LegacyGT.com

What other shocks Fit this car!?!?

I am sorry. We are all irrationally attached to these cars / this platform and willing to drop the 5 to 8k into the car to get it running again.

Your lack of irrational love for the car makes me angry.

Honestly though, there aren't a lot of good cheap options. If you want cheap. Get some stiff lowering springs for 150 to 250. Throw them on your stock struts. Sure the ride won't be good, but it might be closer to what you are looking for.

BRB looking into getting an STI transmission for my car ($5k) because I don't like the 5mt and my clutch is going. Because what's another $5k when I spent $8k rebuilding the engine 2 years ago.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're a guy on a budget then the best possible thing for you to do is browse the classifieds on here for a deal on used suspension. You said it yourself, these cars aren't that popular. They are a niche market car that most of us here love to hate and hate to love. You come in here and you say that you search but it's painfully obvious that you don't. You'd be better off saying what you found when you searched and asking clarifying questions. Instead you say you didn't search, when people give you answers you don't want to hear you get all hard headed, vulgar towards long-time knowledgeable members and make yourself look like a child. Your question of does other suspension fit was answered quite well actually by Joe r until you just replied "I'll look into it". There's nothing to look into!! That's the answer!

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I am sorry. We are all irrationally attached to these cars / this platform and willing to drop the 5 to 8k into the car to get it running again.

Honestly though, there aren't a lot of good cheap options. If you want cheap. Get some stiff lowering springs for 150 to 250. Throw them on your stock struts. Sure the ride won't be good, but it might be closer to what you are looking for.

BRB looking into getting an STI transmission for my car ($5k) because I don't like the 5mt and my clutch is going. Because what's another $5k when I spent $8k rebuilding the engine 2 years ago.

$8k for a rebuild? Wtf do you have? A cosworth block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look I have no idea about you guys but I don't have enough money to buy Koni yellows or bilstiens. I know that they are good when mated with swift springs or sti pink springs but that's just out of my budget. I only bought this car because it was really cheap. And I basically had a stage 2 setup because I got everything for a really really really good price on Craigslist. It's just when something is specific for this car it costs more because let's just say it's not that popular of a car so parts aren't abundant and cheap. I'm just looking for a cheaper alternative. I'm actually considering hockey pucks to stiffen my suspension. I bought this as a temporary car and I don't want to invest a whole lot into it. But i do want to modify it so I can at least have my fun with it. I can't explain. I had $4000 and picked up an 05 LGT with 104k miles and all maintenance records for $3900. ONLY REASON I HAVE ONE. Or else it's not that great of a car. The interior on these cars aren't that bad, and exterior is more of a 2003 Camry especially the ones with wings. Only reason I love this car, it's an Underdog. I'm not being stubborn, I'm not being a child. I am just a guy on a budget. That's all.

For a serious answer.... A set of koni inserts/rear shocks will make a significant difference, even on stock springs. Just the shocks are fairly affordable and hold most of there value when you go to resell them.

You haven't done much searching on the 4 Gen LGT. $8K isn't far off from a legit almost bulletproof build granted the average joe $8K ain't just 1 engine build gone right most the times. In the 12 or so years of these cars existence, people have tossed about 3 or so engines in plus clutches axles and you name it to keep them rolling down the road. 4 Gen LGT are the new "Bug Eye WRX" with it's high miles 4 owners and low cost of entry to lure in unsuspecting victims. I'm currently working on engine #2 and turbo #3 and probably sunk more than the $17k I paid for the car when it was still in new car warranty. The only thing cheap about these cars is buying it, after that expect to pay out the ass to keep it running or stalk part out threads.

Sorry if it seems harsh in here but it's literally scripted when someone new pops up.

"How do I do something none of us has thought of in 10 years" or "How do I hoon and do burn outs" Shortly become "What is this noise" and "how can I tell if the trans/turbo is shot"

In the event you have searched and gave up after the "you can't search again until x time has past" stopped you, search google and add "LegacyGT.com" at the end of it.

If you're a guy on a budget then the best possible thing for you to do is browse the classifieds on here for a deal on used suspension. You said it yourself, these cars aren't that popular. They are a niche market car that most of us here love to hate and hate to love. You come in here and you say that you search but it's painfully obvious that you don't. You'd be better off saying what you found when you searched and asking clarifying questions. Instead you say you didn't search, when people give you answers you don't want to hear you get all hard headed, vulgar towards long-time knowledgeable members and make yourself look like a child. Your question of does other suspension fit was answered quite well actually by Joe r until you just replied "I'll look into it". There's nothing to look into!! That's the answer!

I meant I'll look into modifying the rear struts to see modify them to fit.

And if it really is just a temporary car you got such a good deal on it you should really just resell it now before you put many miles on it as you'll make a 2-3k profit

I don't even know what these cars actually go for that's why I made the thread to see what mileage and price people got theirs for. I mean I can't go off craigslist prices cause honestly there is a guy he in LA who wants $4500 with 145k miles with a blown motor. I mean he can just be asking for that and he probably won't get it. If you think I got the car cheap you can't even imagine the parts. Lol. I basically came up on everything.

Honestly I don't know why these cars have so many problems? I mean In the front I'm on axle #3 for both sides and 3rd clutch, (I drive stick well, let's just say the previous owner shot the TOB and while I was driving it literally blew into pieces) counting the previous owners work. But besides that I have no real major issues. Minor things, wheel bearing, brakes, pcv, and my belts, (all of them) I have every service paper from 50k miles up. Every oil change and more. When I bought the car the average mpg it got for the past 8k miles (because the mpg is set on the trip) he got like 26 mpg. I barely get 18. But when I did my clutch and dp recently and undid the dp, the turbo had absolutely no shaft play. I have a video of me trying to move the shaft but Idk how to post a video.

Honestly I don't know why these cars have so many problems? I mean In the front I'm on axle #3 for both sides and 3rd clutch, (I drive stick well, let's just say the previous owner shot the TOB and while I was driving it literally blew into pieces) counting the previous owners work. But besides that I have no real major issues. Minor things, wheel bearing, brakes, pcv, and my belts, (all of them) I have every service paper from 50k miles up. Every oil change and more. When I bought the car the average mpg it got for the past 8k miles (because the mpg is set on the trip) he got like 26 mpg. I barely get 18. But when I did my clutch and dp recently and undid the dp, the turbo had absolutely no shaft play. I have a video of me trying to move the shaft but Idk how to post a video.

2005 is 1st year production model. It's like the batch of iPhones everyone camped outside for and are shat quality issues from being rushed to market for said campers.

MPG may be from the original owners knowledge where to shift and coast and flatter roads. In my DD, I can reach 6th gear comfortably at like 33 mph but it's not the optimal gear for that speed. Are you running premium and top tier fuels?

But I mean I don't care about my mpg, just trying to say that the guy didn't really push it hard. Honestly I don't think he knew what he had.

That's the thing about these cars, you don't "Hoon" these. They are capable of it, but they don't like it. The more you hoon especially at your miles, the higher the chances you find out what an $8k engine build is. These are the trophy wives of the Subaru community. There are people who will say the LGT aren't as fragile as we claim but they also don't push their cars to the mechanical limits every time they see an opening in traffic or an onramp and know to check the oil every fill up.

Best bet is UOA and delete banjo filters if you or the OO haven't already.

Forged pistons rebuilt block $6k. Includes parts and all labor.

$850 rebuilt VF52

New clutch

All KillerB oiling parts.

Super easy to hit $8k with these cars when the engines goes If you don't have the time or space to do the work yourself.

But when I did my clutch and dp recently and undid the dp, the turbo had absolutely no shaft play. I have a video of me trying to move the shaft but Idk how to post a video.

Why on earth would you want to remove the turbo "shaft" on a turbo with no shaft play? :lol::lol::lol:

Post the video on Youtube and link it here. Please.

Look I have no idea about you guys but I don't have enough money to buy Koni yellows or bilstiens. I know that they are good when mated with swift springs or sti pink springs but that's just out of my budget. I only bought this car because it was really cheap. And I basically had a stage 2 setup because I got everything for a really really really good price on Craigslist. It's just when something is specific for this car it costs more because let's just say it's not that popular of a car so parts aren't abundant and cheap. I'm just looking for a cheaper alternative. I'm actually considering hockey pucks to stiffen my suspension. I bought this as a temporary car and I don't want to invest a whole lot into it. But i do want to modify it so I can at least have my fun with it. I can't explain. I had $4000 and picked up an 05 LGT with 104k miles and all maintenance records for $3900. ONLY REASON I HAVE ONE. Or else it's not that great of a car. The interior on these cars aren't that bad, and exterior is more of a 2003 Camry especially the ones with wings. Only reason I love this car, it's an Underdog. I'm not being stubborn, I'm not being a child. I am just a guy on a budget. That's all.

I know you, asshole. You bought the car I wanted. Sell the ******* car and buy a honda or some other shitbox.

I'll give you $3900. Then you can buy a temporary car that doesn't cost a bunch of money to "be more fun".

I know you, asshole. You bought the car I wanted. Sell the ******* car and buy a honda or some other shitbox.

I'll give you $3900. Then you can buy a temporary car that doesn't cost a bunch of money to "be more fun".

So helpful in his other thread and so aggressive here!:lol:

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I ride stick well, let's just say the previous owner shot the...

I pulled and pushed it too and it was fine. [emoji39].

Had you pegged for a catcher. Perhaps a Chrysler T&C would serve you better.

So helpful in his other thread and so aggressive here!:lol:

Yeah, it took this thread to realize this was a car I was trying to get. The original owner sold it cheap. I missed out by a few minutes.

Then this idiot starts posting crazy questions over and over.

I searched crazy on the google and get all his threads. Go figure.

Archived