LegacyGT.com

New 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R

Hello everyone. I've been a member here for quite sometime, and mostly followed all the topics, reading up as much as I can for the day I owned my own Subaru Legacy. Today it is that day, and Id like to share it with you. I just purchased today a 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited fully loaded with Eyesight, Nav, Moonroof, etc..; and now I am excited to join the family. Car will be ready for pickup this Thursday.

I did not want to buy it new because I don't want to pay full price only to have it depreciate as soon as I drive off the lot. But the car looked to be in excellent condition. It was listed at a local Subaru dealership for $25,999 with only 10,700 miles. I thought there had to be something wrong with it, right? I KBB it and it was listed under the fair market price range (see link below). I drove out to the dealer to check it out and everything looked to be in top shape. It looked even better in person than it did on the pictures. Took it out for a test drive and it drove fine. No issues noticed. No noise, No pulling. Took it on the highway, hard accelerated up to 80mph and cruised for about 10 seconds and it rode fine. No vibrations, no pulling, no squeaking and no weird noises. It had a smooth acceleration and a nice pull. Sales rep was a bit nervous. I joked with him saying I wanted to test the Eyesight front crash prevention next. He looked at me with some concern in his eyes :p. After I scared the living crap out of my sales rep. I took him back for negotiations. I had the dealership dig out the car history, and the Carfax... Car was bought at auction (was a bit nervous there), only one owner, no accidents or any other damage reported, all service done on time. I am sitting there thinking WTH... what's wrong with it? But I could not find anything wrong with it, so I bought it. At first they did not want to go any lower on the price, but in the end I got the car for $25,000. I did buy the extended 6yr/100k bumper to bumper warranty for additional $2,000. I am a field sales rep. and I am constantly driving and putting up miles so the extra warranty gives me the peace of mind. I think this was an amazing deal in the end. I am sitting here now writing this post while still thinking what is wrong the car :lol:. Anyway, LMK what you guys think? Pictures below.

http://www.kbb.com/subaru/legacy/2015/36r-limited-sedan-4d/?vehicleid=399531&intent=buy-used&options=6193724%7ctrue%7c5870109%7ctrue%7c5870025%7ctrue%7c5870105%7ctrue%7c5870119%7ctrue%7c5869948%7ctrue%7c6530342%7ctrue&mileage=11000&condition=good&pricetype=retail#survey

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/prowler82/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-07%20at%2011.46.24%20PM_zpsfkycwasq.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/prowler82/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-07%20at%2011.46.46%20PM_zpsmpdqobde.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/prowler82/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-07%20at%2011.47.09%20PM_zpsvem7sebe.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/prowler82/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-07%20at%2011.47.40%20PM_zps4oux1xsc.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/prowler82/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-07%20at%2011.47.59%20PM_zpsotcbe1xn.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/prowler82/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-08%20at%2012.28.12%20AM_zpsatbbyeqi.png

There are a lot of reasons why a car can end up in a auction after 1 or 2 years. Most of the time it's because it's a demo, off lease, etc. When someone turns back in a lease, they can typically go to an auction vs. going back to the dealership. If the dealer pulled the Carfax (which I believe are pretty worthless), but more importantly pulled the Subaru database for any registered work done through a Subaru dealership, you should be OK. The only concern that could happen is the car was a buy-back, similar to a lemon, but those are usually caught at the auction because they appear on car reports.

I think you just got a sweet deal and should enjoy your ride. In hindsight, I wish I had opted for the 3.6 vs the 2.5 in my limited. I'll get the 3.6 when my lease is up and I'll be moving over to the Outback due to our growing family.

Also, for what it's worth, when I look at my lease papers, my 2016 Limited 2.5 with every option as yours has a residual lease value of ~ $17,750 at the end of the 3-yr lease.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161112/7bdbfc918ae29a325bde504e4d989556.jpg

After

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161112/c872ee7588ef221ad2c3cee768e43b7b.jpg

Subtle difference but I like how it sits with the bracket much better. This the 2015 WRX Perrin bracket. Not meant for our Legacy but works no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did u wired the horns?did u use relay or u just plug it in straight on the oem horn connector?thanks

How did u wired the horns?did u use relay or u just plug it in straight on the oem horn connector?thanks

Subimods.com sells a harness that fits "most subarus". That's the one I used.

@BeastCoast1

I connected mine straight to the OEM Wiring without the Relay Just make sure you change your Fuses to 15amps though if you lay on the Horns they will Blow the Weak 7.5amp Fuse..[emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

... change your Fuses to 15amps though if you lay on the Horns they will Blow the Weak 7.5amp Fuse..

Bad idea. Very bad idea. The purpose of a fuse is not to protect the device at the other end, but rather to protect the wiring from overheating and possibly starting a fire.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Bad idea. Very bad idea. The purpose of a fuse is not to protect the device at the other end, but rather to protect the wiring from overheating and possibly starting a fire.

I used the stock wires but found that the sound was not quite right - I think because of the voltage drop in the OEM (thin) wire. Replaced with a relay and decent feed off the battery for full effect!

And agree that the fuse is there to stop the wires overheating and catching fire. If the fuse/wire is not rated for the device on the end of it then you need to install heavier gauge wires and a bigger fuse. Fuse should always blow first (otherwise it's not operating as a fuse).

Fuse should always blow first (otherwise it's not operating as a fuse).

That's the important part: Fuse rating is always based on wire capacity, not on the load requirement. Replacing an OE fuse with one of higher rating because it keeps blowing is a very bad idea.

I agree that in good wiring practice, wire gauge and fuse rating are chosen based on either load requirement or voltage drop (i.e. wire length) ... whichever is more conservative. Since wire runs in a passenger vehicle are seldom more than 10 feet in length, wire heating usually dominates the choice of wire gauge.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 3 months later...

Dipped the grille last night, about 6 coats. Couldn't stand the look of the stock grille anymore. I also have the JDM grille on the way from Japan parts but I will replace it when I am ready to do the hella horns and morimoto fogs. Want to kill three birds with one stone.

Next week tint goes on the windows.

Also I am having Lightwerkz do my DD C-Light, blackout housing with orange delete, upgrade the low bean projectors and install demon eye in May.

She is coming along. Just have to find a name for her.

Updated Upgrade List.

* Install Clearbra (completed)

* 20mm sway bar (completed)

* Auto-dimming side view mirror (completed)

* WeatherTech (completed)

* Plasti dip front grille (completed)

1.thumb.JPG.36a6a22a64d0733f116dc37801ef5d30.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.5305a79a2a859941171848394990ed63.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.c3ddd992fb014191b121c39f38ffd98c.JPG

4.thumb.JPG.349ec67413bb0dac2a715b0f46428e51.JPG

Excellent work.

I know this is 4 months too late, but I just read your first post about buying the car and want to congratulate you, you got a great deal.

My only criticism is to tell you to get some decent tools for working on cars. That chinese adjustable wrench in your photo makes my skin crawl - it has no place being near a modern metric car.

That chinese adjustable wrench ... has no place being near a modern metric car.

I agree. When I was in high school (~60 years ago), we used to sardonically call those adjustable wrenches "metric expanders." Metric fasteners were rare on cars back then ... in the '50s you were probably more likely to encounter Whitworth than metric ... but we commonly encountered metric stuff that our standard "American" wrenches wouldn't fit when working on European 2-wheelers (BMW, Zundapp, Ducati, Lambretta, Vespa, etc.).

spacer.png

Excellent work.

I know this is 4 months too late, but I just read your first post about buying the car and want to congratulate you, you got a great deal.

My only criticism is to tell you to get some decent tools for working on cars. That chinese adjustable wrench in your photo makes my skin crawl - it has no place being near a modern metric car.

Thank you.

Don't hate on my little wrench :spin:. It's the best tool when you need one and there isn't anything else around. Always keep it the car for multipurpose of whatever. Just used it to disconnect the battery. Forgot my regular set upstairs and was lazy to go get it.

Looks awesome! Are you going to do two or four hella horns? I made a write-up for installing the horns. If you want, I have an extra wiring harness that I could ship you for free.

Thanks Goose. I did seen your write up and you did a nice job. Very detailed. I'm doing two super tones. I am good on the harness, but thank you for offering. You should sell it and make some money.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it! I have had Suntek installed on 2010 Legacy in January on 2010, still looks great today, minus a couple bubbles along the rear defroster lines, which I cant really complain about after 7 years.

Just had Suntek CIR installed a couple weeks ago! I'm sure the installer told you, but DO NOT use any glass cleaner with ammonia in it, that's what causes the tint to turn purple. I have been using Sprayway Glass Cleaner since 2010, works really well, that's what I recommend.

I'm sure the installer told you, but DO NOT use any glass cleaner with ammonia in it, that's what causes the tint to turn purple.

He did not mention the ammonia part. Thanks for the heads up.

Looks great! That's the same level of tint I went with.

I like it a lot. Any darker on the sides would be too much.

This came in the mail today. I still have about 2 weeks before it goes on the car. I have to say the stock grille I dipped is kinda of growing on me now :lol: For the JDM not sure if I keep the chrome around the grille or dip it. Options?

IMG_0493.thumb.JPG.ff942323377ab0947903b21e37fe3051.JPG

This came in the mail today. I still have about 2 weeks before it goes on the car. I have to say the stock grille I dipped is kinda of growing on me now :lol: For the JDM not sure if I keep the chrome around the grille or dip it. Options?

I've seen some 2017 models running around here with the black center original grille and I like it. Were it mine I'd try the JDM grille as is for a while. Can always dip it later if you don't like the chrome ring.

The jdm grill is next on my list of mods, pending the sale of my wheels and tires. I'm still unsure about wether or not I want to dip the surround. I'm thinking because the inner part is glossy, I'm going to leave the outer edge chrome for a more oem look. Then I can always dip it later if I want to.

I'm still unsure about wether or not I want to dip the surround. I'm thinking because the inner part is glossy

That is what I am thinking, the two tone black might funny unless I get it painted gloss black. Thombob said he dipped his JDM grille chrome surround only and it doesn't look bad but the picture is not really clear. I am not dipping the whole grille. It was too expensive.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/did-you-do-your-6th-gen-today-thread-vol-2-256186p68.html

Archived