Official: Utah Chat Thread - VOL 2

Hops

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm doing a custom catback for the Mini, but can't find tips I like that aren't like $400 or more just for 2 tips. Figured I'd see if anyone here had anything.

Walter at Simple Performance may have something, i'd go check them out they are in downtown SLC.

60K! Way to drive that thing into the ground! :lol: Must be nice to have them both running again. Your garage is still immaculate even when you are working on 2 Legacys at the same time! Seems like my garage becomes a huge disaster area even when I'm doing simple jobs on one car. Speaking of which, I have a new set of front rotors and brake pads waiting to go on at the moment. Hopefully I'll get to that soon. I also have several containers of e85 (well probably more like e70 :mad:) laying around. I gotta go burn off the last of the 91 in my tank but since winter has apparently returned, I'll probably hold off until this weekend.

So....we need more pics of your wagon.

I also got the Audi running and been driving that since I've had to wait for parts for the Legacys.

You didn't see there other side of the garage... it was a disaster, but I got the wagon running last night! It's nice to have all cars driveable finally.

hey Chad, who do you have tune your cars?

I ended up buying a red wagon with a new motor in it, but its running less than stellar. We found a missing restrictor pill, and a cracked vacuum hose. But I'm wondering if theres more issues. It bucks after warm between 2500-3500 under mid throttle in second and third gear. I havent driven it yet with the pill back in. I'll report tonight if it fixes it.

hey Chad, who do you have tune your cars?

I ended up buying a red wagon with a new motor in it, but its running less than stellar. We found a missing restrictor pill, and a cracked vacuum hose. But I'm wondering if theres more issues. It bucks after warm between 2500-3500 under mid throttle in second and third gear. I havent driven it yet with the pill back in. I'll report tonight if it fixes it.

More details on this wagon... Manual? What interior?

Have you driven it since fixing vacuum hose? Restrictor pill will make only a minor difference, but the cracked vacuum line will definitely make it do that. Could be bigger problems, but hopefully not.

My tuner is Alex Pasquin and he's the best guy for the job. He and Christian from Cobb did the initial tune on my car ~5 years ago and he's done a couple revisions for me for free. He actually just bought his own dyno and opened his own shop in North Salt Lake. Ignition Logic.

Nice! I've heard of Alex. Its a manual non-limited. Its supposedly on a stock tune(not yet verified), but has a Perrin style top mount and GFB ressponse adjustable BOV(Im not in love w/ it). I'm going to fix it tonight and I'll know for sure.

I still don't know how I convinced my wife to let me buy another one of these after she made me sell my sedan, and I was super stoked but now I'm super worried I bought a crap lemon. I'll have to give Alex a call, as Logan McDowell has been very slow to respond.

Chad, that's cool you know Alex, I hear he is one of the best tuners in Utah from multiple people I trust. If anything i've heard he's a better option than Simple for Tuning, i'd probably take my car to him if Simple is packed.

I took my car into Mark Miller Southtowne for a bit, airbag recall, heater core done, Front & Rear Differentials, Transmission Flush and the car feels so much better. It shifts so much nicer, everything feels just more solid with putting power down. I'm just glad I have heat on my passenger side, lets hope this fixes my overheating up canyons on turbo load issue.

Now just to deal with these leaky valve covers, find out why my power steering is leaking and then the car will be solid. I don't really want to change any gaskets when it's this cold though.

Now just to deal with these leaky valve covers, find out why my power steering is leaking and then the car will be solid. I don't really want to change any gaskets when it's this cold though.

I hear that, I have a slight vacuum leak from a PVC in my Valve Cover. No difference in driving but every now and then when I release the throttle or just sit idling I get this ridiculous tea kettle whistle. the dealership wanted $600 to replace it but I feel it's a job I can do myself, once it gets warmer.

All german cars look the same, haha yes though the Audi. More pics, what are your plans for her? just some restoration and cleaning or do you plan to do any mods?

Working on restoration right now, then I'll slowly modify the engine with RS2 parts. I want to keep it close to factory, but I do have some cool upgraded Audi parts waiting to be installed.

• 2 weeks later...
Decided to try something. Since I haven't been able to figure out a decent option to get fogs back in after installing my fmic, I figured I'd see what some LED strips would look like. Any opinions? I'm not sure, they might be a little rice but I guess I'll keep them for a bit and if I decide I like them, I'll probably buy some higher quality ones since these were definitely on the cheap side. Still I think I'd rather be able to get some actual fog lights back in there....there's just definitely not room for the stock fogs.

fogs2.thumb.jpg.6b97726157ad62a92d495a813a92b124.jpg

fogs5.thumb.jpg.4d3df730c4d595ab66fbc72ee10a1ebf.jpg

fogs3.thumb.jpg.9babb73320f51d9d17b8f6c96f4c3e80.jpg