LegacyGT.com

Madrig ,the north BP5 .

madrig

an other of my idea . i changed the fog light !

i used ford led fog, valeo made , that are the same as 5 gen legacy and look the same as the morimoto xb aftermarket fog . the idea was to find a model widely available .i will also update this to my post facelift jdm bumper cause there is chance i make a mold of it , so the need to supply with fog light at good price .

IMG_5030.thumb.JPG.eb043d54ff7cd2027c342abb3bc4c0be.JPG

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Are you planning a write up on how you got the JDM McIntosh stereo working?

i think i did somewhere . but yes i can do , also i never finished pluged the speakers !me as always !

Sorry, dumb question. How is the McIntosh system vs Harmon Kardon? Ive driven two newer subarus (2019 outback and 2020 legacy) with it and I like it, it’s nice, but I haven’t experienced the McIntosh so I have nothing to compare it to.

Madrig, c’est magnifique comme toujours! J’aime bien les nouvelles choses que tu as fait à votre wagon. Ça me donne des idées pour le mien.

Sorry, dumb question. How is the McIntosh system vs Harmon Kardon? Ive driven two newer subarus (2019 outback and 2020 legacy) with it and I like it, it’s nice, but I haven’t experienced the McIntosh so I have nothing to compare it to.

Madrig, c’est magnifique comme toujours! J’aime bien les nouvelles choses que tu as fait à votre wagon. Ça me donne des idées pour le mien.

two answers to your question.

1) head unit is 2007-08 (blk gloss). very old by today's standards. it's ok and works fine if you understand that going in. like madrid mentioned.

2) speakers are old too but sounds nice. the system adds 5 more speakers, as least in the s402 model (2 front door, 2 mirror trim, 1 center dash) to the front and sub in the rear. it depends if you can get lucky finding a good set that hasn't been abused. most shippers won't ship them due to shipping regs.

personally like the McIntosh speakers. head unit is ok, but will keep for the OEM look. I prefer the old speakers (in good condition) because they are made better. everything today sounds cheap. That my opinion.

756702487_ScreenShot2021-05-05at1_04_25PM.thumb.png.67a959e412ab61f99d70d1805d17fbeb.png

Edited by 05MNLGT

I've not heard either but I can tell you this. McIntosh is an extremely high end audio company up there with B&W and such. It's what the real hoity toity people like.

Harmon Kardon is more general consumer. Nothing wrong with them by any means but they are not meant to be in the same league.

I'm sure the Subaru McIntosh system isn't anywhere near the quality of their $1k bookshelf speakers, but I'd be surprised if they weren't substantially better than anything your used to from factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merci ca fait plaisir , mais c est un projet jamais fini !

for me , at the time , the mcintosh was a cheap otion to get the AUX fonction that the 05 06 dont have .

this system work like a home system , the speakers are 8ohm and need a capacitor . the sub is 4 ohm .

to radio come with the amps . you need the cord to radio to the amps cause it s a special plug so if you dont have it is useless .

i had to find the wiring diagram of the manufacturer to plug it all .

the radio is standard to plug .

the speakers are connected to the amps . i find a Hyundai plug i think , that fitted the amp . the amp need 12v , the legacy is already wired . in your fuse box ( engine bay ) you have a fuse write AMP . it s no in use so you can use it even for plug gauge or camera . the wire is in the plug that is located in the front right pillar , under the glove box . after that you need specific speakers 8 hom .the quality of the speaker make the big difference .

an other thing to ad , the climate control is independent , so you can salvage it to ad to a double din . so it s an option if i decide to buy an aftermarket radio i already have the climate control

merci ca fait plaisir , mais c est un projet jamais fini !

J’espère que vous continuez de nous montrer vos travailles, votre voiture est comme un beau tableau.

Thanks everyone for the info about the McIntosh speakers some good info there.

Those fender flares remind me of an Evo V’s fender flares, IMHO the best aesthetically designed Evo. Seeing those on a LGT wagon makes me realize I need those for mine, along with wider wheels to match...beautifully executed.

If I win the lottery, (or don’t put it into the wall at the track first), I’m definitely pulling my wallet out to do this wide body kit! ...and I’m gonna ship my car to Canada and PAY him proper to do it right!

I looked through some of your posted thread history but could not find a write up on the Mcintosh install.

i did in post 53 . it s not much yes . let me know if you need infos .

• 2 weeks later...

This has been an amazing thread to read through. That is an excellent wagon you've got going on over there, the attention to detail really shows through. I could tell from my CF hood scoop you were good, but this stuff is thoroughly impressive and makes me want to keep making mine more and more pretty.

To that end, is there a list of things that you have a mold for that you could make for me? I am probably most immediately interested in the cubby gauge pod but would take probably whatever non wagon specific parts you could throw at me.

Also, really like that McIntosh head unit. The display on my Harmon Kardon unit is half broken. I might try and do that just for asthetics, I imagine the McInsosh is ATLEAST as good sounding as the regular HK?

This has been an amazing thread to read through. That is an excellent wagon you've got going on over there, the attention to detail really shows through. I could tell from my CF hood scoop you were good, but this stuff is thoroughly impressive and makes me want to keep making mine more and more pretty.

To that end, is there a list of things that you have a mold for that you could make for me? I am probably most immediately interested in the cubby gauge pod but would take probably whatever non wagon specific parts you could throw at me.

Also, really like that McIntosh head unit. The display on my Harmon Kardon unit is half broken. I might try and do that just for asthetics, I imagine the McInsosh is ATLEAST as good sounding as the regular HK?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281616

search is your friend :)