LegacyGT.com

The Cell Phone Thread - So FJuan Stops Complaining

magnusonsubie

My OP5 arrived today. It's slim! Just plugged it in to charge. It was at 67% when it arrived, it's at 100% now and it's only been 15 mins! This thing charges fast! I haven't even turned it on yet. I'm waiting for my glass protector and case to come in before I start using it. I'm backing stuff off my iPhone 6S now and trying to clone it to an old iPhone 5c (I bought some apps that I'd like to keep using, too cheap to buy them for Android and some were iPhone specific apps for work).

It's so nice to have a large screen again and the freedom of Android.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My OP5 arrived today. It's slim! Just plugged it in to charge. It was at 67% when it arrived, it's at 100% now and it's only been 15 mins! This thing charges fast! I haven't even turned it on yet. I'm waiting for my glass protector and case to come in before I start using it. I'm backing stuff off my iPhone 6S now and trying to clone it to an old iPhone 5c (I bought some apps that I'd like to keep using, too cheap to buy them for Android and some were iPhone specific apps for work).

It's so nice to have a large screen again and the freedom of Android.

which screen protector and case did you go with?

I bought the glass one and red silicone off OP site. The otterbox doesn't work with their glass protector. I'm a believer in the glass. Saved quite a few phones.

I believe in the glass protector also. Just wish that the official OP screen protector didnt just stick on with its edges.

• 11 months later...
Anybody own the OnePlus 6 yet? Trying to decide between the 8GB/128GB OP6 or an S9. Costco has the S9 on sale for $579, plus a $100 Costco gift card rebate.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I've had a Samsung Android for 2 years but now it's dying. Got it for free for with a two year contract but now it's dying. And I've not downloaded more than two apps onto it. My two flip phones lasted 8 years each. Guess I know why it was free.

• I Donated
I've had a Samsung Android for 2 years but now it's dying. Got it for free for with a two year contract but now it's dying. And I've not downloaded more than two apps onto it. My two flip phones lasted 8 years each. Guess I know why it was free.

So, would you say that your phone is dying? :iam: Also, how much did you pay for it? :iam:

So, would you say that your phone is dying? :iam: Also, how much did you pay for it? :iam:

Don't make me slap you around, bitch. I will and I enjoy long drives. Think you can take an old, curmudgeony old man? Maybe you wife could, but you. HA! I would piss in your Captain Crunch with Crunchberries and make you cry.

And then perhaps yell, "Ha, ha!"

• 3 weeks later...
Bought a OnePlus 6 8GB/128 GB. Only had 2GB of installed apps. Has a nicer feel than my Axon 7, though that may change once I find a good case for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Bought my girlfriend an iPhone Xr for Xmas (unlocked from Apple store). She currently has Verizon, may switch to my plan on T-Mobile. Does anyone know if she will be able to switch? From what I've read, the phone locks to the carrier once you insert a SIM. Or is that only for phones bought in a carrier store?

Archived