LegacyGT.com

The Cell Phone Thread - So FJuan Stops Complaining

magnusonsubie

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the lightning to headphone jack adapter should let folks keep using the things above, though it's not a perfect solution... wonder if the jack will return in the 7S the way the microSD card slot returned in the Galaxy S7 after being eliminated for the S6...

I really like my Galaxy S5, but might upgrade to an S7 sometime soon since my contract is over. I have an iPhone 6S as my work cell... I definitely prefer Android (the big apple annoyance for me is having the location on/off buried in the settings under privacy, rather than in the pull up menu/control panel thing the way you can on the pull down menu in Android.

Squirt squirt squirt, I have a Galaxy S5 for over a year now. Flawless and does everything I want it to do. I'm tempted to switch to the S7, but I'll wait since my S5 is still working great.

Don't fix what's not broke.

I am using my S4 right meow to stream Spotify to the Chromecast since my S7 got left in Chicago and is in the mail.

:lol:

I am really, really happy with the S7 so far.

I am sure the iPhone is great, but it just isn't for me. Even after using iOS for a couple of years, I still don't like it.

You sir are 100% wrong

That being said I will stick with my Android that lets me do all of the following.

- Add removable storage (currently rocking 128gb sd, on top of the 64gb of phone storage)

- Customize the look of my phone from the look of the icons to colour of my notification text.

- Use my phone like a USB stick when I plug it into my computer.

- download music, movies and whatever else I like right to my phone without being stuck using crappy ITunes.

- Screen sharing, VR.....so many things to list.

I get it apple is simple, and easy to use...But being simple isn't always better.

The people who customize their cell phone are the same kind of people who also customize their vape pens. True story.

A lot more normal to do as you can own a car for 5-10 years, compete in racing events, car shows, a hobby, get laid....can you say the same about a cell phone that you'll probably own for 2-3 years tops?

Sure you can, you can take your cell phone to racing events, take pics at car shows, play games as a hobby, and call someone to get laid. Boom!!

My wife's balls are delicious.

You can use your phone to do just about everything... remote control things in your house, your car, drones, computers, monitor a data center, send email, make phone calls, get weather updates... :) . A phone is just as important if not more than having a car these days.

Why wouldn't modifying it make sense for those who find value in it? Modifying phones help drive innovation to make Operating Systems more efficient, find security holes, etc. Sure, you can do that with an iOS, my point is not to argue that. There is a sea of possibilities in being able to transform devices, and to give that power to the masses will help drive innovation faster.

Must be nice to live in a world and be so narrow minded.

I see what you ment to say, fixed for you.

:lol:

Android has had NFC capabilities for a long time, not many retailers cared until Apple got into it.

Android is the biggest knockoff ever.

iOS release date: June 29, 2007

Android: September 23, 2008

Android may have better specs but Apple will continue to dominate the consumer world.

So narrow minded. Its true I don't customize my phone for sport, or shows, or to get laid, but yes it is a hobby much like using Ras. Pi to automate a home, or building a carputer, or patio out back. I want to enjoy and use my phone to the best of its ability for the 2-3yrs I own it.

Choosing android and customizing falls down to a few basic key points one of those is wanting to improve on something that was great to begin with. Wanting to remove unnecessary features/software that I don't want or need to get the best possible speed or features available. Many things are locked or disabled from the service provider. Not due to limitations of the phone.

Much like many Apple users, you sir are a sheep. Take whatever a company gives you and accept it, love it, and believe that you need nothing else. That there lies the problem. A phone manufacture should not tell you how and what you can use your phone for. They should not limit you to what you can do based on the software they allow you to run.

If Apple took away the limitations, remove Itunes, safari, and the stupid Mail client to start, things could have been better, but they won't and is part of the reason they will never have anywhere close to the user base that android now has.

But hey your response is going to be its simple and easy to use, they are innovative....blah, blah, blah another Android fanboy...blah, blah, blah.

Meh you drive a subi so your still ok I guess :cool::lol:

Ha sheep? No, I just choose to not let Technology rule my life. I work for a tech company and am around technology and staring at a computer screen for 12-15 hours a day it is the last thing I want to do when i'm not at work.

I use my phone to call, text, instagram and listen to spotify.

Log my exercise routine? I use a notebook. Automation in my house? It's called I get off my ass and set the thermostat, flip a light switch and close my garage door myself because i'm not lazy nor has my life ever gotten so hectic that I can't do simple tasks. You should unplug yourself for once, it's pretty amazing. Go hike in the woods off the grid for a few days away from connection, you might just enjoy it. All of those things you both just mentioned are all available on iphone anyways, and it's nice to live a simple life where a cell phone is used minimally. Whenever I travel for work or anywhere for that matter everyone is stuffing their face in their phone and I'm not complaining.

The only app I wish that would be made would be from Cobb Tuning to integrate the Accessport in to the phone, i have no problem paying for the app/software and dongle

Btssm. Does everything an AP does except flash.

But android only because creative and custom :hide:

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

To monitor. I know of people completely stock with an ap just to monitor. Which btssm is great for monitoring, checking LV, and logging and I can do it all with my phone or tablet. Then to flash I just use openECU with my computer.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

To monitor. I know of people completely stock with an ap just to monitor. Which btssm is great for monitoring, checking LV, and logging and I can do it all with my phone or tablet. Then to flash I just use openECU with my computer.

Oh man...should we start the OS versus COBB debate too?

:hide:

Archived