• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the live broadcast.

confirmed 2.4 turbo engine.

260 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque.

5000 lbs towing capacity.

8.7 inch of ground clearance.

Not too bad I guess. The car has lots of nice features. So I think that will probably be our next family car soon!

Additional info that you'll all find sooner or later :rolleyes:. Added interesting stuff in bold

quoting from http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease/1229/1/subaru-america-inc-presents-all-new-2019-ascent

The 2019 Ascent offers the optimal blend of SUV capability and car-like ride and handling with standard Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, 18- inch wheels and four-wheel independent suspension. The 8.7 inches of ground clearance for all models is greater than many SUVs, yet the Ascent maintains a comfortably low step-in height for both front and rear passenger entry. Active Torque Vectoring, first introduced on the WRX ® and WRX STI® performance models, is also standard. The three-row SUV is powered by an all-new 2.4-liter BOXER engine that uses a combination of direct fuel injection, high compression (10.6:1), Subaru Dual Active Valve Control System (DAVCS), a twin-scroll turbocharger and an intercooler to achieve outstanding performance and high efficiency. The engine produces 260 horsepower at 5,600 rpm, accompanied by a broad torque curve that peaks at 277 lb.ft. over a 2,000-4,800-rpm engine speed range. All trim levels are paired with a high-torque Lineartronic CVT featuring an 8-speed manual mode function with steering wheel paddle shifters as well as X-Mode® with Hill Descent Control. This powertrain allows up to 5,000-lb. towing capacity, the most of any Subaru in history. Trailer Stability Assist helps to maintain vehicle stability while towing. The TSA system utilizes yaw sensors to monitor trailer sway and then can brake individual wheels to stabilize the vehicle and trailer. The Ascent is not only powerful but also efficient with exemplary fuel economy that provides more than a 500-mile range on a single tank.

I'm glad Subaru is finally offering remote start from the Starlink mobile app, that is long overdue. I can't wait for that feature to trickle down to the Legacy. (I am aware that there are certain aftermarket remote start systems that offer this)

I think the biggest thing is....

VENTILATED SEATS!

Seriously, been waiting to see these for a long time.

Can't believe I'm actually considering passing on the 2018/9 3.6R and waiting for the 2020 Redesign so I have a chance at Ventilated Seats in the Leg!

Going to be very impatient waiting for the NY Auto Show and Chicago Auto Show (where the usually drop info about next year's model)

You realize they will all be built on the same scalable platform...so they will be equally close, as they are now.
I should have said 'closer in styling'... Anyway, the Ascent doesn't look much different that an Outback, just Bigger Fenders, and the bottom front looks like an 18' Legacy...

The Outback and the Legacy are about the same length but the Ascent is 7(?) inches longer... I don't know how they compare in width...

I don't know how they compare in width...

See the brochure at the link I posted. It includes dimensioned 3-view drawings.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I think the biggest thing is....

VENTILATED SEATS!

Seriously, been waiting to see these for a long time.

Can't believe I'm actually considering passing on the 2018/9 3.6R and waiting for the 2020 Redesign so I have a chance at Ventilated Seats in the Leg!

Going to be very impatient waiting for the NY Auto Show and Chicago Auto Show (where the usually drop info about next year's model)

You could always buy a BMW 5 Series or a Volvo S90. ;-)

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

5000 lbs towing on a cvt? For what, one trip?

Using the same high-torque CVT in a new Forester XT. I read somewhere that the Forester XT is rated at 5,000 lbs in Europe with same trans.

Could be a warranty thing, cause my 17' FXT has enough brakes to pull a trailer/small camper.

In regards to the 2020 STI, a 2.4L DIT would be awesome, especially with factory Flex-Fuel capability to up HP. :)

Using the same high-torque CVT in a new Forester XT. I read somewhere that the Forester XT is rated at 5,000 lbs in Europe with same trans.

My point is I don't trust the longevity of CVTs yet.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Considering that the Outback with 2.5i I have is rated to 2000 kg (4400 pounds).

But the rules for trailer use are different here compared to the US. Speed limits and trailer brake requirements.

453747.png

That 100k goes a lot quicker than you think! Hopefully by the time my Leg 3.6 gets near the 100k mark we'll know more about the longevity.

My 05 is still at 97k :hide:

Considering that the Outback with 2.5i I have is rated to 2000 kg (4400 pounds).

But the rules for trailer use are different here compared to the US. Speed limits and trailer brake requirements.

ehsnils, just curious, have you pulled any real heavy trailers with your car?

My 2017 is averaging under 900 miles per month...needless to say, I am under my 12k lease amount.

But since I decided not to buy this car once lease runs out, I am now letting my college age son put some miles on it when he needs to.

He managed (until we figured out what he was doing) to put 18,000 miles on his car in the first year -- on a 2016 civic we leased for him and his brother (that has a 12,000 mile a year lease allotment).

On the plus side, he paid us $600 from his work last summer to cover the 15 cents per mile overage...some lessons have to be learned.

Wow, that's great on your mileage. I have two routes to work. One is toll-free, about 10 miles of heavy city traffic. The other is a toll highway, about 20 miles, all 55-65 mph.

So, my commute to work is either 100 or 200 miles a week, so 400 city or 800 highway miles a month.... and then there's shuttling the kids around! It seems I'm usually good for around 10-12k a year. Summers I'm usually commuting from a shore house, so it's more like 60 each way, that's 600 a week! >.<

Archived