LegacyGT.com

Show Us Pics of Your 5th Gen as It Sits!! V-2

Took car yesterday to get detailed. They were able to remove over 95% of all swirl marks. For a 2012 with Original paint, they did an amazing job. The interior honestly looks like it's never been sat in. None of the pics I took of interior look as good as it does in person. Overall very pleased with the service.

That looks niiiiiiice. I'm thinking about having mine detailed. I don't mind hand washing and hand waxing but I haven't invested into a buffer yet and at around $200 for a nice one, I could just pay some $80 once a year and be just as happy. Then just hand wash, wax and use detailer during the year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dusting of snow on my car this morning and so the snow season begins. I gotta get moving on swapping out the the summer tires.

You may have gotten a little more snow, happy winters finally here!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161121/6b77e975468e24df7faedcd82ed710de.jpg

That looks niiiiiiice. I'm thinking about having mine detailed. I don't mind hand washing and hand waxing but I haven't invested into a buffer yet and at around $200 for a nice one, I could just pay some $80 once a year and be just as happy. Then just hand wash, wax and use detailer during the year.

Wouldn't trust anyone who charges $80 for complete detail. Unless the $80 is solely for a buff and wax, if it's a full detail for that price all I can say is "you get what you pay for." I'm very meticulous with my car so I'm very untrusting when it comes to letting anyone do anything to my vehicles.

Wouldn't trust anyone who charges $80 for complete detail. Unless the $80 is solely for a buff and wax, if it's a full detail for that price all I can say is "you get what you pay for." I'm very meticulous with my car so I'm very untrusting when it comes to letting anyone do anything to my vehicles.

I think he means 80 for everything he would need to detail the car himself. I saw Tim's car and it looked professionally detailed.

I think he means 80 for everything he would need to detail the car himself. I saw Tim's car and it looked professionally detailed.

Because yours has more wear and tear lol. Mine up close has lots of micro scratches in it. That and rear bumper from the shopping carts, ugh.

Most places I've seen around here charge $80-90 for the exterior. I wasn't gonna go for it until they've showed me a before and after of their work so I know what I'm paying for. Lol.

$80-90 for exterior alone may be good if you see their work. Next time I will only need the exterior cause I will maintain the interior. The company I used has a package that doesn't include the complete interior treatment and that one is $129+tax. Might be able to get them to go cheaper if I knock some stuff off the list that I can do myself. Their 3-stage paint enhancement (claybar+buff+wax) is what I solely need them to do. Don't trust myself with a buffer.

Come over to my place and I'll get you fancied up real quick. Just spent 5+hrs doing my gfs mazda6 and she was shocked at the paint afterwards. Granted I still felt like I rushed it but her paint look Adam near flawless except for some deep nicks from shopping carts.

^^^ looks good with the 17s. Good that you went with a 50 series tire. Fill wheel well good. Stock suspension I assume?

Correct, stock suspension... For now :)

Yes the tires and rims turned out a lot better then I expected. These are my winters, and I'm very happy with the very open alloys.

Can I borrow that front end? Kthx

I would do a JDM grill and bumper swap if it didn't require the hood as well.

Over here it seems all the 09-12 have this type of grill and the 13-14 has the 'flat bottom' grill like you guys get. I thought all ours would be JDM styled, even if they were 'NZ new' like mine was.

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk