LegacyGT.com

Worst 2015 Legacy

So my car sucks, in the first few months, they had to replace transmission, rear differential, axle.. terrible experience. Now i bring the car in for 2 recalls and another new axle also with starting problems. I dropped the car off December 16th midday. On Thursday December 22nd around 4 pm i was told the car was ready i couldnt make it so I said id pick up in morning December 23rd. Get the call before I go car wont start dont come. Ok fine Christmas weekend cool. December 26,27,28,29 car has electrical problems(remote start installed by them), they have to do a parasitic draw test?(does it take multiple days?)

Today December, 30th

Car needs a new ignition? Or something he said it was just 2 bolts underneath the car and they have to reinstall the remote start also. So the car is still not ready.

NEVER AGAIN SUBARU

Great post. Why not just talk to SOA and get a new one so you can see the difference between a lemon and the car as it should be. Your one instance isn't the case for 99% of others on here.

If I were you I would have managed to turn this situation into something positive by getting a new car plus a fair amount of compensation for hassle, not posting on a forum.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I bought the car new. It has about 32500 miles, SOA has done nothing for me then i have I guess the manager of my dealer telling me im coming at him...its a joke I just want to be done with this car ill be trading it in around spring I dont wanna waste my time im just trying to warn others who are in the market for a New car. I had 2 acuras previously(leased) never had a problem. Disgusted about the whole situation.

Oh and I just got a text about it being the starter so they ordering a new one he said it should be in tommorow, but when I was waiting for axle they told me they only get subaru parts tues weds thursday

What a joke

Every brand can have bad batch in their production line. yours might be one of those few. But Generally speaking, Subaru dealers are pain to work with. There are only handful service locations in regions other than upper north and most of them are rookies or just lazy bastards. I find that most of the times, Accura or Lexus dealers are nicer to work with but they are more premium brand than the Subaru though I'd take Subaru anyday between Accura and Lexus.

I had to go read all 46 of your posts, you've certainly had some trouble. I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with your car, it's not typical. I also must say, your dealer seems to be staffed with idiots.

I bet with your mileage and since it's still under warranty, with the issues you've had, if you raised enough hell with SOA they may replace the car. I imagine you'd have no trouble with a replacement.

Subaru makes a good car, but the 2015s being first year of the new model has had more issues than Subaru's typically have. They have gotten average reliability ratings, but the 16s and newer have done better. I've had my car to the dealer about 25 times in 28 months. Nothing as major as you've had. Lots of issues with the head unit for example. Speak to SOA and request a free extended warranty. I got the best one they offer for free.

Subaru makes a good car, but the 2015s being first year of the new model has had more issues than Subaru's typically have. They have gotten average reliability ratings, but the 16s and newer have done better. I've had my car to the dealer about 25 times in 28 months. Nothing as major as you've had. Lots of issues with the head unit for example. Speak to SOA and request a free extended warranty. I got the best one they offer for free.

My 15 has only been back for the usual recalls and TBS s...

Only issue I have had with my 15 so far is the fuel door wouldn't open easily when I first got it and apparently my windshield shattered due to an issue that impacted multiple Subaru's, so I was reimbursed for that.

Only complaint I have right now is that I've had 2-3 times over the last year where my eyesight will continuously turn itself on / off over a 30 minute period and then go back to normal. When I've brought this up with the dealer, they said I should have the eyesight re-calibrated due to the replacement windshield...but of course that is on me and isn't covered even though its a direct result of the Subaru windshield issue. I'll eventually complain to SOA and see if I can get them to get it handled, but I haven't got around to it just yet.

I was so in love with the Legacy after test driving it compared to cars like the Optima and Fusion that I didn't even think about the 15 being the first year of a generation. Luckily, *knock on wood* I haven't really encountered anything major save for the wind noise and side view mirror TSB s perhaps. Ironically the 15s were not affected by that big recall some time ago but the next time I'll probably wait a year I to the new gen. 2020 Legacy maybe? :)

I am sorry to hear you are having such a horrible time with your 2015 Legacy. I have a 2015 Legacy and only little things that could go wrong on every car are coming up...nothing like the lemon you got. It is just your random happenstance that you got the wrong specific car.

I am sorry to hear you are having such a horrible time with your 2015 Legacy. I have a 2015 Legacy and only little things that could go wrong on every car are coming up...nothing like the lemon you got. It is just your random happenstance that you got the wrong specific car.

I bought a 15' 3.6 R and I regret it everyday. This car is HORRIBLE. I wish I had kept my 2006 Legacy 2.5 Limited.. This car is ALL over the road, and forget it on the highway. I love to drive, but this car turns me into a nervous wreck just keeping it in the lane. The wind noise is unbearable and the mystery a/c noise which my dealer basically called me crazy and belittled me over is ... I'm at a loss for words.. Already started my claim with SOA.. Let the games begin.

Its Island auto group toyota/subaru service center in SI NY...stay away!

It was worse before they took over. This is the same place that always tell me that they can't find anything or replicate the issues I described. But they will bend over backwards for you to give them a good review on their surveys. I am looking for another center as well maybe Jersey City or Old Bridge?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It matters to me that I get my car back as quickly as possible, yes. My anxiety and OCD renders me nearly useless until I'm back in my own car. I always wait on service and nearly lost my mind when I had to drive away and leave it at the body shop. Having a loaner actually makes it worse. One does what he must, however.

I broke my own rule and bought my wife a 2015 limited with every option. Now with 22,000 miles the problems are starting to slow down finally. Been back to multiple dealers countless times. Problems include, oil use (almost 2 qts every 6000m) antifreeze leak somewhere, on third windshield, gas door, wind noise, head unit problems, nav unit problems, remote starter works when it wants, all warning lights would come on while driving. Dealers have been great they really tried to fix all the problems. The car design wise is fine, but just too many bugs. Would buy another Subaru, but never, never a first year of a major makeover year.

Well after being told the car was ready yesterday morning friday january 6th, I went this morning (saturday) to pick up the car, bla bla bla, guy goes to get the car and it wont start they jumped it and it started but now they have to check it again monday. THIS IS CRAZY what a piece of shit car

Archived