LegacyGT.com

Looking for lowering springs

I bought a 2013 Legacy 2.5i premium a while back... I am looking for lowering springs that I could buy to tighten up the suspension with minimum drop. I would like to run oe struts for now... I seem to find tons of options for the GT but not the 2.5i model...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything that'll work with the GT will also work with the 2.5i. I believe a couple people have paired RCE blacks with the OEM '13-'14 shocks (which have a little more damping ability than the '10-'12 units), and those will only net you about a 3/4" drop. I think there is (or was recently) a set in the classified section, could be worth a look.

What cww said and short of adding the 20mm rear sway bar (highly recommended) from the STI you have the best factory suspension for the 5th gen. The 13' got stiffer springs, stuts/shocks, bushings and larger sway bars than the 12-down cars.

Lots of people are happy with H&R (who have a 2.5i and GT specific spring vs the 3.6r), Swift, Eibach, and RCE. other than RCE at 0.8", Eibach has about a 1" drop followed by H&R at 1.3" and Swift wich I think is 1.6". Then there are coilovers....

Now I'm starting to second-guess myself- was it stock springs and Konis that some people are running, or aftermarket springs and stock shocks?

Either way, you'll probably want to consider ditching the stock shocks, they're one of the weaker points of the whole system.

Now I'm starting to second-guess myself- was it stock springs and Konis that some people are running, or aftermarket springs and stock shocks?

Either way, you'll probably want to consider ditching the stock shocks, they're one of the weaker points of the whole system.

if the OP just wants to stiffen suspension without drop, they could get the Konis and pair them with the stock 2013-14 springs.

Thanks for the input! I talked with Race Comp Engineering, they said the struts are under dampened for their springs... eibach does not even have a Legacy listed for their applications now. I am really just leaning towards the 20mm rear sway bar... maybe change out the end links... I would love to go Koni or bilstein route, but really need to stick with oe struts for now...

Thanks for the input! I talked with Race Comp Engineering, they said the struts are under dampened for their springs... eibach does not even have a Legacy listed for their applications now. I am really just leaning towards the 20mm rear sway bar... maybe change out the end links... I would love to go Koni or bilstein route, but really need to stick with oe struts for now...

Eibach still has the springs for $93

http://eibach.com/america/en/performance-suspension/closeout

scroll down to the bottom of that page. you have to call to place the order because if you purchase online you pay the full price.

If you want a massive drop, go for S Tech. But the most majority of people here don't recommend them due to bad drive feels. They feels harsh especially if you drive on a rough road (like Oregon area where interstate roads are pretty bad, especially after the salt and snow).

Go for RCE or Eibach. Or H tech.

I have been running Eibachs with KYB 13-14 replacements for a little over 7 days now. I think they complement each other very well. I also have the Megan Racing 22mm Rear Adj sway bar. For under $700 bucks I got everything needed so that I didn't have to separate my stock suspension. All new mounts, etc. Overall I am very satisfied with how the whole combo works with each other. The body roll has been almost completely eliminated and the car feels more planted in corners and more stable at highway speeds.

I have the same setup just about ready to be assembled, super excited to put it on. I'm on call next week which should gain me enough for the remaining parts. I'm usually on call once a month but haven't been since Christmas for some reason, so my parts buying has been slowed.

I have been running Eibachs with KYB 13-14 replacements for a little over 7 days now. I think they complement each other very well. I also have the Megan Racing 22mm Rear Adj sway bar. For under $700 bucks I got everything needed so that I didn't have to separate my stock suspension. All new mounts, etc. Overall I am very satisfied with how the whole combo works with each other. The body roll has been almost completely eliminated and the car feels more planted in corners and more stable at highway speeds.

Curious on how your ride feels?

Is it harsh on bumps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

No harshness. Ride is almost stock like but firmer in a good way. I'm happy I didn't go any lower. Gives it an almost OEM sport look.

Sounds about right with that setup. You say you are running on 13-14 kyb's but they only seem to sell 10-12 for a complete set. If you got the 13-14 rears do you know if they are stiffer than the 10-12's?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got the rce blacks with the bilstein shocks. Very comfy, just the right amount of bounce. Not to low and I don't have to worry about ruining my bumper upon parking.

Just a Damn shame you won't be able to replace those bilsteins unless you bought spares in advance.