryland back in the early or mid 1980's. and Dough Roller in Ocean City, Maryland (still there).

Edited by amusa

There are worst places than bertuccis/ They actually use some fresh ingredients and shit. Chain food is usually very 'detectable' however there are usually a couple of things on menu that are palatable. Likely at 3500 calories, but still palatable. We try to avoid all chains. There's usually better options that aren't loaded with as many preservatives, etc.

We have Bertucci's down my way. Not a fan of Bertucci's.

I remember Shakey's Pizza growing up but they closed there doors in Maryland back in the early or mid 1980's. and Dough Roller in Ocean City, Maryland (still there).

We had a bunch of Shakey's Pizza places around the Seattle area when I was a kid but they all closed down, however recently I was shocked to discover there was actually one still open in the highlands part of Renton.

I really enjoyed going there as a kid, playing the arcade games and just having that 80's family pizzeria experience, which is all but gone now. So I took the family there, ordered up a Pepperoni pizza and a Chicken Alfredo pizza, a salad and of course, some Mojos. The pizza was still good, and the mojos were awesome. Yes they still had video games, played me some Ms Pacman and Pinball and they had a decent beer selection. I'm definitely going back.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Shame a company founded in Sacramento has more shops in So Cal than Nor Cal.

We usually went to the Auburn shop. These days it's a starbucks.

Hell I'm more likely to get to a shop in Mexico before I get to one in my own state.

Fam is going to McDonald's tonight for the school fundraiser. Basically you buy as many warm oohey-gooey delicious chocolate chip cookies that you can eat and 100% of the proceeds go directly to the school, not a bad deal at all. Will probably have dinner there too, no bigmac though, I'll just take a couple cheeseburgers.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song