LegacyGT.com

2018 Subaru Legacy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics would be great. Can you also do me favor ..... if you see one, can you check out the new Kia Stinger and the 2018 Camry, they are both interesting looking vehicles from the still pictures I've seen.

Saw the Camry at Detroit, it was kinda meh. Had quad exhaust which seems kinda excessive for a Camry:lol:

The Stinger is niiice, my dad is set on buying one as he no longer needs an SUV and wants something sporty. Plus he sells Kias now so he feels obligated to buy one lol.

Saw the Camry at Detroit, it was kinda meh. Had quad exhaust which seems kinda excessive for a Camry:lol:

The Stinger is niiice

Thanks for that, ..... pretty much what I thought as well. I think the Stinger looks promising .... apart from the grille that is.

Cool. How do I go about in putting my name on the list? Thanks.

Call the dealer of your choice, let them know you are interested in the 2018 legacy and that you would like to order one when they become available. That's all I did and they told me I am on the ordering list and they will let me know when I can order one.

Call the dealer of your choice, let them know you are interested in the 2018 legacy and that you would like to order one when they become available. That's all I did and they told me I am on the ordering list and they will let me know when I can order one.

Got it. Thanks!

Another question: It may sound pretty obvious but would you say it'd be harder to negotiate for a 2018? I'd be willing to wait until the end of the month (whenever that may be). I know dealers are under pressure to meet their quota around that time. But then it's not like they'd be in a hurry to move them when they still have 2017s on the lot.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that, ..... pretty much what I thought as well. I think the Stinger looks promising .... apart from the grille that is.

I haven't seen the Stinger in person but to me, the interior doesn't seem to quite live up to the exterior design. Definitely has the Audi-esque influence thanks to Peter Schreyer though.

A couple of things would've made it better in my opinion:

-Flat bottom steering wheel: It's ironic since their less sporty models (Optima, Hyundai Elantra Sport, Ioniq :eek:) even have it.

-Thinner bezel for the infotainment screen for more premium look

Maybe they'll make some changes to the production models.

Got it. Thanks!

Another question: It may sound pretty obvious but would you say it'd be harder to negotiate for a 2018? I'd be willing to wait until the end of the month (whenever that may be). I know dealers are under pressure to meet their quota around that time. But then it's not like they'd be in a hurry to move them when they still have 2017s on the lot.

Thanks again.

I was able to get to below invoice on my 2017 Forester that I preordered when they were still clearing out 2016s. Subaru doesn't typically over-produce like many of the bigger makes do so there's usually not a ton of inventory to clear out. They started the 2017 Legacy incentives at least a month ago and the 2018s won't be here for at least another 3-4 months.

You should be able to get with a couple of % of invoice on your 2018 no matter when you order it.

I was able to get to below invoice on my 2017 Forester that I preordered when they were still clearing out 2016s. Subaru doesn't typically over-produce like many of the bigger makes do so there's usually not a ton of inventory to clear out. They started the 2017 Legacy incentives at least a month ago and the 2018s won't be here for at least another 3-4 months.

You should be able to get with a couple of % of invoice on your 2018 no matter when you order it.

Cool. That's good to know.

Also, did you use the Subaru VIP program or you just negotiated?

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but it looks like the Subaru lineup with get special editions for the 2018 model year. I am wondering what they will do, and look forward to seeing the 2018 Legacy Special Edition (hopefully) http://www.media.subaru.com/pressrelease/1084/1/subaru-america-announces-50th-anniversary-celebration-year

Sounds like they're just trying to push the 2017s.

No doubt. Sales are down and SIA thinks it's because people are waiting on the next gen. The refresh is poop and offers squat over the last two years, for all practical purposes. Especially in the interior.

I don't mind, when I bought my car I fully intended to keep it at least until it's paid off. I don't lease and I don't swap cars around every couple of years. I like my car just like it is and want for nothing else.

Well, unless they come out with an STI Legacy with big HP force fed engine. :spin:

No doubt. Sales are down and SIA thinks it's because people are waiting on the next gen. The refresh is poop and offers squat over the last two years, for all practical purposes. Especially in the interior.

I don't mind, when I bought my car I fully intended to keep it at least until it's paid off. I don't lease and I don't swap cars around every couple of years. I like my car just like it is and want for nothing else.

Well, unless they come out with an STI Legacy with big HP force fed engine. :spin:

I beg to differ. I think the refresh brings pretty significant updates. I actually think the interior has improved aesthetically with stitching on the dash. Plus, I like the new steering wheel better than the previous one. And the bigger screen looks great.

Also, one of the requirements for my next car is Apple Carplay. I was actually leaning toward the Accord for that reason but now that it'll be offered on the Legacy, this changes things. Plus, it sounds like the headunit will come with a faster processor. The headunit in my Crosstrek is painfully slow!

I think the changes for the refresh is enough for it to stay competitive. Of course, it could use more HP but I think the power is sufficient. To each their own.

Edited by elevationair82

In the 80's that would have been top level models power. However many cars were lighter then compared to now so the acceleration was better.

But I would like more torque at the low/mid, that's more useful on a daily driver.

LOL Oh I know that! I am in my 50s, my first car was a 1977 Audi Fox I think it had 80hp! And it was a pretty fast car for a HS kid to own. :lol:

I'll say this: If someone is in the market for a Legacy, now seems like a good time to buy. Dealers are willing to negotiate to move inventory, and at least in the Midwest Subaru is offering 0% for 63 months and 2 years free maintenance on the Legacy. Like you said, I don't see much reason to wait for a 2018 unless one really wants Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

• 2 weeks later...
So I gotta ask, seem like from this article the current models (2017) should receive an update with Android Auto/Apple Carplay.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/06/subaru-starlink-infotainment-update-2017/

It makes sense that they could if the '17 Impreza has it...

Thoughts on this actually happening????

"The new Starlink apps are available on 2017 Imprezas as well as 2016 and 2017 BRZ models, and they'll show up on other Subaru models soon."

Soon meaning future years. For the Legacy that's 2018. The new impreza and BRZ have a completely different head units.

Our cars are not getting Apple Carplay or Android Auto. The 2018 has the new head unit from the impreza and therefore will have both.

Not to beat a dead horse but 2015 and later model's head units hardware are capable of carplay and Android auto via a reflash/reprogram but it's not in Subaru's best interest to do so. The fact that you plug in your device via usb and mirrorlink will communicate with it is confirmation that it is capable and can be done. A software developer/coder can download the firmware from an existing Subaru and flash it to a 2015-2017 and tweak it accordingly but no one's willing to take on the task unless they are doing it for themselves or there is a good amount of $$$$ involved. I know there are developers over at XDA that can accomplish this.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

... 2015 and later model's head units hardware are capable of carplay and Android auto via a reflash/reprogram ...

CarPlay requires an Apple-proprietary "identity module" embedded in the head unit. Can you provide any objective evidence that the necessary hardware is already present in the 2015-2017 Legacy/Outback head units?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The 2018 Legacy page on Subaru website confirms that its getting the Apple Carplay and Android Auto

http://www.subaru.com/2018-legacy.html

That's exactly what I said, "our cars" meaning currently owned 2015-17 aren't, 2018+ are:p

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but it looks like the Subaru lineup with get special editions for the 2018 model year. I am wondering what they will do, and look forward to seeing the 2018 Legacy Special Edition (hopefully) http://www.media.subaru.com/pressrelease/1084/1/subaru-america-announces-50th-anniversary-celebration-year

That link doesn't work for me.