LegacyGT.com

Who Else Makes LCA Bushings?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sent an email to Cygnus about doing a group buy!

SuperPro also has the +0.5* caster version: SPF4865K

If I had a sedan I would get caster adding ones. But since I'm on a tall wagon, I wanted to keep some of the understeer for snow safety.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I'm in for a group buy too.

Question. What the point in buying the castor ones ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Caster increases how much negative camber the wheel will gain as you turn it. Positive caster helps offset the negative effects of lots of Steering axis inclination that all strut cars have (gaining positive camber as you turn the wheel).

You can use this worksheet to calculate the difference.

22 Ascent STOCK

Caster increases how much negative camber the wheel will gain as you turn it. Positive caster helps offset the negative effects of lots of Steering axis inclination that all strut cars have (gaining positive camber as you turn the wheel).

You can use this worksheet to calculate the difference.

So since most of our cars are probably neutral or close to it we are actually leaning our front wheels outward as we turn. The caster bushings would correct that slightly and give us more traction into turns. Sound about right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Correct, more caster = more negative camber on outside wheel = more traction in a turn. Now keep in mind, the inside wheel's top should be point out (positive camber), that's on purpose.

When I first got the caster bushings for my LGT, I installed them to remove caster by accident (since I was used to old style control arms). Anyway, the difference form stock bushings to whiteline bushings was night and day, even though I decreased caster. Year or so later I realized my mistake, and rotated them to gain caster, once again the difference was pretty astonishing.

22 Ascent STOCK

Correct, more caster = more negative camber on outside wheel = more traction in a turn. Now keep in mind, the inside wheel's top should be point out (positive camber), that's on purpose.

When I first got the caster bushings for my LGT, I installed them to remove caster by accident (since I was used to old style control arms). Anyway, the difference form stock bushings to whiteline bushings was night and day, even though I decreased caster. Year or so later I realized my mistake, and rotated them to gain caster, once again the difference was pretty astonishing.

So if I am running some slight camber right now will they do much of anything ?

So if I am running some slight camber right now will they do much of anything ?

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=260777&stc=1&d=1515987999

Basically more caster, less static negative camber needed. There are limits to how much caster you want to run on a FWD car (~4* due to torque steer issues), but on RWD you see even 10*. AWD is kind of in between, so you should be fine to run 7-8*

1624471817_2012LGTCamber-CasterGraph.PNG.594f1de0bbdeaee636c0d0758833e21a.PNG

22 Ascent STOCK

Checked my alignment today by hand, was toeing in by 3/16"! When I went from stock to retrofitted Prothanes, car was Toeing out by 1/16", which my notes don't show me zeroing. So expect to need an alignment after installing new bushings.

This makes me wonder how off center my Prothanes were, or even how off center the stock ones were before too. If you take your car to an alignment shop this would show up as uneven caster. I would be curious to see people's before and after alignment sheets.

P.S. I'm talking to Cygnus about getting the group buy going. Should be able to do a tiered group buy.

22 Ascent STOCK

Alright those that are interested, send an email to Geoff at geoff@cygnusperformance.com or give him a call at (321) 600-0889 and mention this post. I'm not sure what the pricing will be, but he said he'll give a discount and free shipping.

Please note this is technically not a group buy, more like a group discount from an external site/vendor. Since he mainly deals with non-Legacies he doesn't have these bushings on his website yet.

Also please note that I'm not getting paid for this, I also have no investment in this, I'm just a happy customer spreading the joy :).

22 Ascent STOCK

Alright those that are interested, send an email to Geoff at geoff@cygnusperformance.com or give him a call at (321) 600-0889 and mention this post. I'm not sure what the pricing will be, but he said he'll give a discount and free shipping.

Please note this is technically not a group buy, more like a group discount from an external site/vendor. Since he mainly deals with non-Legacies he doesn't have these bushings on his website yet.

Also please note that I'm not getting paid for this, I also have no investment in this, I'm just a happy customer spreading the joy :).

Emailed earlier today ! No response yet though

Any idea on the price range? Are we talking $50, $100, $200, or more? I'm interested if it will solve my clunk, but only if it isn't too much. My wife isn't happy with the money I've spent on the car this year:wub:

Should be around $130, since that's how much the 05-09 kit costs, but might be more since it's new to market. Since I got mine on sale during BlackFriday mine was less then that. I'm hoping the prices should be less then $130 with 5+ people buying at once.

22 Ascent STOCK

I use toe plates, my driveway is not level enough for strings to work accurately, and they take way too long to setup. With toe plates I was able to check, and reset my alignment to 1/32" toe in on my lunch break.

The key with toe plates is, making sure both outer tie rods are equal distance compared to the inner ones.

22 Ascent STOCK

I found some on a Russian website. Seems like there are a lot of options

http://www.polyurethan.ru/es/category/subaru-legacy-1295-1295/all/

I'm not seeing any 2010+ bushings, just the 05-09 ones. Mind direct linking?

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived