LegacyGT.com

I need help please!!!!

Subbed for carnage. :lol:

OP: Take your car to a shop that regularly deals with modified Subarus. and get a compression/leakdown test done along with a PCV inspection. If the dipstick is popping out the cam seals will be next and that can be expensive, assuming your compression is actually fine.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turns out It was the PCV valve guys. I got it all taken care of. I was scared it might me from my dp cause this happened not even a week ago and I had just installed the dp. Well back to stock for now. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tune your car. Heck an e-tune is a couple hundred bucks. It might have been minor now, but all the doom and gloom in this thread is not for no reason. Glad it worked out for you this time. Good luck. Welcome to LGT.com!

Edit:

Well back to stock for now.

:iam:

Turns out It was the PCV valve guys. I got it all taken care of. I was scared it might me from my dp cause this happened not even a week ago and I had just installed the dp. Well back to stock for now. Thanks guys

Yer still missing the point. Any non-stock mods to the engine, intake, exhaust requires a tune.

Accessport is not required. It's just a nice fancy toy. If you want a bunch of go fast parts and you don't have a lot of extra cash, pay a tuner to road tune or e-tune your car (there are several vendors on this site that we can happily recommend. Where's Max? I wonder if he has any good ideas). The tuner will just use his own laptop and software to do the job. You can then either just run it like ya brung it or you can get a tactrix for $125ish or a vag-com for ridiculously cheap. The vag-com solution is a bit sketchy. Tactrix is pretty reliable but still has minor potential to eat your ecu. Accessport is the best (read most expensive solution).

But you can log with a bluetooth OBDII and a phone if you had to or you can even go really ghetto and skip the logging altogether. But you cannot put those parts on without a tune. Good luck my friend.

Okay so I'm kind of back where i started at this point. Car has been fine last couple of days after repairs no oil leaks. As I'm entering freeway ramp today I smell oil and pull over and see dipstick is out again. I started the car out my finger in dipstick hole and there is vacuum. It did stop smoking in the morning and stuff but now this. I also forgot to add that the first time this happened when it did it was randomly out of nowhere, I wasn't even going hard on the car just 80mph cruising. I always keep a scanner plugged in and when it gave me a P0021 code while driving that's when I noticed the dipstick out the first time. I thought it was my timing belt stretching or something because it is about time. But that turned out to be the variable valve timing because of the loss of oil. Guys any other guesses besides bad rings? As I've said before, no power loss, no compression loss. ITS JUST THE STUPID DIPSTICK. And honestly I won't lie my dipstick is pretty flimsy like it's all loose and pulls out fairly easy. Please let me know. Thanks for the help guys

We figured the code was from the oil loss because the variable timing works on oil pressure and when I towed it to the mechanic shop only half a quart came out and the whole under tray of the car was oil

• I Donated Too

*If* it's not a cracked ringland then as someone else mentioned you need to carefully go over the PCV system. I am very familiar with how the car can chug all it's oil out of the engine from the dipstick, it's very efficient at doing that when the PCV is blocked. The other thing it might try and do is blow the piston rings out of place on the Turbo shaft and allow oil into the downpipe which if you have a cat in the downpipe will give you lots of additional problems. Getting into boost will re-seat the piston rings on the turbo but again it can shift a LOT of oil this way and lots of boost in your state won't help things. That o ring on the dipstick can be replaced for a couple of bucks from Subaru but right now I would leave it as it's better to allow an easy escape than allow the car to build up more crankcase pressure.

Did this car really pass a compression test? What are the numbers?

In order for us to give you our best recommendation you really need to post those compression test numbers. Without those we are somewhat shooting in the dark saying that it's the PCV or a related system

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• I Donated Too

For reference... 806908080 is the part # for the o-ring on the dipstick - Even without any discounts it's a whopping $1.70 and it's GENUINE JDM goodness made by elves. Guaranteed to add 15hp.

but having it pop up as an early bypass right now is better than it putting more pressure on the other seals which aren't so easy to deal with.

Okay so I'm kind of back where i started at this point. Car has been fine last couple of days after repairs no oil leaks. As I'm entering freeway ramp today I smell oil and pull over and see dipstick is out again. I started the car out my finger in dipstick hole and there is vacuum. It did stop smoking in the morning and stuff but now this. I also forgot to add that the first time this happened when it did it was randomly out of nowhere, I wasn't even going hard on the car just 80mph cruising. I always keep a scanner plugged in and when it gave me a P0021 code while driving that's when I noticed the dipstick out the first time. I thought it was my timing belt stretching or something because it is about time. But that turned out to be the variable valve timing because of the loss of oil. Guys any other guesses besides bad rings? As I've said before, no power loss, no compression loss. ITS JUST THE STUPID DIPSTICK. And honestly I won't lie my dipstick is pretty flimsy like it's all loose and pulls out fairly easy. Please let me know. Thanks for the help guys

So much fail in one post!! Too bad Tris aint here!

As others have said, you have more than likely killed the engine. You see all cars have blow by, piston rings will never seal 100% to the cylinder walls. That is why the pcv is there, to alleviate the crankcase pressure. As others have said if your pcv has not fixed it you have bigger problems, the amount of blow by compression on a good engine is not enough to pop the dipstick. the more you drive this vehicle the more seals it is going to pop out. . The ring lands on the stock pistons fail under stock power levels, so thinking that this is anything but is rather naive.

As others have said your primary school mechanics are not cutting the shit. these cars will routinely pass compression tests with numbers borderline ok with blown ring lands. I say this from experience as a technician #1 and #2 as a guy who had ringland failure in my past, i passed my compression tests, that i performed, 4 times for a cylinder 4 misfire before i finally found cylinder 4 was leaking 60% past the piston rings.. You will not find a better source of information for these cars, BUT you must be willing to listen to what these guys say, and not retort immediately discrediting what they say. You are obviously still young, so listen to them.

I am now gone for another year.

F these idiots. I have a legitimate racing dipstick. It holds against a 7k rpm motor for hours at a time. As it was CNC'ed from virgin billet, it's a bit spendy. However, I have to make another anyway, so I'll let it go for cheap - $100 + s/h + pp.

PM me and I'll send you pics and my pp addy.

Guys I've already put about 5-600 miles on it. The dipstick won't shoot until I'm running the car at 6k rpm. (Yeah I really push this thing, a lot of g35's and g37's where I live and I like to put them in their place and show them that my "Camry" is just as fast)

Archived