LegacyGT.com

welp.... winter is back and car is not running right again

Assuming you have one of those little USB C to micro USB adapters, USB OTG adapters are probably easier to come by than USB C male to USB A female cables. They're pretty cheap on Amazon, I picked up a pair for about $7, IIRC.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK I checked for vacuum leaks and I could not hear any...next step bottle of brake clean and I am going to spray the intake manifold around where it mates to each head...I am guessing leak when cold that seals as engine warms up

You likely won't hear a vacuum leak unless there is a whistle on it. A vacuum gauge is handy post throttle body. I've used starting fluid to find them but typically I remove and plug lines to isolate issues, but that's on older cars with fewer vacuum lines. Vacuum will be highest at warm idle and you should be pulling a solid 21". If the needle is fluctuating something is out of balance. If its solid but low like 19" or less, there is a leak somewhere.

well I sent OBDlinx a support e-mail on Monday at 6am CST

They replied back same day stating someone would be with me.... here we are 2 days later, nada... gonna add OBDLinx to the suck column here in a minute.

Well here it is Friday and still no response. I am done with this crap, their stuff does not work and their support sucks. obd solutions is the parent company that makes that product

Here is the e-mail chain to back up my claims

YEUEMMAIMAI

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, December 07, 2018 5:50 AM

To: 'hello' <ch94228-dafcgpmm@xsell.co>

Subject: RE: issue with OBDLinx LX

Hi,

Is anyone going to help me with my issue?

YEUEMMAIMAI

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 1:04 PM

To: YEUEMMAIMAI

Subject: Re: issue with OBDLinx LX

Hi ,

Thank you for your message! Someone from our Customer Service team will get back to you shortly.

Best Regards,

Micah S.

P.S. Our operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm MST.

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 6:21 PM, wrote:

> Hi,

>

> Just wondering if someone was going to get back to me regarding this issue...

>

INFO REMOVED

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: hello

> Sent: Monday, December 03, 2018 6:53 AM

> To: Yeuemmaimai

> Subject: Re: issue with OBDLinx LX

>

> Hi ,

>

> Thank you for your message! Someone from our Customer Service team will get back to you shortly.

>

> Best Regards,

>

> Micah S.

>

> P.S. Our operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm MST.

> On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 12:16 PM, wrote:

>

> > HI,

> >

> > I purchased your tool through Amazon on July 15th 2018 (order XXX-########-####### ) and I am unable to get this tool to reliably work with my setup

> >

> > OBDLinx information:

> >

> > OBDlinx LX firmware 4.3.3

> >

> > Model 10R-05 8941

> >

> > Revision 1.2/R4

> >

> > Manufactured 12-07-17

> >

> > S/N XXXXXXXXXXXX

> >

> > Phone paired to:

> > Samsung Galaxy S8

> > Model SM-G950U

> > Andoid 8.0.0

> >

> > Car attached to:

> > 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i

> >

> > Anytime I get near my car (on or off) the OBDLinx will want to pair with my phone stating OK or cancel with a new key each time. I can factory reset the device and it will function normally for a few days and then it will go right back to spamming my phone for connection requests. As soon as I tell the phone to forget this device, I stop being spammed with BT connection requests.

> >

> > Another issue is I cannot get this device to work with BTSSM. It will go as far as querying ECU and hang... Your software works but is very limited in what It can do in terms of data from my car...

> >

> > Sincerely.

> >

> >

>

> --

>

> [XSELL_JFZT81K4P7L6X]

>

--

[XSELL_JFZT81K4P7L6X]

naw until I get this issue sorted out with the OBDLinx I am limited to a regular ELM module and Car Doctor Pro in Windows.

Finally after 7 days and a message of them saying to use scantool.net, they think the modem is tango uniform and stated they will be in touch with a replacement RMA

question,

Where is the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor on this car? Looks like this could be an issue.

EDIT: nevermind it is right in front of my face on the top of the intake manifold....

when I first start the car MAP is 6.24PSI

at the end of my trip idling in the parking lot warmed up it is 4.64PSI

it takes the car 22minutes to go from a coolant temp of 116 (car was running for about 3 minutes when the data logger finally connected) to 192.2F 10 miles later

I can't read the attach files on my laptop either, by using CSV or not.

It is not uncommon for the idle vacuum to be higher when cold vs warmed up. At 1st glance the pressure seems low to me, but I guess it depends on that the signal is using as a reference. I would have to look at it further.

Archived