LegacyGT.com

Who Else Makes LCA Bushings?

Thus set adds .75 degrees positive caster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Before you open it, that's the 63k kit, which is the 0 caster one. I can even see that it's 0 caster one through the plastic.

SuperPro finally came out with their bushings for the 2010-2014's.

Stock Caster: SPF4863K

+0.5* Caster: SPF4865K

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before you open it, that's the 63k kit, which is the 0 caster one. I can even see that it's 0 caster one through the plastic.
I was gonna ask, I went by his email. I didn't notice any offset anywhere or alignment marks.

I would definitely ask. He might have sent the wrong one. Though one thing I'm not sure about (and forgot to ask personally) is if the discount was for SPF4863K only.
He asked which version I wanted and I specifically said the caster version.

He asked which version I wanted and I specifically said the caster version.

Yeah I would shoot him an email about it, he probably mistakenly shipped you these.

22 Ascent STOCK

• 2 weeks later...

Put couple hundred miles on it so far, no creeks! Finally got a chance to drive over Costco sized speedbumps and no creeks too.

One thing I will say, I think need to add a little more toe in, at highway speeds car is a little wondery, I have 1/32" toe in right now. But I don't think this is bushing related, I think stock suspension compresses too much and toes out when going 70mph.

22 Ascent STOCK

Why not zero? Although 1/32" seems almost like zero no?
At speed, there is resistance induced into the suspension from the weight of the car traveling forward and the friction of the rolling tires on the road, this "pressure" wants to push the wheels rearward and flexes the front LCA bushingspushing the tires back and making them toe out a little, that's why you want some toe in, to account for that and achieve 0 toe at speed.

Thanks GTEASER, couldn't have said it better myself.

I see. How about the rear?

Rear end squats, either due to weight transfer or due to cargo. I'm not 100% sure if our rear toe's in or out when suspension compresses, but if it toes out then you'll want a good amount of static toe in, because 0 toe or toe out in rear makes the car be very unstable.

If our suspension toes in on compression, then we can get away with running less, but keep in mind the car will become much more tail happy with reduction of toe in. Basically you can fine tune the car balance (from neutral to oversteer to understeer) with rear toe.

22 Ascent STOCK

Thanks guys. I believe our cars toe in in the rear when the suspension compresses. Right now, I set (the best I could using the string method :spin:) toe to zero both front and rear on the 05 (about stock ride height ~ 8.7" ground clearance). We've been on a few short road trips and it felt fine so far.

General rule of thumb....if the toe arms are shorter than the control arms, they will toe in with suspension compression or extension, and only hold your static toe setting when the suspension is at its static point. The farther the travel, either up or down, away from the static point, the more extreme the resultant change will be.

• 2 months later...
Alright those that are interested, send an email to Geoff at geoff@cygnusperformance.com or give him a call at (321) 600-0889 and mention this post. I'm not sure what the pricing will be, but he said he'll give a discount and free shipping.

Please note this is technically not a group buy, more like a group discount from an external site/vendor. Since he mainly deals with non-Legacies he doesn't have these bushings on his website yet.

Also please note that I'm not getting paid for this, I also have no investment in this, I'm just a happy customer spreading the joy :).

Gave Geoff a call, not much of a group guy or discount. Price is $110 shipped as shown on the website. But seeing there aren't much option to go with. I'll still bite. #Supportlocalsmallbusiness

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Oh cool he posted them to the site. $110 is pretty damn good imo, about what I paid on Black Friday sales. Alternative is Mann Engineering for $130 + S&H. Or eBay for $111 + $31 S&H form land down under. I wonder if Cygnus posted the same price on his website as he was offering people on here.

Either way, I'm loving mine. Car handles great with even the +0 caster kit, no clunks anymore too. It did really good in the snow, I was worried that it would oversteer too easily, but overall was very stable still.

22 Ascent STOCK

Stock Caster: SPF4863K

+0.5* Caster: SPF4865K

Yes I found those, what I meant is, it's been 3 months already, there is a good chance he just posted them to the website at the same group pricing. Everyone else is still $130+ with shipping.

22 Ascent STOCK

Oh cool he posted them to the site. $110 is pretty damn good imo, about what I paid on Black Friday sales. Alternative is Mann Engineering for $130 + S&H. Or eBay for $111 + $31 S&H form land down under. I wonder if Cygnus posted the same price on his website as he was offering people on here.

He must've posted the "discount price" on the website then.

Price is good, I'm not complaining!

Just wished he would've posted a higher price on the site so I get the feeling that I saved by calling in and mentioning this post. :lol:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

He must've posted the "discount price" on the website then.

Price is good, I'm not complaining!

Just wished he would've posted a higher price on the site so I get the feeling that I saved by calling in and mentioning this post. :lol:

:lol:, Yeah, as I mentioned a post above, it has been 3 months already, either GB price became website price or GB "ended". Others that bought might be able to chime in with how much their set was.

22 Ascent STOCK

• 2 months later...

So, the Super Pro bushings are the ones to get at this point? I just tried to order a set form Cygnus Performance and see they are out of the office till July...:( I was looking to do my Koni's, Eibach's and bushings next weekend. I don't find any other US vendors aside from Cygnus for the Super Pro bushings either.

Anyone want to sell a set they have on the shelve and I'll sell you mine when I get them?

I guess I can just put the Koni's and Eibach's in next weekend, get the alignment and then put the LCA bushings in later.

Are any other bushings good to do in the LCA?

Are any other bushings good to do in the LCA?

I'm running the AVO 0 degree caster correction LCA bushings, so much nicer than the stock ones

https://www.wpdusa.com/products/40904/246883-AVO-Suspension-Front-Lower-Control-Arm-Bushing-0-00-Caster-Adj-2010-Legacy-Outback-S1B10M1GV002T.aspx?crumbs=C0&parentbrand=CPm4zDlF10G0M9T6YXrE4w2

Thanks Zee! I ordered a set of the AVO's, I just can't wait for the Super Pro's to get here. I would really like to just take care of everything while I have things apart to install the Koni's/Eibach's.

Just needed a little bit of positive feed back on the AVO's.:)

Thanks Zee! I ordered a set of the AVO's, I just can't wait for the Super Pro's to get here. I would really like to just take care of everything while I have things apart to install the Koni's/Eibach's.

Just needed a little bit of positive feed back on the AVO's.:)

In my mind it makes things far more difficult to do the lower control arm bushings at the same time as the struts because the entire steering knuckle and brakes will be just hanging from the axle if you do it all at the same time.

Do the struts, make sure it's all bolted in and working properly with no noises, and then tackle the lower control arms, which really are a fairly straight forward easy job to remove and reinstall.

Thanks GTEASER! I just meant I wanted t do it while I had the car up on the rack and had the wheels off. Having the axle and steering knuckle just hanging there would make it much more difficult.

Thanks for the heads up!

Archived