LegacyGT.com

2018 Subaru Legacy

I really really really wish the 3.6 was an option through all the trims. I'd be all over a 3.6 premium, but I don't want to spend the money or care to have most of the features of the limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea....I dunno, the bottom of the line Ford Fusion compares to the bottom of the line Legacy and they both have 175hp. I just wish that Subaru took the "power road" and gave a bit more for the entry level. That is all I am saying.

Entry level models:

The 2.5 Altima has 179 hp.

Passat has 170 hp.

Camry has 178 hp.

Edited by theGeneral

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea....I dunno, the bottom of the line Ford Fusion compares to the bottom of the line Legacy and they both have 175hp. I just wish that Subaru took the "power road" and gave a bit more for the entry level. That is all I am saying.

Entry level models:

Passat has 170 hp.

Camry has 178 hp.

I see what you are saying. A little more power on the 2.5 and the option of 3.6 without taking the limited would both be phenomenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I've some bad news for all of us hoping to upgrade our head units to the 2018's:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc.

Unfortunately, the new head units are not able to be retro-fitted into previous models.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Amber Anglin

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Retailer Services Department

1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)

Service Request Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

-----

I just sent a reply asking if she could post an inquiry to whichever department writes the code if the new head unit's software could be loaded onto the older head units, and suggested that if Subaru could find a way to retroactively add CarPlay/Android Auto functionality to cars that didn't come with it natively, that it'd be a hell of a press coup for Subaru.

I'm sure that with some patience and ingenuity someone can retrofit a head unit of the same type meaning one with navigation to a previous model with navigation and so on. Sure it might mean swapping pins, plugs or splicing wires but it's not impossible. I've seen people do this with head units from Lexus to Honda and so on so it could be done. I may take a whack at it if I can find a head unit for the right price. In the end I have navigation and am happy with the setup I have and yet I still find myself using Waze and Google Maps on my phone, go figure.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

First few reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8G5EDul4_o

Actually there's a ton of stuff on there.

Not 100% sure on the styling of the front headlights, though the DRL/parkers look a ton brighter.

I think the biggest changes are the head unit and interior trims. Not going to ever enough to tempt me to upgrade but should be enough to entice a new car buyer.

The only people who are going to notice the difference between the 2018 and the current models are enthusiasts who frequent sites like this.

Driving down the road most people are going to notice nothing special, maybe think it is a Camry or Hyundai, or not notice it at all.

Let's see what they do for the complete redesign, guessing Direct Injection, major styling changes, etc.

Assuming no mechanical/electrical/Eyesight warranty issues during my three year lease, I will probably keep it old school and keep what I have vs moving to the next gen. Maybe as a reward I will add the rear lip on the trunk...$100-150 plastic glued on, radically transform the looks...

Coming up on 6 months and I am 1,000 miles under my lease mileage, so I may have ~30,000 on my 36,000 mile lease at the end, which makes it even easier to decide on keeping it, it will be just broken in (for a Subaru)

Edited by upstater

Rear Bumper could have the Nice Rectangle Chrome Trim or Rectangle Exhaust Tips to help Blend it a Bit..Then I think it would look better.[emoji15] [emoji36]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I agree. They should have made it the same as the B4. That's a nice looking rear bumper!

I'm sure that with some patience and ingenuity someone can retrofit a head unit of the same type meaning one with navigation to a previous model with navigation and so on. Sure it might mean swapping pins, plugs or splicing wires but it's not impossible. I've seen people do this with head units from Lexus to Honda and so on so it could be done. I may take a whack at it if I can find a head unit for the right price. In the end I have navigation and am happy with the setup I have and yet I still find myself using Waze and Google Maps on my phone, go figure.

Well, the reply I got back concerning the "could you please forward this message to whomever programs the head units" was:

"I will document your feedback and pass it along to our product management team for further review. Past input from our customers has been helpful in initiating changes to our newer models. The most valued opinion of any business is that of its customers. Your comments are valuable to us in that they provide us with a clear picture of our products as seen by our owners."

I guess time will tell. vOv

Car manufacturers are primarily concerned about selling new cars. After all that's their business. Helping current owners upgrade their cars so they don't have to buy the new one does not help them sell new ones and if anything will delay peoples time to upgrade.

So for sure they'll include the feature in the new car but try and make it hard for you to retrofit it to an older model. Case in point the little windows in the mirror housing to allow you to see the turn indicator. To retrofit this requires a complete new mirror housing.

So if they can make it difficult to retrofit the head unit then they will. Likely the fascia will have to be changed also.

Most of my driving is long distance and yes I do find the seats uncomfortable. My 04 4Runner was more comfortable. I find that on a trip of a few hours or longer I have to take my wallet out of my back pocket.

On the other hand I am impressed with the leather on the seats. After 73k the seats look new, conversely my daughters Mazda 3 has 20k on it and the leather looks like 100k! And here arse is much smaller than mine!

Have to admit here that I don't know what you guys are talking about regarding the seats being uncomfortable.

The seats on my 2013 Leggy are quite comfortable. More so than in several other make cars I have owned.

Maybe it has something to do with body type?

Fitting a tow bar is going to make a mess of that rear bumper. :icon_frow

Nice to see they carried over the imitation black carbon fibre trim from the 2016 Liberty 3.6R. :) Edit: Just saw a different photo & in that photo it doesn’t look as nice as the blacker carbon fibre finish in the 2016. :icon_frow

Edited by XT-sub
Correction.

Entry level models:

Passat has 170 hp.

Camry has 178 hp.

In the 80's that would have been top level models power. However many cars were lighter then compared to now so the acceleration was better.

But I would like more torque at the low/mid, that's more useful on a daily driver.

453747.png

@Fraugher - agreed! It's one of my favorite things on my FXT.

I really wish/hope that the new 3.6R revisions to the driving experience make it a car that a WRX owner can grow into. On paper it's as fast as my '04 XT which was quick enough for me these days.

I'm going to the Cleveland auto show next week so if it's there I'll be sure to get some pics

Pics would be great. Can you also do me favor ..... if you see one, can you check out the new Kia Stinger and the 2018 Camry, they are both interesting looking vehicles from the still pictures I've seen.

Does anyone happen to know when the 2018s will go on sale? Exactly when in Summer? My lease is up in mid-June and would love to get the new Legacy around that time. :)

It will probably be around then, I am on a list for my dealer so when the first day of ordering opens up I can fill out my order.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I love my Legacy and Subaru, but Subaru isn't in my future. The 3.6R is underpowered compared to a Q50. There's no GT or manual. An STi is only an improvement in power. As far add I'm concerned. Interior amenities, comfort and space are lacking. 2018 Legacy will not be gracing my garage/driveway/parking spot.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I love my Legacy and Subaru, but Subaru isn't in my future. The 3.6R is underpowered compared to a Q50. There's no GT or manual. An STi is only an improvement in power. As far add I'm concerned. Interior amenities, comfort and space are lacking. 2018 Legacy will not be gracing my garage/driveway/parking spot.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

And a Q50 is underpowered compared to a Ferrari, gonna buy one of those?

I'm happy you've arrived at a place you are comfortable with in cars and can I assume since you'll not be obtaining another Subaru that you'll be leaving the forums and taking your Subaru disdain with you?:spin: