LegacyGT.com

Sydney Motor Show - Liberty GT "Tuned By STi"

slugdriver

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoke to my dealer yesterday. He hinted that pre-Christmas delivery "may be possible" but still cant commit to a date. He promised to call back today. I'll let you know....

I just checked again today - some interesting feedback...

Delivery - probably between Xmas and New Year now (Ok, better than Jan)

Seats do not have STi stitching in them. Despite this being on the specification / website and no information to the contrary. I am thinking we need to get this done by SA at their cost - it was on the car in Sydney and on the specs and I am not happy the interior won't have it.

Be good if someone else could confirm and then I think we should start a campaign to get it done (sure they can have it done here locally if need be)

Happy to support the campaign for reinstatement of the STi stitching on the seats...! I will also be disappointed if they've deleted this.:icon_frow For the extra money we are paying I think the least they can do is make the car look the part. The website promo clearly shows the stitching in the photos (but it does also contain a disclaimer that they reserve the right to change the spec etc etc!)

Re delivery, I've been told today that there is still a small "struggle" going on between Subaru dealers in Melbourne and "Subaru Australia" (who are of course one and the same company). Seems to be a sales vs management tussle. SA want to hold the cars back until January, the dealers would like to get them moving this side of Christmas. I've been told that there may be a slim chance of delivery around 23/12, or if not then between Christmas and New Year. But no guarantees. The whisper is that the local build will take 5 days to complete, and this hasn't started yet because SA have not given it the green light.

I've told them I'm not interested in taking delivery between 23rd Dec and 11th January, too busy elsewhere.... so we'll see what happens I guess. Patience, patience :icon_evil

From the original press release

"Inside, an all-black interior features leather seats with STI embroidered alacantara inserts, complete with trademark red stitching, offering increased comfort levels.

Titanium finish trim on the dash, centre console, door trim and an aluminium pedal set give the vehicle a modern, sporty edge.

STI-red luminescent dash cluster lights complete the interior upgrades."

I have both the original material handed out at the Sydney show and the (still current) webpages archived with the necessary bits and pieces...

I'm going to start a mailing list off line to suggest people who want to "object" join in...PM me

Regarding the stitching... If they're taking the stitching away.. are they going to put a sunroof back in like the display car had at the Sydney motor show had? I'd rather the Sunroof. hehehe. Maybe I'll just keep dreaming. :) I got one order like you guys. When I contacted dealer.. he said possibly pre-christmas... say 24th, but he wouldn't promise me.

Anyone in Sydney want to organise a group buy for sunroofs???

Regarding the stitching... If they're taking the stitching away.. are they going to put a sunrook back in like the display car had at the Sydney motor show had? I'd rather the Sunroof. hehehe. Maybe I'll just keep dreaming. :) I got one order like you guys. When I contacted dealer.. he said possibly pre-christmas... say 24th, but he wouldn't promise me.

Anyone in Sydney want to organise a group buy for sunroofs???

The "possibly pre-Christmas" delivery seems to be a common theme! Thats what they are telling me too. Head office seems to be keen to hold them back until Jan though. Nobody's making any promises

I'd also happily trade the STi stitching for the factory sunroof. No, on second thoughts, I'd accept the Brembos that are fitted to the (cheaper) JDM "tuned by Sti" GT...:)

If you decide to go with the aftermarket sunroof, stick with the Webasto/Hollandia product and use a reputable/accredited installer. Also make sure they fit the "roof stiffener replacement" RSR system. Should then be trouble free.

The "possibly pre-Christmas" delivery seems to be a common theme! Thats what they are telling me too. Head office seems to be keen to hold them back until Jan though. Nobody's making any promises

I'd also happily trade the STi stitching for the factory sunroof. No, on second thoughts, I'd accept the Brembos that are fitted to the (cheaper) JDM "tuned by Sti" GT...:)

If you decide to go with the aftermarket sunroof, stick with the Webasto/Hollandia product and use a reputable/accredited installer. Also make sure they fit the "roof stiffener replacement" RSR system. Should then be trouble free.

I guess the JDM brake setup would be nice too I guess. :) I'm not picky.. even the Satnav system will stop me whinging hehehhe. :p

The Hollandia were what I had in mind, but I wouldn't have thought of the roof stiffener replacement. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Just goes to show what a bunch of chunts they are at Subaru Australia. Compared the website tonight with my saved versions of the two articles. Surprise, surprise both articles now no longer mention the STi embroidery and lo and behold the pic at the bottom of the page of the main article has now been photochopped to remove the STi logo from the seats.

Talk about underhanded behaviour...

Unbelievable! (well, not really, pretty true to form for SA from what I hear... A nice blend of incompetence and arrogance) How can they change a press release dated 13 October 2005?! Nothing like rewriting a bit of history..!

This car is rapidly shaping up as my first and last Subaru.... and I haven't even got a delivery date yet!

hi guys, i have just finished reading 28 pages...pretty interesting thread!...

i have an urban grey manual wagon on order...very exciting, but its a bit dissapointing to hear about the interior trim debacle!

i got mine thru a car broker which managed to save me about 2K from the best price i could get from Subaru Docklands...not a heap but worth the 50 bucks the broker cost!...roll on january! :icon_bigg

if they are 'building' them in melbourne as suggested above, i have the interesting (and slightly absurd) situation where my car will be trucked to sydney for 'dealer delivery' and then trucked back to melbourne again!...i think i will give tynans a call and see if we can dispense with the trip to sydney.

if they are 'building' them in melbourne as suggested above, i have the interesting (and slightly absurd) situation where my car will be trucked to sydney for 'dealer delivery' and then trucked back to melbourne again!...i think i will give tynans a call and see if we can dispense with the trip to sydney.

ahh... come on.... Sydney isn't that bad! :D

(yes, I'm joking.)

G'Day Guys.

My apologies I havent been around for the past few days but as this is the business end of the season for most ppl, things do get a bit hectic. Now Ive read most of this page about this and that being deleted from the main spec list. Unsure how this is going to unfold although the "Fat Lady" certainly hasnt opened her mouth and sung her tune by a long shot. Just hold tight for the moment and see how things settle in the next week to week and a half. There is certainly no new or updated news although as we get closer to the acutal release date, more concerete information will be presented.

Ada///M.

PS G'Day and Welcome to the New Guys to the site. Great to see our list growing especailly here in Melbourne.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great thread, all 29 pages of it :icon_bigg

l am very interested in the Sti Lib and found this thread a goldmine of info.

Has anyone been able to confirm that Subaru have dropped the Sti insignia and stitching? Did they include the Sti interior hoodlining, whatever that may look like :icon_ques

The claims of 0-100 in around 5.5 secs seem a little optimistic, has anyone heard anything offical? SA claim 5.7 for the stock Liberty and it seems to get around 6.5 in the press so if we apply the same fudge factor to the Sti Lib then maybe around 6.1 is more realsitic?

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing one for myself when my local dealer finally gets one into stock.

Cheers Mondie

Hey Simon,

Welcome here! Can definitely confirm there is no STi insignia in the seat but there is red stitching. I have to go check the hood lining - it was supposed to be black but i haven't been looking!!!!

Have been well behaved with mine so far, but it is very quick. Not doing any full throttle launches but in gear response is very, very good. Staying under 5500 rpm on Dockland's advice but at 5500 it is still pulling verrrrry strong.

I know I owe some pics up here but our visitors only left today so will try to do it tomorrow...

Darren

Thanks for the reply Darren.

While a little trivial l find it disappointing that Sti appears nowhere in the interior. They could have at least put it on the seats, surely this ommited due to logistics/availability and not the desire to save 5c?

The hood lining question came from the display specs at the SMS where it mentioned an Sti hoodling whatever that may be. Could have dropped that and sticthed Sti into the seats instead if it indeed was a cost issue.

Performance wise it sounds promising :)

Cheers Simon

Yes, I'm afraid they are stingy - to the point even the new STi is still a little boring looking inside and out for the price. Still it's the best car so far from them. I'm hoping they continue the trend so I can look forward to buying say the MY07/8 version. Time will tell.

Archived