LegacyGT.com

2018 Subaru Legacy

So I'll probably be buying one.... (FACE PALM). Who else is with me...? Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to stop buying the same car over and over again. You know this is a game you are not going to win. :)

All of these changes should of been implemented 10 years ago.

And FINALLY led DRLs!!!!!!!

Edited by TTG

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current nameless may fit but it will probably look weird since the tip on this new one appears to be oval versus the old round tips. Definitely like the old bumper better.

Also, it appears that there is no cutout for a dual exhaust on the passenger side anymore so there goes upgrading the 2.5i to a dual exhaust...

I'm going to venture a guess that the black "grill" at the bottom of the bumper pops out and can be replaced with one that accommodates exhaust, i.e. a left and version with a hole, and a right version that comes solid, or with a hole for the 3.6.

I agree with everyone regarding the head unit. I would definitely pay to upgrade or swap. It's not a new model redesign so I am sure the actual din size is the same. If there's a need to swap pins in the plugs I'm willing to do it. I agree that is the better option than replacing with an aftermarket. Whether I get it from Subaru or flea-Bay it doesn't matter to me. I am patient enough to wait as I have waited this long. I don't need a newer model of the car I currently drive. I am happy with my purchase and plan to drive it till it dies. The head unit is the only upgrade I really would like to have otherwise.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Very nice. I love the safety and tech which is why I'm going to get a legacy. I wish they'd trash the old tech gauges and go with a fully configurable TFT cluster befitting a high tech 2018 vehicle. One setting could allow the old fashioned look of 100 year old round dials while another setting could allow a fully modern, digital F1 appearance. Similarly, many of us like push button start and smart entry because keys are so 100 years ago. My S60 lease is up in 1.5 years and the new Legacy and '15 Genesis AWD are on my short list.

I don't know how to explain it but am I the only one who's thinking about how to get my hands on the tune upgrade that they're doing to the engine management system for the 2018 model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking hard at this, and the new 18 Crosstrek Limited is on the short list waiting to see what they look like behind that. I'm about 75% sure I'll end up with an 18 3.6R after driving the 17 Impreza Sport, yeah it's more fun to drive, but I drive 65 miles to work, the Legacy Has a better ride, quieter, more creature comforts, and more comfortable.

I hate getting old, I know I can afford something sporty: Camaro SS, GTI, BRZ, Focus ST, WRX, etc.... But I keep thinking about if it would be comfortable for that long drive.

I hate getting old, .... But I keep thinking about if it would be comfortable for that long drive.

I know where you are coming from :lol:

I bought my 2016 3.6R and don't regret it ....... but IMHO "comfort" is not one of the biggest selling points of this car. Like I say, I'm happy with it, and all things being equal, I will more than likely stick with Subaru in the future, but I sure hope the design engineers come up with better seats, so that your 65 mile drive to work gives you that comfort level you want.

I know where you are coming from :lol:

I bought my 2016 3.6R and don't regret it ....... but IMHO "comfort" is not one of the biggest selling points of this car. Like I say, I'm happy with it, and all things being equal, I will more than likely stick with Subaru in the future, but I sure hope the design engineers come up with better seats, so that your 65 mile drive to work gives you that comfort level you want.

I've caught myself looking at the 18 Camry a few times, because I know it would be well built, and would hold it's resale value...... it's........ practical.

I really don't understand the uncomfortable seat complaints. The premise is completely objectionable and one person's uncomfortable seat is another's dream seat. Stating they are uncomfortable is akin to saying cheese burgers don't taste good, it's a useless piece of information that helps nobody. Until everyone tastes the burger they will never know.

Here's a fun fact. I have the leather seats and think they are perfectly comfortable. Fully adjustable in ten ways, plush enough for long trips but firm enough I don't feel like I'm in a bean bag chair and the seat heaters do a wonderful job, toasting my buns when wanted or just keeping them warm.

And that, folks, is about as valid as saying they suck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like the legacy seats also (Limited), and they are 1000% better than the premium WRX seats I left behind (those required lumbar support to be passable, so I added it).

Seat comfort is pretty subject to personal interpretation, I guess you can please some of the people, all of the time, all of the people, some of the time, but never all of the people, all of the time.

I venture the same subjective complaints can be found on every car forum, maybe some people even loved the WRX premium seats (zero lumbar support, no kidding).

I really don't understand the uncomfortable seat complaints. The premise is completely objectionable and one person's uncomfortable seat is another's dream seat. Stating they are uncomfortable is akin to saying cheese burgers don't taste good, it's a useless piece of information that helps nobody. Until everyone tastes the burger they will never know.

Here's a fun fact. I have the leather seats and think they are perfectly comfortable. Fully adjustable in ten ways, plush enough for long trips but firm enough I don't feel like I'm in a bean bag chair and the seat heaters do a wonderful job, toasting my buns when wanted or just keeping them warm.

And that, folks, is about as valid as saying they suck.

I think one of the issues is with the manual seats. There is no pivoting ability, and they do tend to be in a position where you have more of a tilted upright position, like you're sitting on a chair at the dining room table, vs a La-Z-Boy, which is what you may normally be used to in a car that is very low to the ground. This car being AWD has a touch of that captains chair feel, so I can see why some would complain. I personally like it, because I'm used to driving my old Suburban. But compared to my wife's older Corolla, it definitely has a different feel.

I like the legacy seats also (Limited), and they are 1000% better than the premium WRX seats I left behind (those required lumbar support to be passable, so I added it).

Seat comfort is pretty subject to personal interpretation, I guess you can please some of the people, all of the time, all of the people, some of the time, but never all of the people, all of the time.

I venture the same subjective complaints can be found on every car forum, maybe some people even loved the WRX premium seats (zero lumbar support, no kidding).

you are right, its totally subjective. i can sit in wrx or brz seats all day and be comfortable while crosstrek and legacy seats kill me. im fairly tall and have a bad disc in my back, any lumbar support pressing into my back pinches a nerve and causes all sorts of issues.

Here's a fun fact. I have the leather seats and think they are perfectly comfortable. Fully adjustable in ten ways, plush enough for long trips but firm enough I don't feel like I'm in a bean bag chair

As one of the "seat complainers" I have to admit you are completely correct because as you rightly say, the comfort level is an individual preference thing. My problem is that I actually wanted "the bean bag" effect and that was obviously an unrealistic desire. I have previously owned a classic old V8 Ford which allowed me to disappear into the seat, and as a result I am comparing the Subaru seats unfairly to that. I reiterate that the Subaru seats are not "terrible" (and the leather is certainly softening up the longer I drive it) but I do pine for the old Ford "bean bags." :lol:

P.S. I do like cheese burgers.

I also am a seat complainer and I think they SUCK and $2 leather they use on the seats and are like rocks and yes crappy hamburg makes a cheeseburger taste like sh!t Here's a fun fact opinions are like armpits, THEY ALL STINK!!!!!

It'll be between this and an '18 WRX. What I like about the Legacy:

• Not boy racer.
  • Center stack is clean.
  • The LED headlights (same as my Foz). They're good but I find I need to leave them in Auto-High Beam mode to see well on twisty/hilly backroads.
  • Apple CarPlay.
  • Rear heated seats for the kids.
  • Stitching on the dash
  • Dual USB ports in the rear - again for the kids.

Hopefully the retuned ECU deals with some of the complaints I've read about here. I wish it had SI Drive. Also hoping the retuned suspension reduces body roll without increased harshness. Not thrilled that the 3.6R will get the high-gloss black dash trim - it's a fingerprint magnet that shows light scratches... I'll miss the heated steering wheel if it in fact doesn't have that option - it's one of those things that was a "meh" feature when I read about it but that I absolutely love in the cold weather.