LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Picked up my C2 yesterday. Will run a case of ammo through it this weekend when I return to work. All we have is Winchester 124gr FMJ and Ranger 127 gr +P+.

66057-A08-2661-44-BC-BEEC-4-DC143572192.jpg

Just cleaned and lubed it. Loaded up the mags and I have 5 mags from my Staccato P that are loaded up. Three of us plan to run 1000 rounds through it this weekend as fast as we can to break it in.

Fondled one of these at Scheels today in Rapid City. Nice pistol, but I would have to take a file or sandpaper to the bottom rear of the grip texture. It’s sharp and squared off, and digs into the palm of my firing hand. No matter how hard I rode up into the beaver tail my palm down by the pinky was going past the grip. Very annoying.

Having never owned a handgun before, I recently purchased a Walther PPQ 9MM 5" barrel as my first. I probably tried out 40 different handguns in various flavors and this particular gun fits my hand so perfectly, I don't think I could have designed one myself to make it fit as well. Another great thing is it fits my wife's hand very nicely too-so much so, she says we're going to purchase the exact same gun in 4" barrel for her.

I did a lot of reading on it and can't find very much bad about it but again, I'm a newbie to handguns.

Comments by you handgun veterans? I know it has a plastic slide rod and I can change it easily enough, but the store where I purchased it has 3 different salespeople that carry the exact same gun as their personal weapon and all 3 said they've put multiple thousands of rounds through them and still have the original plastic slide rod, so I kind of think it might not be necessary to change.

Again, comments? Good, bad?

I wish they had the 5" when i got mine. I'm not even an amatuer, my first too, but live my PPQ. And same here on holding so many different ones before settling on it. An M&P was the runner up.

Equally interested in anything that's said.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I never posted my Howa 'Miniaction' .300BLK...

50126052838_510646345f_c.jpg

Fun little rifle, and super quiet with 220gr subsonic rounds, though I was a little disappointed with the accuracy. Yesterday, I took it out with some cheap 125gr supers and it did this:

50126040373_78abe567be_c.jpg

Time to work up a handload for subs... I think all my accuracy problems were ammo related.

After putting 1000 rounds or so through the rental first gen vp9 my range has, and comparing it with a number of Glocks, Sigs, and the Beretta 92 I always returned to it. My hands and lizard brain just like it.

My wife also decided to come along and take a firearms class with me. She put a couple hundred rounds through the VP9 and she thoroughly enjoyed it so I might get another.

Looking forward to doing some more training with it.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Joining the HK master race, hard to go wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stop right there, owning a $700 pistol doesn't make you part of the "HK Master Race". It just puts you a notch above Glock owners.

you can say you're part of the "HK Master Race" when you sell a few of your organs to own an MP5, 416 or a 762MR

Going to take a break from guns for awhile and go back to collecting custom lightsabers.

Ooooh... sounds like we need a blasters and lightsabers thread! ;)

48397883762_928ae3716e_c.jpg

Edited by rodan

picked up my last two suppressors today. Going to take a break from guns for awhile and go back to collecting custom lightsabers.

A lightsaber replica that just happens to work and fit as a silencer - just remove some internals and it's ready to go.

With a laser pointer in it so you have an excuse at the shooting range as well - it's just to point with.

453747.png