LegacyGT.com

welp.... winter is back and car is not running right again

car runs fantastic, gives good head....

Damn, I didn't get that option...:lol:

Glad it's fixed. I doubt any car company gives excellent service. Between poor employee performance (lets face it, a technician is about as good as a India call center with a line card) and people trying to screw them into "free fixes" I'm sure its a hard thing to balance.

Out of curiosity, what is your warm idle vacuum now?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, I didn't get that option...:lol:

Glad it's fixed. I doubt any car company gives excellent service. Between poor employee performance (lets face it, a technician is about as good as a India call center with a line card) and people trying to screw them into "free fixes" I'm sure its a hard thing to balance.

Out of curiosity, what is your warm idle vacuum now?

The technicians at that dealership are not any good, but to group all technicians together as one, is not fair to the rest of us. I was damn near climbing through my tablet to smoke his motor and spray around the manifold. I even pointed in that direction multiple times. Perhaps you've had some bad experiences but if you ask around your area, I'm sure you will find a handful of shops that are pretty good at their job.

The technicians at that dealership are not any good, but to group all technicians together as one, is not fair to the rest of us. I was damn near climbing through my tablet to smoke his motor and spray around the manifold. I even pointed in that direction multiple times. Perhaps you've had some bad experiences but if you ask around your area, I'm sure you will find a handful of shops that are pretty good at their job.

I agree. With all occupations there are people who are skilled, knowledgeable and work with well with good intent. I've meet and worked with a few.

• 2 months later...

Reviving this thread.. my leggy is still choking a bit on startup even with the temps getting into the 60s-70s.

Had the shop look into the starter/alternator/battery components last time it was in and they said all was good. Battery is about 80%, and clearly keeps turning string on start up. On most start ups though the engine stutters a probably 2 or 3 times before kicking on.

Only thing the tech mentioned was a little extra noise, potentially from the valve covers so I may do some cleaning and get some new springs for 'em. Any input there?

Still leaves the start up issue though. Chalk it up to a Subie effect, or look into further? The only thing I can think of is the firing mechanism(s). Plugs, wires, fuel pump/injectors.. but I don't much about that. I can search the forums a bit more.

The te

It turns over strong but just keeps cranking? Try priming the system 4 or 5 times before starting the car (key on engine off 5x). If it fires right up after priming then something is leaking down whether it be an injector, fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. Once it does start and run, does it run kind of rough then smooth out? If so, I'd look towards the injectors as the culprit.

It turns over strong but just keeps cranking? Try priming the system 4 or 5 times before starting the car (key on engine off 5x). If it fires right up after priming then something is leaking down whether it be an injector, fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. Once it does start and run, does it run kind of rough then smooth out? If so, I'd look towards the injectors as the culprit.

Pretty much. Essentially it just stutters and finally fires up after a few cranks. Only happens on initial start up.

I'll check on running rough.. I usually wait before driving off to let it warm up, and when I rush and it isn't warmed up yet it always is bogged down by what I believe to be the self regulating electronics to not damage the internals. It seems like the idle RPM is a little high on warm up too.

I will take it into the shop for an early oil change and have them investigate a little further. I'd like to nip this thing in the butt if I can and avoid further potential issues inherited from it. Or just know its harmless, but annoying nonetheless.

Pretty much. Essentially it just stutters and finally fires up after a few cranks. Only happens on initial start up.

I'll check on running rough.. I usually wait before driving off to let it warm up, and when I rush and it isn't warmed up yet it always is bogged down by what I believe to be the self regulating electronics to not damage the internals. It seems like the idle RPM is a little high on warm up too.

I will take it into the shop for an early oil change and have them investigate a little further. I'd like to nip this thing in the butt if I can and avoid further potential issues inherited from it. Or just know its harmless, but annoying nonetheless.

When was the last time you changed the spark plugs?

Archived