LegacyGT.com

Looking for lowering springs

I got the rce blacks with the bilstein shocks. Very comfy, just the right amount of bounce. Not to low and I don't have to worry about ruining my bumper upon parking.

You don't want you suspension to "bounce". [emoji16]

Just a Damn shame you won't be able to replace those bilsteins unless you bought spares in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

They are rebuildable and lifetime warranty from Bilstein. You don't need a spare set.

• 2 years later...
So I’m super new here and I don’t wanna ruffle any feathers posting on something older. Not sure how y’all feel about that. So here it goes rather than start one asking the same old suspension stuff I’ll just post here. So I bought KYB G2 excels checked the spring rate and they are just a bit stiffer than 2013 OEM. I am pairing them with Eibach 7722.140s for a 1” drop. Now I keep hearing people talk about the rear sway bars and or front sway bars..... do you experts thing it would be worth it for me to upgrade those? What size are the stock sway bars? And lastly I would like to change out the brakes. From reading these threads I can use STI calipers and rotors I think calipers 08’+ and rotors 04’+? Maybe I have that backwards... thanks you guys are awesome. The Eibach were $276 but I found the link here to buy them for $96. 👍👍👍👊

So I’m super new here and I don’t wanna ruffle any feathers posting on something older. Not sure how y’all feel about that. So here it goes rather than start one asking the same old suspension stuff I’ll just post here. So I bought KYB G2 excels checked the spring rate and they are just a bit stiffer than 2013 OEM. I am pairing them with Eibach 7722.140s for a 1” drop. Now I keep hearing people talk about the rear sway bars and or front sway bars..... do you experts thing it would be worth it for me to upgrade those? What size are the stock sway bars? And lastly I would like to change out the brakes. From reading these threads I can use STI calipers and rotors I think calipers 08’+ and rotors 04’+? Maybe I have that backwards... thanks you guys are awesome. The Eibach were $276 but I found the link here to buy them for $96. 👍👍👍👊

MM-I just did the KYB and Eibach install this week and like it a lot. I had a Perrin 22mm adjustable put in before that. Changed the handling dynamics from understeer to neutral and I am glad I did that before the struts/springs - allowed me to appreciate what each change brings to the table. Highly recommend the RSB. I’ll be interested in your brake adventure since I just put on new rims and am seeing a lot more of my OE brakes, which work fine but are not in any way visually pleasing. If going big brakes, make sure they will clear your wheels. If you have OE rims they might not, per many wise postings here.

Do you have a 2.5i, 3.6R, or GT?

The rear sway bar is 100% worth it and can be had for cheap. Look for any rear bar from a WRX or STI of the same year and it'll fit. Check with us if you're not sure.

Where in AZ are you?

I would just do the 20mm rear sway bar from an 2015 up WRX or STI (same part #) to replace the 16mm factory rear sway bar. The 2013 got a 26mm front sway bar which one of the popular upgrade for the 2010-2012 which came with a 23mm sway bar.

Do you have a 2.5i, 3.6R, or GT?

The rear sway bar is 100% worth it and can be had for cheap. Look for any rear bar from a WRX or STI of the same year and it'll fit. Check with us if you're not sure.

Where in AZ are you?

I have the 2.5i and I live in Tucson!

definitely do the rear swaybar - it makes a big difference (as does changing the front for those of us with a pre-13 suspension!). If you are looking at upgrading the brakes for performance, you can make substantial improvements in stopping power with better pads and tires for a whole lot less than STi calipers, etc. (and tires... braking is always limited by how well the tires grip the pavement!)

That's weird - what exactly is getting loose? the calipers are floating - if the pads are getting loose in the bracket, then you'd just need a new bracket. You shouldn't have knockback issues with a floating caliper - are you using OEM or aftermarket pads?

That's weird - what exactly is getting loose? the calipers are floating - if the pads are getting loose in the bracket, then you'd just need a new bracket. You shouldn't have knockback issues with a floating caliper - are you using OEM or aftermarket pads?

OEM everything. The pins have play or the bracket I’m not sure subaru explained it to me a while ago but I just dealt with the noise over every bump. My dealer has the STI calipers for $799 a piece and I get a 50% discount that’s why I said $400 I may as well try for the upgrades lol.

My dealer has the STI calipers for $799 a piece and I get a 50% discount that’s why I said $400 I may as well try for the upgrades lol.

50% is good deal. I wish I could find OEM parts that cheap.. You need two of them plus rotors, pads and 18” rims that clear STI caliper.

STI brakes are overkill on a 2.5i. You really need to be going above the speed limit or lots of hard braking like racing for STI brakes to shine. Quite a few owners have done swaps and find 60-0 distances similar before and after.

So my issue with brakes is actually the knocking noise from the front calipers. They loosen over time and subaru has made an upgraded part to fix it but I can’t see spending $400 for them if I could get STI calipers for same price.

Once you go black (08-up STI calipers), you'll never go back