LegacyGT.com

Show Us Pics of Your 5th Gen as It Sits!! V-2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure to tell you the truth. It's entirely possible though, FRS/BRZ culture around Chicago is crazy, loads of both turbo and supercharged builds. I did not speak to the owner of this one specifically though.

Edit: Best picture I could find of it, can't see far enough inside the scoop to tell. Very nice looking build though. Full carbon hood and front fenders.

http://i.imgur.com/1hoRjuO.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

• 4 weeks later...
My car was picked up by the shipper. I hope they are putting on a larger trailer, because one car doesn't seem very cost effective to ship accross the country. I should have it by the end of next week.

IMG_2106.thumb.JPG.e170a3417187aec2418e758720814519.JPG

Ohhhh dear God no!!!! That front end is going to get blasted! Hope whatever in front has rock guards/flaps

From the other pictures, the tow vehicle does have mud flaps. The tow vehicle is a Toyota Tundra. My car was scheduled to be picked up on Monday, but the tranporting carrier broke down. I suspect that is a short distance tow with that vehicle, maybe some type of a distribution center. I can't imagine it being profitable to tow one car cross country with Tundra. I was surprise to see what tow vehicle was towing my car and the size of the trailer.

Did you order an enclosed trailer?

I did not get an enclosure trailer; hopefully I don't regret that decision. This is the 1st vehicle I have shipped before, my other 2 long distance purchase have been within 1 days drive. I have had another friend have good luck with more expensive vehicles than this with an open trailer.

I shipped both of my vehicles (LGT, former Impreza) from Burlington to Portland. They were on separate trucks, as we staggered them a week apart so we were never without a vehicle. Both were picked up in an open car carrier with several other vehicles. My only complaint was that when the cars arrived, they were actually dropped off at a lot in Vancouver Washington and driven to my house by some guy. But the vehicles appeared to be in good shape. I didn't notice any differences to the exterior.

it's very hard to see another 5th gen gt, especially in pnw area. I have seen 3 in total, 1 in Seattle, this one, and another one is on the dealership in SE Portland area.

There's 2 other 5th gen LGTs in the area (ironically, they're also graphite grey) that I've met up with... although not for some time now.

Heya,

Finally got wheels and tires mounted. Car is lowered about an inch on kinda crappy Godspeed MRS2040 coilovers. Niche Misano M117 19x8.5 +40 with Michelin Pilot SuperSport 245/35 ZR19.

Enjoy!

IMG_20170620_190317.thumb.jpg.40f7622d31290891f896c4bbe94f3492.jpg

IMG_20170620_190329.thumb.jpg.b9b3b53a12e1ea5e81da9fe8b9e758cd.jpg

It's been a long time coming. So happy to finally get there. I was having trouble finding a nice set of used calipers that weren't all chipped and scuffed up that also didn't cost a fortune. Thankfully these just have 2 paint chips on the right side caliper, but otherwise great shape and clean. I almost resigned myself to buying new OEM Brembos but coming up with the cash for that was a long way out in the future. Turns out one of my buddies over on the Forester forum had bought these calipers and then he and his wife decided to buy a house, so he needed to liquidate quickly and wanted to pass these on for the same deal he got, $800. After a few weeks of advertising them, nobody was biting so I knew it was meant to be. Score! Another $230 in rotors and the fronts were done! Now I just need some decent pads, but that can wait a while.