LegacyGT.com

New 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much junk in the trunk 😆😆😆😆.

Just picked these up. Can't wait to mount them. Full set of STI BBS rims gunmetal with locking nuts, continental extreme with 6/32 thread left, TPMS and then came already balanced. I'm gonna be thorough and balance them again. Tires are not bad. I can still get a summer out of them.

IMG_0530.thumb.JPG.1cd86c9bb7b9a9d533099a9d820e70a4.JPG

IMG_0519.thumb.JPG.f9d56f948350faaddca7888d99e98bde.JPG

Got the wheels on the car and the tires are no bueno. Didn't noticed before but two tires are cupped after I got them mounted. I went on my drive home and noise was pretty bad, like a bad wheel bearing. 116 miles later my ears are still ringing. I know it is bad but had no choice unless I was change to my stock on the side of the road. Tomorrow I will be switching back to my stock setup and check the wheels to make sure everything is good. I am looking for a new set and I am thinking of going 45 for the side walls. 40 make the wheel look tiny.

Anyway below is a picture of the gunmetal STI rims on a black Legacy.

IMG_0533.thumb.JPG.303e7269d9423a37739a182ef140f2ef.JPG

They're 18s? 245/45r18 is prettt much identical to stock size. Sorry the tires are crappy.

I totally misread your response. I thought you were saying the were crap, bad quality. :lol: I was on Tire Rack and the reviews are very good for it. Anyway, I put the stock wheels back on today and no more noise. Shopping for new tires now and I have not idea what to get. I was thinking 45 walls but after seeing 50 on grnlantern's BBS it got me thinking.

red circles shows area of contact on inner thread.

383815875_cupped2.thumb.jpg.ecc824a9acfaa8cd3eb106b273dbbd15.jpg

I totally misread your response. I thought you were saying the were crap, bad quality. :lol: I was on Tire Rack and the reviews are very good for it. Anyway, I put the stock wheels back on today and no more noise. Shopping for new tires now and I have not idea what to get. I was thinking 45 walls but after seeing 50 on grnlantern's BBS it got me thinking.

red circles shows area of contact on inner thread.

I'm in the market for new tires too, and I'm torn. I want the best ultra high performance all season tires, but realistically I know I don't need them. Shoot, even the eagles that came from the factory have held up to everything I've thrown at them, and their reviews are horrible. Right now I'm looking at the Kumho ECSTA LX PLATINUM. They're a mid-level grand touring all season, and won't break the bank.

I'm in the market for new tires too, and I'm torn. I want the best ultra high performance all season tires, but realistically I know I don't need them. Shoot, even the eagles that came from the factory have held up to everything I've thrown at them, and their reviews are horrible. Right now I'm looking at the Kumho ECSTA LX PLATINUM. They're a mid-level grand touring all season, and won't break the bank.

I did my grad school living in Columbia MD, you are blessed to have relatively mild winters (compared to the northeast) but cursed because if you do get snow or ice, they are woefully unprepared to deal with the roads equipment wise.

Also, first time I ever drove into a flash flood, which I was woefully unprepared for (what's a little rain, I thought, till I hit about 2' of water at about 40mph+)

For that reason, I would get good wet weather tires over snow traction. If it snows, you can always stay home, might be safer since most people there have no idea how to drive in the snow as it is.

Right now I have Goodyear Eagle LS-2 All-Season and I don't like them. I am looking at a set of 245/45R18, BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S. The price is not bad, $147'ish per tire, and it has excellent reviews on Tire Rack. Other similar competitor tires are priced much higher and not so great reviews. Also read other people here say good things about them.

@The Grey Goose, reviews on the Kumho's are good, except for the winter ratings, but you already have the Blizzaks that came with your new wheels so you are good there. The low price scares me a little.

@upstater, luckily they seem to be more prepared now with any snow we receive. Our last "storm" of the winter brought in ~5", and I was thoroughly impressed at how well they managed to keep all the roads clear. Never had a single problem.

@leolfds I'm not planning on keeping the winter tires once I get new ones. The way I look at, if my really shitty eagle LS-2's are fine in the snow we get, then these ones will be even better. The eagles got a 3.9 in that area, and the Kumho's got 6.1. Not amazing, but adequate. What's nice is my work is happy to shut down (yay government job!) so avoiding driving in the snow will be easy anyways.

Pulled the trigger on a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS06, 245/45R18. They are going on the car Saturday. I will post pictures then. I had originally purchased the BFGoodruch G-Force Comp-2 A/S but they are back ordered on Tire Rack and I did not want to wait.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a wrench set. Was just being sarcastic cause Too40gawlf was hating on the wrench before :p. I am only dreading doing the work cause I know my back is gonna kill me afterwards from all the bending down. Now just I have to pick up a bolt and a nut to mount the horn bracket. When you did your Hellas, you mentioned you could not verify the polarity on the horns. Any orientation works?

I have a wrench set. Was just being sarcastic cause Too40gawlf was hating on the wrench before :p. I am only dreading doing the work cause I know my back is gonna kill me afterwards from all the bending down. Now just I have to pick up a bolt and a nut to mount the horn bracket. When you did your Hellas, you mentioned you could not verify the polarity on the horns. Any orientation works?

Haha! I remember that now. Yeah, I couldn't figure out if there was a correct polarity, because either way worked. I looked on hellas website and still couldn't confirm. I figure it must not be a big issue, and all my horns are still working great. Also you can pick up an M8-1.25x20mm bolt and use the existing threaded hole if you like.

I saw that. Still put a nut on the other side to make sure everything is secured. The morimotos I just have to make sure I check the polarity before plugging the prongs in the plastic connector. I heard the prongs are difficult to remove if you make a mistake.

Almost forgot... this came in the mail last week. The "tS" will go where the 3.6r badge currently is. I am still deciding if I remove the Legacy badge as well and just leave the "tS".

IMG_0605.thumb.JPG.719f432a371363188a1d522a7f3c6174.JPG

IMG_0606.thumb.JPG.278fc8a269976ea8ed8d5ec877581230.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Did a few things today...

* Hella SuperTones install

* Morimotto Type T Fog lights

* JDM gill.

For the hella horns I used the following below

- 2x super tones https://subimods.com/hella-supertone-horn-kit-003399801.html

- Subimods hella harness https://subimods.com/subimods-v2-hella-horn-harness-kit-most-subaru-models-sm-h-hv2.html

- Subimods horn bracket https://subimods.com/subimods-hella-horn-bracket-2015-2016-wrx-2015-2016-sti-sm-h-brkva.html

- One M8 1.25x20mm screw I bought at Lowes

Note: I did not use the plastic spacer or the screw that came with the Subiemods bracket kit because it was long and I was afraid it would hit the radiator.

I did not take any pictures of the morimoto install. if you have any questions just ask.

thanks to GreyGoose for the help

IMG_0653.thumb.JPG.32d8494303d6c7d1fdea87b410967253.JPG

IMG_0656.thumb.JPG.fa9a94a5af21aab76c4e0b7961640fe7.JPG

IMG_0658.thumb.JPG.b4f4f9398e45a388bb04318e98e3610e.JPG

IMG_0661.thumb.JPG.2a59aeb1f6fe61e07b8d55883b6e51d2.JPG

IMG_0663.thumb.JPG.17bc59f98ca982717dd70396125baf48.JPG

Decided I wasn't happy with the relay location so I moved it today. I thought it was too exposed to elements and debris on the lower grill. Now it sits behind the main grill which better protects it, and is out of sight and out of direct exposure. Much happier now.

IMG_0683.thumb.JPG.2809ea0055bd0e824b0825eec87a200d.JPG

IMG_0684.thumb.JPG.d6717c5d346346ce65c9a0b0de75c3aa.JPG

IMG_0686.thumb.JPG.084303f2eeba03bd6047f6e6c1713cc2.JPG

IMG_0687.thumb.JPG.784dc63af1d417b109759d5636174c81.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Having Lightwerkz install the DD C-Lights, Demon Eyes and black out the headlight housing but since they were opening the headlight I had them go ahead and upgrade the low bean HID projector's optics as well with the Morimoto Black Series. These are just the lenses and not the full projector. I read great things about them and after seeing the comparison video I was sold (see YouTube video below). They cost $40.00 plus install labor. I didn't have the guts to pull my headlights apart so I had everything professionally installed. I am picking up the car this afternoon and I am super excited to see the outcome. More pictures will follow with everything installed.

Link to website: http://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php/components/clear-lenses/sti-r-clear-lens.html

YouTube Review:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/prowler82/Subaru%20Legacy/lenses_zpslxwf62bj.png

Archived