LegacyGT.com

I need help please!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated Too

yep. We tried to help... now it's just time to sit back and wait for the inevitable. :munch:

The five stages - denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance and on page 4 of the thread we are still on the first stage!

Guys, guys, give me 2 weeks. I'll keep you guys posted of what's happening. Either this sticky is gonna be over with me blowing my motor or I'm gonna start selling all my parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, guys, give me 2 weeks. I'll keep you guys posted of what's happening. Either this sticky is gonna be over with me blowing my motor or I'm gonna start selling all my parts.

So... it is dickered and you just don't want to tell us?

I'm so confused as to what's happening here. My dipstick doesn't even remotely stick/seal into the tube, and it's never shot out of there, even when I had a melted piston.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay it's been a while now and everything is fine. Back to bone stock. Everything is perfect for now. But as me and my friends know, "everything that can go wrong, will". Car runs totally fine no issues with motor. Now to move on to why my ******* shifter has so much play.

Also forgot to mention I changed the pcv valve and all the breather hoses cause they were like plastic and grimy. So I guess everything worked out ;)

The pcv wasn't fully clogged when I sucked on it but it was very tight and hard to open compared to the new one I had bought.

Also forgot to mention I changed the pcv valve and all the breather hoses cause they were like plastic and grimy. So I guess everything worked out ;)

The pcv wasn't fully clogged when I sucked on it but it was very tight and hard to open compared to the new one I had bought.

If you had that much in your PCV system, it sounds like you have a more serious problem or the car has not been properly maintained. My dipstick is very loose as well(like a hotdog down a hallway if you will) and it does not come flying out. I'm guessing you have really high crank case pressure.

I would recheck compression. You should see over 125PSI in each cylinder with the engine cold. With it hot, you should be in the 140-160psi. This is with the engine cranking at 350RPM and holding the throttle wide open. You should see no more than 10% difference between all cylinders.

At the same time, a leakdown test would be good. You should see less than 10% leakage. If you hear air coming out of the intake, that would indicate bad intake valves. If you hear air coming out of the tailpipe, that would indicate bad exhaust valves. If you hear air coming out of the oil fill cap or breather(which I'm hazard to guess you will), that indicates a piston/ring problem.

Archived