LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

Team orders have not worked with F1 egos.

That's another issue I have with F1, team orders.

I'm with the drivers on this one. You are a race car driver you race to win.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Constructor's championship is the only meaningful championship, though.

I get that the drivers want to be the best but if they constantly crash out of races and losing out on constructor's points, they might not have a seat and thus, not get a chance to be the best.

That's another issue I have with F1, team orders.

I'm with the drivers on this one. You are a race car driver you race to win.

If you fight inside the team so bad that both crash you don't win at all.

Competition within a team is good, but don't go down the path of sorrows. Anyone racing should realize that beating the other teams is the primary goal.

453747.png

I fell asleep midway through.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recorded it and watched a few days later. Ended up fasforwarding through most of it. Not much to see. Hamilton must be feeling great though. Ferrari needs a better strategy next time.

Interesting to see the cars in the Grand Hotel Hairpin, inner front tire is lifting on the cars.

I noticed that too... and it was a lot.

I'm okay with the finish order too. Winner had a hell of a drive with a half broken car but that would only happen at Monaco. Everywhere else it would have amounted to a DNF.

Two boring races today, imo. Monaco and Indy. Zero or little passing. And it was HOT at Indy in turn 1. Best thing was I had a pass to use closed off roads for medical vehicles so no traffic in or out. It's good to be friends with the state Solicitor General. Edited by KartRacerBoy

Red Bull wants to sort out their engine deal - Renault or Honda - before negotiating with Ricciardo. If I was Ricciardo and Red Bull went with Honda, I'd say aloha to be anywhere else. Toro Rosso had one good result in the first race of 2018 but have been for shite since then. I see no progress other than they are not blowing up every race. Hope they stick with Renault and Ricciardo gets to beat Verstappen some more (fast but stupid).

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-wants-to-sort-engine-deal-before-ricciardo-contract-1043157/

Williams is my favorite F1 team and it has pained me to watch them slide to the bottom of the pack over the years. I miss the years of Patrick Head and Frank Williams as the dynamic duo.

Now they've fired their head aero guy. They've only scored 4 points so far this season. Yikes. Hope they pony up the dough and find someone decent. Apparently this years car has a stall problem in its diffuser in the turns, as well as a problem with their aero simulator program. Andrian Newey, come rescue Williams!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-splits-with-aero-chief-1043334/

Hemingway said there were only three real sports -- motorracing, mountain climbing and bullfighting. The rest are games.

It's not F1 but the Isle of Mann TT is a man's sport. Two dead so far this year and another critically injured but recovering. How brave, no CRAZY, do you have to be to engage in this form of motorsport nowadays when almost every other form of racing has gotten so safe?

Also, regarding the low profile tires: I think it would look goofy on the cars* but Pirelli is right when saying that 18" is more relevant than 13s with 8" of side wall.

It would make suspensions more complex or difficult but at the same time, pull and push rod suspensions aren't relevant for the masses either.

*I think it would open up the braking and MGU-K options allowing for maybe safer brakes or better cooling to prevent stuff like what happened at Monaco and other races where the rotors overheat and fail. This might be able to fill the back side of the wheels to keep the "full" look the brakes give it without gaping holes in the spokes.

As if F1 tires have much relevance to street tires. Unless you're a hella streetracer. :lol:

I want F1 tires like I like my womens. Bigger and beefier! True except for the women part. I like them low profile, but I don't mind being a hypocrite between tire and women preferences.

Edited by KartRacerBoy

As if F1 tires have much relevance to street tires. :lol:

True and the same goes for WEC. If we're going to be that black and white on the matter, stop restricting fuel flow, stop restricting MGU-K/H, let the teams go wild because nothing is relevant for street anyway.