LegacyGT.com

98 Leggy Build

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did something the car actually needed finally lol.

9542e5417732812191ccb4c3642c6b56.jpg

New inner and outer tie rods and boots. First side took me two hours. Second side took me 20 mins. That’s the learning experience. Also I realized I could just cut the old one in half instead of unscrewing.

Think they were toasted?

fd76dfc1f183db41b38fdbab8dab31f9.jpg

Just got it aligned and dang that made the world of difference. Steering so tight now. Need coils cuz my suspension clunks. Needs lot of new bushings. Bushings are fun to do tho.

Tinting the car tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did something the car actually needed finally lol.

9542e5417732812191ccb4c3642c6b56.jpg

New inner and outer tie rods and boots. First side took me two hours. Second side took me 20 mins. That’s the learning experience. Also I realized I could just cut the old one in half instead of unscrewing.

Think they were toasted?

fd76dfc1f183db41b38fdbab8dab31f9.jpg

Just got it aligned and dang that made the world of difference. Steering so tight now. Need coils cuz my suspension clunks. Needs lot of new bushings. Bushings are fun to do tho.

Tinting the car tonight

My '98 wagon started out being the clone of yours, and I totally know what you mean by clunky suspension. We've had the inner tie rods done so now the steering is tight. I think I may go for new sway bar bushings and end links since I can see the rubber bushings in the end links are cracked. On mine, I think the rear struts have seen better days so i wouldn't mind getting some KYB's installed.

There is a way to get pretty close in your yard. You need a bunch of string and a couple jack stands or other heavy mid tire height object. Check it out on the youtube. Way nicer than wrestling the wheel.

Next time. While I was in there I see I have a torn axel boot. Might as well replace the axel if imma replace the boot

cf7978f815b0cc36be15522100cfb5e6.jpg

82db032d1cf41a0e1fc45de64a8c2e4d.jpg

Finally looking halfway decent. Paint is 20 years old so it’s not perfect. Maybe one day I will wrap it. Always wanted to try and wrap my car.

Needs coils. And maintenance work from here out.

Dude, the paint looks awesome.

I definitely would like to do some of the same things on my clone wagon.

JDM side markers

GT body side moldings- were you able to find them in Spruce Pearl?

I'll also like to switch to painted door handles instead of the black textured Legacy L handles

I definitely would like to do some of the same things on my clone wagon.

JDM side markers

GT body side moldings- were you able to find them in Spruce Pearl?

I'll also like to switch to painted door handles instead of the black textured Legacy L handles

Just painted the trims. Thinking of finding some gt door handles and painting. I painted the side skirts. Need to get a rear skirt too.

Just painted the trims. Thinking of finding some gt door handles and painting. I painted the side skirts. Need to get a rear skirt too.

I used an rear bumper from a legacy gt-b in a junkyard but I think that the rear bumper of a outback it's like a gtb too.