LegacyGT.com

98 Leggy Build

Workin on installing an auto console bezel into my car off a jdm car. Jdm manual cars didn’t come with toll card holder. But I got this cheap and wanted the storage space cubby. So I’m gonna make it fit.

First take manual trim and cut it to fit

b04d40dcce843cc49737c8d8ddaef7f6.jpg

Then trim out the auto bezel

2be781ca6cb635a0e033f25a06048021.jpg

Little bit of heat and then you can conform trim to fit auto bezel

1effa80d531c72f43f39485f2110b5d4.jpg

Still need to glue it together but roughly should look like so:

ee42b54c36b6b9750693fe5209dc5470.jpg

Also started painting some of my side skirt bits and small part of the wing that I finished prep work on.

78a18108bcdf303399964ce8fabe568a.jpg

46325e0c68dda6b8e1223c35de9f6c7c.jpg

And this is the paint pre polished so it’s going to be way nicer than the paint on the car hahah. But it’s coming out nicely. Nervous to drill into my trunk to install the wing but enough people have done it I will figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f49bc717fa17fc99fc6623dc55668175.jpg

Working on fitting side skirts and trims. Need a nice day of weather soon. Also need more paint to come in haha. Need to drill out clip holes for the side skirts and attach them like the oem gt body.

It looks great. Just need to source a rear valence and get my wing on. Then some wheels and I’ll be in serious business

Looking good.

You will need to grind a little bit off the bottom of your JDM surround near the cubby to get it to fit. It will make sense when you go to instal it.

There is a walkthrough to installing the spoiler available online with measurements and patterns for drilling the holes here------>http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/install-factory-roof-spoiler-second-generation-legacy-wagon-194416.html

If you don't have to drill the two large holes near the front to fit the RFRb then don't as some spoilers don't utilize these holes and if you ever want to switch it up you then have two giant holes in your car you need to address.

The part numbers for the grommet fasteners for those two giant holes in the front are:

Protector Grommets R&L 96059AC210/ 96059AC200

Ryan

There is a walkthrough to installing the spoiler available online with measurements and patterns for drilling the holes here------>http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/install-factory-roof-spoiler-second-generation-legacy-wagon-194416.html

If you don't have to drill the two large holes near the front to fit the RFRb then don't as some spoilers don't utilize these holes and if you ever want to switch it up you then have two giant holes in your car you need to address.

The part numbers for the grommet fasteners for those two giant holes in the front are:

Protector Grommets R&L 96059AC210/ 96059AC200

Ryan

Nice point out for the write up! I know I’m gunna need that tutorial here soon too!

Nice point out for the write up! I know I’m gunna need that tutorial here soon too!

Yes i saw that write up. It’ll help a lot when I get the wing painted. I know what you mean by removing plastic by the dash for the jdm trim install. I dont know if I’m gonna use this one now. Not very nice honestly and as cool as it would be to have the toll card slot the area around the trim is beat up so I will source a manual jdm trim cuz that cubby is nice and cool.

Got my drivers side skirt installed. Scary to drill into the body of a car. But I just sent it. At least I’ll be less scared to do the wing now. I used all new clips for the side skirt. It’s really on there. Thought I might need to use 3m tape cuz I was scared to drill holes but it was easy. It’s not going anywhere.

dff7bb77d1acbdb49fe8af5aa4af1f32.jpg

Need to get my other side on once I paint it.

This thing needs Tein coils and bbs wheels asap and then I’m just gonna drive the balls off it. It needs tie rods though. It’s got side to side play. No up and down play so if i understand correctly that means it’s not the wheel bearings?

Let me know

Got some oem subaru floor mats today. Makes the interior look a ton better. Makes me wish the carpets were black. Anyone dye their carpets before. Any best products? Did some googling but no definitive results. If I do it I’ll lay down a bunch of dynamat

Are you talking about the rubber mats or the carpet mats? If the rubber ones, where did you find them?

Generic legacy ones from a 05-09 fit perfect. Pretty sure they would out of an Impreza also.

Ignore the the shifter trim and boot for now. Looking for a manual jdm one.

Rare parts:

80345995c59faa756426465a5ae7071c.jpg

Wing is painted and back together. Tomorrow I’ll likely install

Let us know how that goes! It would be nice to see how you did yours. That way I have an idea what i'm doing for mine.

Looking good though! I need to find the double L grille for mine too. I think they look soo much better. Also looks like you have a lot of time on your hands for this. Wish I had that kind of time :icon_frow

Let us know how that goes! It would be nice to see how you did yours. That way I have an idea what i'm doing for mine.

Looking good though! I need to find the double L grille for mine too. I think they look soo much better. Also looks like you have a lot of time on your hands for this. Wish I had that kind of time :icon_frow

Lol. I don’t have time. I just never sleep. That’s how u get it all done. Lol. If you look st my post times I’m posting sometimes at 3-5am lol

58d7684698a4be0d3e849e691e629c43.jpg

Got these little guys painted, wired up and installed. Coming at you live with this post. Just drank a beer and now I’ve grown the testicular fortitude to attempt my wing install.

Let’s see how this goes