LegacyGT.com

What other shocks Fit this car!?!?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you, asshole. You bought the car I wanted. Sell the ******* car and buy a honda or some other shitbox.

I'll give you $3900. Then you can buy a temporary car that doesn't cost a bunch of money to "be more fun".

Why the hell am I an asshole. It came up on craigslist within 20 minutes from him posting it I called and picked it up.

Had you pegged for a catcher. Perhaps a Chrysler T&C would serve you better.

I meant drive my bad. And I ain't driving a minivan bro. Trust my previous cars weren't any better than this. Well I mean I still have one of them but you catch my drift. Not the worst car I've own/owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gentlemen, gentlemen, (maybe some ladies, I'm not sure), I just don't get how this is an irrelevant or stupid question. We all here own legacy gt's. We all know the parts are scarce. I'm sure maybe somebody else has thought of this no doubt. But as I've said in my other thread, I want 2017 answers. Something up to date. New cars, new designs come out every couple of years. All you people do is throw shade. Damn man, if I wanted some negativity in my life I'd just ask my professor what my grade is, no need to come to you guys. You guys just say you are trying to help. If you guys know the answer just tell me. If you don't, don't answer. Why keep it a secret? Did you promise somebody you can't tell anyone else? You found it online, whoopdie-*******-doo. I didn't so instead of telling me "look harder noob" be a normal ******* human and just say "bro I got you, it's right here, [link]". Plain and simple. I write more paragraphs on this forum than in my English class. I'm just trying to play with the cards I was dealt. If you guys knew how much money I make a week you'd cry. I barley afford my gas. I just have my priorities setup in such a way where I rather spend money on my car to enjoy driving it than hang out with some pals. Sorry I'm not as into these cars as much as you guys. I'm telling you guys, on BMW forums they are way more helpful. Maybe cause everyone who owns one is a douche to everybody who doesn't own one. But here it's the opposite. "Hey guys, SamT07 has a logical question that hasn't been asked for years" - "let's all take turns roasting him to make ourselves feel better". That's this ******* forum in a nutshell. I only use forums 99.9% of the time for classifieds cause nobody here has parts to sell for this car. The 0.1% is my curiosity roaming around at 1 a.m. Before bed just thinking about random ******* shit. Just don't hate. If you guys are gonna hate, hate Obama, not me. (Now I know somebody is gonna give me shit for that one but at this point I seriously don't give a single ****). Goodnight. This is the calm before the storm I know I'm gonna wake up to a shit ton of bullshit. [emoji1308]

If you guys knew how much money I make a week you'd cry. I barley afford my gas.

Seriously though you should have bought a wagon in the 1st place so you can sleep in it when you blew all your hard earn money on this car :hide:

On a serious note those car can become a major money pit if not done right in the 1st place or if the PO didn't care at all.

AFAIK, only the outback and legacy share the same struts. I know 00-04 rear OB struts fits 05-09 since I have them on mine. Otherwise serious digging is necessary to find the 1 post saying what other model fits.

Take a moment and think about it : your 4th gen is a 12y-o car, there are already plenty of combos available. Look at the model numbers lgt vs wrx, if they are not the same there is probably a good reason for that. Hell they might physically fit but not suited for the weight/height/etc.

Don't get me wrong, I have the same age as you do but I prefer to stick with pieces I know or read that fits. Some members here have had their LGT since new from the dealership and probably paid 2-3 times the car from mods and maintenance.

The LGT wheel is already patented.

Gentlemen, gentlemen, (maybe some ladies, I'm not sure), I just don't get how this is an irrelevant or stupid question. We all here own legacy gt's. We all know the parts are scarce. I'm sure maybe somebody else has thought of this no doubt. But as I've said in my other thread, I want 2017 answers. Something up to date. New cars, new designs come out every couple of years. All you people do is throw shade. Damn man, if I wanted some negativity in my life I'd just ask my professor what my grade is, no need to come to you guys. You guys just say you are trying to help. If you guys know the answer just tell me. If you don't, don't answer. Why keep it a secret? Did you promise somebody you can't tell anyone else? You found it online, whoopdie-*******-doo. I didn't so instead of telling me "look harder noob" be a normal ******* human and just say "bro I got you, it's right here, [link]". Plain and simple. I write more paragraphs on this forum than in my English class. I'm just trying to play with the cards I was dealt. If you guys knew how much money I make a week you'd cry. I barley afford my gas. I just have my priorities setup in such a way where I rather spend money on my car to enjoy driving it than hang out with some pals. Sorry I'm not as into these cars as much as you guys. I'm telling you guys, on BMW forums they are way more helpful. Maybe cause everyone who owns one is a douche to everybody who doesn't own one. But here it's the opposite. "Hey guys, SamT07 has a logical question that hasn't been asked for years" - "let's all take turns roasting him to make ourselves feel better". That's this ******* forum in a nutshell. I only use forums 99.9% of the time for classifieds cause nobody here has parts to sell for this car. The 0.1% is my curiosity roaming around at 1 a.m. Before bed just thinking about random ******* shit. Just don't hate. If you guys are gonna hate, hate Obama, not me. (Now I know somebody is gonna give me shit for that one but at this point I seriously don't give a single ****). Goodnight. This is the calm before the storm I know I'm gonna wake up to a shit ton of bullshit. [emoji1308]

Are you dense or something? We have told you. Do a goddamn search. They could come up with a million new cars, but because technology advances and platforms change, THINGS WILL NOT FIT ON YOUR OLD CAR.

Your question isn't logical. It has been explained why.

You need to transcend your idiotic generation and understand that just because you don't like the answer, it doesn't mean someone is going to cup your balls, tell you it's okay, and spoon feed you the magical solution you wish existed.

Here's your 2017 answer: You will not find suspension for another car that will work on this one. Don't like it? Go occupy something or whatever it is you kids do these days.

I could suck start a snow blower.

So,yes, you probably will. You are rude and incapable of learning. If you are in school and writing more than here, I hope you are not doing on the public dollar. Otherwise I want my tax dollars back.

However, I have a millennial friend who started out the way you are. I'm willing to give it a shot to try to help you as I was a bit rude. The number of apologies I've made on this forum is close to zero, so bow down.

You bought a luxury sedan for a bargain price. Every thread you've started has good advice which you ignore. There are no budget fixes for these cars. If you want a 2017 solution, use the search function. Open a new safari window, type legacygt.com "find my part" click the search picture and wait. Where "find my part" is the actual name of the part not random text.

An engine rebuild is running 8k +/- 5k. Its been the same for a decade. You can swap in a LS1/2/3 however there are no kits. You can buy a powertrain from Japan (JDM) for 3-20k and swap it in for 3-20k. It's the same engine you get here just JDM.

So I have an 05 LGT and I live by the mountains I love going up some times and ,I guess you can say, "carve the canyons". But the can't doesn't perform like I would like it to. Suspension wise I have nothing but Tein lowering springs and I have Federal 595 RSR tires which have made a huge difference. But when I take a turn I feel like the car is about to flip because of all the body roll. Any idea where to start with mods?

This thread was asked and answered several times. I noticed you never replied to my post. Why not?

You want to drive in the canyons in a car that has 12 year old suspension parts,, you might want to update your will. You want to "update" your 12 year old car and 12 year old suspension parts by adding random pieces and ignoring the underlying problem, update your will.

Coming on the forum and berating ppl for not giving you a recipe for the 50 cent fix is not going to get much help. Looking over the threads, you have annoyed so many ppl they are not even up to sammiching you. You can't search for that, its part of the folklore. Happy reading.

There is a suspension section. It has stickies on what to do. Even a recipe thread.

I've been reading up on forums and been looking at the fact that it said these cars are limited to 130 something MPH. Unless you get a tune to remove the governor. When I just got my car bone stock from some old guy, I actually maxed it out at around 155 where the car would redline in 5th. Anybody else like this?

155mph in your car on 12 year old suspension parts on public roads? Yep, you're an idiot. Writing in a public forum that you did this, in california? You do know there are police officers on this forum? And that is an admission of guilt?

Tuning section?

Otherwise silverstates in nevada is what you want. Search for that thread. Its worth reading.

I have an issue with my car and nobody can properly diagnose it. Durning cold starts my car will puff out white smoke(not blue). The car seems like it has blow by but when revving there is none. I have a catless up pipe, catted dp, GFB bov, and Cobb intake but no tune what so ever. When driving the dipstick shoots up and leaks oil. But also leaking from what looks like below the valve cover now. I don't have any power loss what so ever. But when I come to a stop smoke comes from under the hood smelling like oil burning. Any help is greatly appreciated. Me and my mechanics can't diagnose it. Seems like blow by, blown head, or Turbo or something. All started out of nowhere. Thanks.

This was a fun thread. You were offered lots of help from experienced & unpaid ppl. Let me emphasize unpaid. You were rude.

I want a Cobb ss does anyone wanna sell theirs??? I want to get rid of some of my shifter play. I replaced the bushing but didn't change anything.

Another in a long line of "hey my dick fell off, please attach it remotely for free" posts. Goto the cobb website and buy one. Failing that, look on the classifieds (I know you found that section) or craigslist (another site you know how to use). However, if that's not good enough, goto your school find your 3d printer and print one from thingverse.

Selling my cobb bpv. I need the money. $140 +shipping. Works great. No gasket though.

I need money. But I'll take less cause I reposted it instead of updating the original thread.

Its only been used for 3k miles. It works fine, piston moves freely. Im just trying to get rid of it because i want a full VTA Bov not a 50/50. $200+shipping.

I need money to buy a less useful part that requires tuning that I won't do leading to my engine blowing up even faster leading to a "help my engine blew up how come it costs 8k to fix my car is for sale for 8k cause these are worth it even with a blown engine" thread. Welcome to the party. Its a luxury car with luxury repair costs. These were 30-40k cars in 2005. 30-40k in 2005 is like 80k today.

Found a local seller selling a turboxs ecu for very cheap and the reviews on it seem good. But are the ecu's the same??? Please let me know.

Yep its real cheap because its real useless. If you can't tune, you've wasted your money. If you can tune, you wouldnt be asking this question. However, there is a whole section on tuning with numerous stickies on how to do it. Free education.

What bumper and lip is this?!?!?!!

tineye.com

There is a jdm thread. there is a whole section on photos of legacy. This car is posted in that section. There are millions of pictures in that section. magnussubie has posted 50% of them. He probably has done that mod. Find his threads and look at his pictures. Oops, I helped you.

I was wondering how I can make the car loud on a budget. I know the whole spacer the exhaust and stuff but I want it louder for now temporarily until I buy the q300 system. Anybody have any ideas?

Luxury car. 4 cylinder turbo engine. Boom. There's no way to make it loud on a budget. However, I have a solution. I have a custom set of straight pipes. $300. 110db. Loud enough to get stopped for a wicked ticket.

Really, making it loud doesn't make it fast. Making it loud to drive in the canyons gets you a ticket.

It's got a turbo on it. The turbo reduces the amount of sound by muffling some of the noise.

If you want it loud, buy a better stereo. Its cheaper than trying to make the engine loud.

Hello, I'm Sam. I bought my 2005 LGT last week and I've noticed a whining only when accelerating in second gear. When I downshift into second though there is no noise unless I get back on the throttle. If you guys know anything about this problem please let me know. Thanks you.

Posting responses in LIFO order allows me to conclude the whining is a personality trait. However.

This whining noise should include a visit to your mechanic. If you want a forum of unpaid experts to guess your noise, you should post a youtube video of the noise.

Hello, I'm Sam. I bought my 2005 LGT last week and I've noticed a whining only when accelerating in second gear. When I downshift into second though there is no noise unless I get back on the throttle. If you guys know anything about this problem please let me know. Thanks you.

Your first post. It should have come with a warning. I whine. Acutally we were warned. We're idiots. And you wonder why noobs get bashed on so much.

Sorry I didn't really help you much. All of your questions have answers. Not all of the answers are going to make you happy. You mentioned Obama. I'm sorry to say 8 years of Obama has encouraged you to think that your every whim should be immediately be blessed. I would guess your responses have more like Trump's responses. Not sure why that's relevant. I assume that's millennial for I ran out of things to say so let's try trigger words to further randomize the conversation.

There is a FAQ on this site. I'm sure you can guess what FAQ number one is? http://legacygt.com/index.php?page=faq&

Ability to read not being a requirement these days (How can you graduate high school, have an iphone, and not understand how the search function works?), here's the relevant parts of the FAQ:

Things to remember about posting:

1. Check the 'Stickies' in each forum before posting - chances are, your question has already been answered and you won't have to wait for someone to reply with the information you seek.

2. Check out the forums and descriptions - the info you seek is probably already in one and doing this will help you find it.

3. Whenever possible, post a reply to an existing thread vs. starting a new one...it helps keep things organized

4. Before starting a 'new thread', ask yourself:

....a) "Will this contribute to the group?"

....b) "Did I search for my answer before posting?"

5. Please stay on topic with your posts. If you want to say something that is not relevant to the post you are reading, this is a good reason to start a new thread. Mods are instructed to monitor for off-topic (OT) posts and get them back on track. Doing this shows respect for the members who posted the original thread - no hijacks please.

6. Have an opinion or got something to say?

....a) Back them up with reasons and facts where appropriate - this will keep the 'flaming' to a minimum

....b) Please be respectful of other members when doing so - a variety of opinions is what makes the world go 'round.

]

At this point, I've violated every one of those rules by feeding your trolling post. I'm going to take myself out in a field and wait for the rapture to take me now. Someone come get my dog...

wonderwordwall

The fact that you're taking the time for all of that despite him being one of the most exasperating members in recent history is impressive. I've clearly moved past that. :lol:

dense

dens/Submit

adjective

closely compacted in substance.

"dense volcanic rock"

synonyms: thick, heavy, opaque, soupy, murky, smoggy; More

informal

(of a person) stupid.

synonyms: stupid, unintelligent, ignorant, brainless, mindless, foolish, slow, witless, simpleminded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, idiotic, imbecilic; More

It implies that your overly-thick skull prevents you from absorbing information. You seem to be reinforcing more with every post you make.

Archived