LegacyGT.com

Questions From a New 2007 Legacy Owner

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally splurged on an Openport 2.0. Just messing around on my ride to school, but I noticed the knock count was at 30 by the end of my drive. I never noticed any noises once the idle dropped, but the knock count continued to rise on my drive. Should I be worried? I haven't changed the timing belt yet, but I read somewhere that might be the case. Maybe should do that since I still need to remove some banjo bolt filters.

I'll record a log and post it here on my ride home today.

Here's the log I took yesterday. I had some heavy acceleration in there to see if that caused the knocks. I also disabled CL to OL delay as per forum recommendation. Sorry about how much it is. I don't mean to data dump. I'm just worried about the supposed knock that my car is picking up.

romraiderlog_20160929_173413.csv

I'll leave the data log to the experts.

I think some say a bad pulley can cause a knock indication. Not sure the belt itself will cause it.

How many miles on the belt ?

Replace the pulleys too and a OEM water pump. I'm one of the few that had to replace the Gates water pump at 20,000 miles.

You will have a hard time pulling the cam gears to get that one banjo filter out, if your going to do that, make sure you have the proper hex bit.

You can just cut the top off banjo bolt and it will slide out. See HAMMERDOWN's thread on it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'll leave the data log to the experts.

I think some say a bad pulley can cause a knock indication. Not sure the belt itself will cause it.

How many miles on the belt ?

Replace the pulleys too and a OEM water pump. I'm one of the few that had to replace the Gates water pump at 20,000 miles.

You will have a hard time pulling the cam gears to get that one banjo filter out, if your going to do that, make sure you have the proper hex bit.

You can just cut the top off banjo bolt and it will slide out. See HAMMERDOWN's thread on it.

^ good post here.

I've also had to replace the water pump from a gates kit after 32,000 miles. Went all OEM with the replacement parts. Id recommend a new tensioner, idlers, pulleys, thermostat, and belt while you're in there.

Archived