LegacyGT.com

98 Leggy Build

Easier than installing jdm fogs is taillights.

Usdm mid light says subaru.

4a97902d558669f6f43c4d95e1376130.jpg

Jdm one says legacy:

57d4a20fcf97fb26477b431761ae53b4.jpg

71e5ca7ec662b725681d6bfa4d4c1425.jpg

98a5a92f2eb2b7e1a8f1c9d2cb695ab4.jpg

Looks good. Dumb to install it though because the window seal makes it damn impossible to reinstall. It sucked. Took probably and hour before I nailed down the technique. Otherwise it wires up as USDM cars part. All connectors pop in.

Ordered new oem shift boot for 00-2004 Subaru Legacy. Prolly should’ve ordered one for an Impreza. Have to modify. I wanted oem Quality versus some cheap crap one:

4cda042fa65513da3e45d77d11c9ab4d.jpg

158efde468e84c3f6c3693b45b8a9abe.jpg

20 years will ruin leather

a19590065a7d4a8c0f53d82c297d8155.jpg

0712669c6e4680bf4f0cfe76630d01f8.jpg

Ran out of time today but will show it all finished later

Need wheels and suspension ASAP but waiting for what I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got them installed. Took close to 10hours total id say. Learned a lot and would do differently next time.

91af196cee1c34c808404d497270907d.jpg

Now trying my hand at tinting. Did just one window to see how my technique is. Will return to see how it turns out tomorrow once the bubbles dry out:

Before picture:

e8069d9325717bc1e845638c7fef4b2f.jpg

Currently painting my eyelids. Not sure if I’m gonna run them but I just might considering I don’t see them often on leggys and they are really nice. Will post pics.

Tomorrow I’m gonna try my hand at painting side trims and mirrors to match body color. Full faux gt status. Car is coming out pimp.

The eyelids make your car look half asleep haha

How'd you get the active tire display? Is it something that someone could buy?

Not sold on eyelids but again easy to take on and off so I’ll keep em cuz they’re rare too

As for the tire pressure monitoring It is something that anyone could buy. Check out driftdialects.com and you can pick up some. Amazon also has options.

Today was rainy as hell so I was inside painting some bits. Tomorrow I am picking up some rear skirts and side skirts off a gt model wagon. I know a lot of people don’t paint them body color but I’m gonna. I am using plastic adhesion promoter and a full oem style paint kit and things are turning out great!

Mirrors:

cef44ecfa836486d3255a198ec0d2167.jpg

Side door trim:

9e9bf110a8375cc31155d7c14b015802.jpg

Also the tint is coming out nice. I need to work on my technique as I have never tinted and really only watched one Mighty car Mods video on how to do it. I love me some MCM. But I have a lot of 3m tint so I will get it all done on the car eventually. Need nicer weather as I have no covered space.

08d47792a383ca7df6de6360d45f429e.jpg

The parts came out really good! The colour match looks spot on from the pictures you posted. Any way you can put up a link to where you got your paint supplies or for the kit itself? I have HippoSleek spoiler, skirts and side indicators to paint.

As far as the tinting, the back window is the biggest pain in the ass for the car. I have to re-do mine as it wrinkled a bit. Its not to hard overall if you just take your time.

Car is looking good.

Ryan

The parts came out really good! The colour match looks spot on from the pictures you posted. Any way you can put up a link to where you got your paint supplies or for the kit itself?

^THIS!

I have to do some rust repair... which painting comes shortly after. This would be helpful.

pre shrink the rear window, it is the best way to get it to stick and fit well. my best friend owned a tint, audio and performance shop for years, ive done a little of everything there. ask away if you end up with questions on it

Just a adhesion promoter, primer, base and clear from automotivetouchup.com. All shot out of a can but they do offer gallons and touch up pens and whatever you need.

I’ve used their products on over 10 or so cars with good results

Pulled skirts and rear valence off a car today. It was a sedan and I thought the rear would work. Don’t care since I sold the valence already for 25$ and I paid 50$ for the whole skirt set. They’re pretty rough but I’ll work on em.

b5d4b4bcba6b81da400433b7c7ab552b.jpg

13985620eff39b158b272fbaca1976c4.jpg

Spotted today was the nicest SH fozz I’ve ever seen in real life.

bc60b087d4d52f73bf153357e0c72afa.jpg

pre shrink the rear window, it is the best way to get it to stick and fit well. my best friend owned a tint, audio and performance shop for years, ive done a little of everything there. ask away if you end up with questions on it

I’m assuming you mean to trim to shape on outside of rear window. Use heat gun to form and then install inside

ff4f0999900c2828cb478b1522f67fb8.jpg

Working on the skirts.

I would get GT wheels but I’m waiting for 5x100 bbs 04 sti wheels to pop up. I’m gonna paint them in silver. I think green gold is a little too pimp for this wagon. I want a car that people will look at and think is stock. But then they look closer and see stuff like the wing and the seats and wheels and what not. An openly secretive modified look

I've started out with the identical wagon as yours. You ought to get a scooped hood- looks so much better with it than before (I managed to find a '99 Outback hood with a decent matching Spruce Pearl finish.

I also agree the GT snowflakes will make it look even more awesome. I finally found a set locally several months ago, but need to save up for new 16" tires before I can put them on.

Your wagon looks awesome!