LegacyGT.com

Upgraded horn?

Someone started swaying into my lane the other day so I hit my horn for the first time and was embarrassed by it's sound. I'm pretty sure the person in the other car laughed. I need a real horn so when some teenager blasting their music and not paying attention starts to turn into me I can wake them up. Initial research says it's an easy upgrade. Anyone done it?

Someone started swaying into my lane the other day so I hit my horn for the first time and was embarrassed by it's sound. I'm pretty sure the person in the other car laughed. I need a real horn so when some teenager blasting their music and not paying attention starts to turn into me I can wake them up. Initial research says it's an easy upgrade. Anyone done it?
Hella Supertones or PIAA Blaster Horns..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LOL The same happened to me. I didnt check horn during test drives nor at delivery. The first time I needed it a few weeks later it was a big OMG, what was that sound coming out of my car!!!

A board search will find multiple posts on horn upgrade options and installation.

Edited by rec630

Thanks, gents. I'm liking the sound of the PIAA 'Superior Bass Horn'. I think I'll have it done when I get my Valentine 1 hardwired.

I installed the PIAAs in the leggy this time around, had the Hellas in the Outback previously. I prefer the lower tone on the PIAAs than the higher pitched harsh shrill of Hellas.

Thanks, gents. I'm liking the sound of the PIAA 'Superior Bass Horn'. I think I'll have it done when I get my Valentine 1 hardwired.

Can't go wrong with either. I got the hellas, as the bundle with the mount and harness from subimods was a better deal than ordering them all separate.

I left the stock ones wired in there too with the hellas.

Holy crap! I had this stupid idiot that cut me off yesterday and I sounded my horn and I was like wtf...thank you!

Time to upgrade this pos horn!

The guy had a fully loaded truck, like all the windows were covered by things such as boxes so he may not have seen me form the blind spot, but such an idiot...

I know a guy who put air horns on his car that sounded like a train...super loud and scared the crap out of everyone that heard it. They were too loud and could cause an accident versus preventing one but they sounded pretty cool.

I know a guy who put air horns on his car that sounded like a train...super loud and scared the crap out of everyone that heard it. They were too loud and could cause an accident versus preventing one but they sounded pretty cool.

Your right,I wanted a train horn but I worried it could end up causing an accident instead.

Part of me wants to have air horns installed for those idiots.

If you do, you'll need to wire up a separate switch. You won't be able to use it around town or in any other situation than those idiots.

• 10 months later...
I have Hella Super Sharp Tones their the yellow ones.. The tone is a little lower tgan the Red Ones.. But I also have the Train Horns from Hornblasters.. 605e392f4ec531d0e42effd6557c6c1e.jpg
OMG that's freakin' awesome! I would love to get those, but around here it would probably get me shot! :spin:

I've been thinking of getting some supertones, but haven't gotten around to it.

• 2 years later...
My dad decided to upgrade his horn on his Legacy as he thought it was not loud enough. After he almost hit a car, he understood that the driver didn't hear my dad's horn. Honestly, I think that all the Subaru cars have terrible horns. Sometimes even I don't hear it despite being in the car. So, my dad went to buy a new horn, and he chose one of the weirdest ones. He got one from hornblasters.com. Man, that thing sounds like a damn truck! Sometimes I shit myself when I hear that loud shit. But, you know what, I also want one! Edited by mincabenj

My dad decided to upgrade his horn on his Legacy as he thought it was not loud enough. After he almost hit a car, he understood that the driver didn't hear my dad's horn. Honestly, I think that all the Subaru cars have terrible horns. Sometimes even I don't hear it despite being in the car.
Best ones to buy are the Supertones.. Either Red or Yellows in my opinion..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk