LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Saw a new 18 limited legacy today in white. I gotta admit only a drop and wheels is really all it needs to look pretty aggressive. the new foglight bezels are really sharp

Too bad they're all CVT garbage.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Those and a wagon body, and I would put down a deposit tomorrow.

But what I really want is a turbo 6MT Levorg Spec.B.

I'm actually closer to buying a pre-'10 Legacy/Outback turbo than I am to any new Subaru today, which should probably be a pretty big signal to SoA.

I'm actually closer to buying a pre-'10 Legacy/Outback turbo than I am to any new Subaru today, which should probably be a pretty big signal to SoA.

Unfortunately it's not a signal at all. They don't need to cater to their enthusiast market as much as you'd think. Enthusiasts are a very small percentage of owners and in any manufacturer's eyes, the BRZ, WRX and STI is is enough. They sell a shitload of plain jane Outbacks and foresters, I bet the xt take rate is low enough to justify not bothering with a performance version of any other model.

Unfortunately it's not a signal at all. They don't need to cater to their enthusiast market as much as you'd think. Enthusiasts are a very small percentage of owners and in any manufacturer's eyes, the BRZ, WRX and STI is is enough. They sell a shitload of plain jane Outbacks and foresters, I bet the xt take rate is low enough to justify not bothering with a performance version of any other model.

I hear what you're saying.

But I wonder what the case was for not bringing any Levorg into the US market. I really like the looks of the new Outback, but it's too big a car for me and I like sleek cars over butch, plastic-clad cars.

They don't sell nearly enough of anything wagon shaped without it being 'ruggedized' in some way. Look at the golf wagon. That's now an alltrak thing with plastic cladding. The Audi Allroad has always been a 'rugged' wagoncar thing. The new Buick regal wagon came to the US Market with plastic cladding.

The levorg is too car-like. Why bother bringing it here when they'll sell a hundred thousand outbacks in the time it would take them to move a thousand Levorgs?

Stopped in to talk to my local Subaru dealership about when they expect to see the Ascent make it's debut. They said they don't have any pricing, or other information as of yet but they'll contact me as soon as they do. What they've heard is late Spring as a 2019.

If they do this right, and there's every indication that they took what they learned from Tribeca and added-in the benefits of the new Subaru Global Platform to make this a home run right out of the box. There is pent-up demand for a true Subaru mid-size SUV, so I'm optimistic it'll not outstrip capacity.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

But I wonder what the case was for not bringing any Levorg into the US market. I really like the looks of the new Outback, but it's too big a car for me and I like sleek cars over butch, plastic-clad cars.

The SGP is the reason, they aren't going to import cars to the U.S. if they can meet demand with the Indiana plant. If you want a wagon there is an impreza, outback, arguably crosstrek. What broad sales purpose would the levorg serve?

Having said that maybe in the future regulations can be modeled in a global fashion so any car can be imported to the U.S. and sold on demand instead of stockpiling and then trying to sell masses of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The Levorg itself is an upscale car. The 170hp base model would cost over $30k and wouldn't fit Subaru pricing. Subaru would have to decontent it to fit the US pricing structure. Also Subaru doesn't make 6MT Levorg that you want anywhere. They are all CVT. I think all the 2.0L Turbo models are also all left hand drive as well. (Japan & Australia)

The levorg is too car-like. Why bother bringing it here when they'll sell a hundred thousand outbacks in the time it would take them to move a thousand Levorgs?

Agreed. The traditional sedan height wagon (ie 4th Gen Legacy Wagon) is now currently about 0.1% of US sales or 20K vehicles out of 18M total US sales Even if Subaru expands that market, it going to hard to make it worthwhile to sell them. It would make a couple thousand enthusiasts happy, but that is about it. Maybe this is obvious but if Subaru wanted to make a 5 door WRX or STI, they have much better sales success if they sold a hatch vs Levorg Wagon as well. The current US sales climate is just not favorable for wagons except is the small corners of the web.

Edited by dgoodhue

• 2 weeks later...

My lgt is nearly 10 years old. My wifes leggy is 7 years old. Definitely time to buy new. We are looking at 3 row suvs and test drove a 17 Ford Explorer, 18 Acura MDX, 17 Honda Pilot Elite, 18 Toyota Highlander Limited.

Surprised of the Explorers acceleration and torque, but a twin turbo 4 cylinder just doesnt seem right. Its definitely a fast suv but touchy gas pedal and always get pushed back into the seat. Love the interior and space and ventilated seats and quiet cabin.

Acura dealer was just too aggressive and pushy salesman and management. As for the ride we liked it but felt heavy and tight.

Honda guy didnt have any knowledge on what he was selling but we like the ride and seemed spacious out of the bunch.

Toyota Highlander won us over. Might have to build an 18 since not many 17s really left around. Most likely will go to another dealer since the salesman seemed to want to build an 18 like we wantes with ventilated seats and a 2nd row bench. Je said only captains chairs come with ventilated front driverand passenger seats.

We are not in a rush but seem to havepur minds set. The Cx9 and Durango was on our minds but havent test drove them yet. Pathfinder doesnt look appealing either. Jeep Cherokee looks nice but family has had badluck with jeeps in general.

Your input is appreciated.

Highlander seems to be our pick so far. Luckily there are 3 toyota dealers here in vegas. Sadly subaru would be #1 pick if it wasnt a 1st gen 3 row. There will be too many kinks although we like how it looks we just wont wait for it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

My lgt is nearly 10 years old. My wifes leggy is 7 years old. Definitely time to buy new. We are looking at 3 row suvs and test drove a 17 Ford Explorer, 18 Acura MDX, 17 Honda Pilot Elite, 18 Toyota Highlander Limited.

Surprised of the Explorers acceleration and torque, but a twin turbo 4 cylinder just doesnt seem right. Its definitely a fast suv but touchy gas pedal and always get pushed back into the seat. Love the interior and space and ventilated seats and quiet cabin.

Acura dealer was just too aggressive and pushy salesman and management. As for the ride we liked it but felt heavy and tight.

Honda guy didnt have any knowledge on what he was selling but we like the ride and seemed spacious out of the bunch.

Toyota Highlander won us over. Might have to build an 18 since not many 17s really left around. Most likely will go to another dealer since the salesman seemed to want to build an 18 like we wantes with ventilated seats and a 2nd row bench. Je said only captains chairs come with ventilated front driverand passenger seats.

We are not in a rush but seem to havepur minds set. The Cx9 and Durango was on our minds but havent test drove them yet. Pathfinder doesnt look appealing either. Jeep Cherokee looks nice but family has had badluck with jeeps in general.

Your input is appreciated.

Highlander seems to be our pick so far. Luckily there are 3 toyota dealers here in vegas. Sadly subaru would be #1 pick if it wasnt a 1st gen 3 row. There will be too many kinks although we like how it looks we just wont wait for it.

Out of those I would choose the highlander as well. The explorer has a tight 3rd row and it's almost impossible to get to comfortably, and it's uncomfortable to sit in. The cx9 is also a small 3rd row, but has really good reviews.

I'm guessing you aren't considering a minivan? Those have the most usable space and absolute comfortable seating for everyone.

I've seen a few SS's around with Holden badges.

Think I've seen one around here as well.

I was watching a recent MCM meet video, and had to rewind and double check, but someone had brought a VF Commodore sedan that had been re-badged as a Chevy SS. People always want what they can't have...

Out of those I would choose the highlander as well. The explorer has a tight 3rd row and it's almost impossible to get to comfortably, and it's uncomfortable to sit in. The cx9 is also a small 3rd row, but has really good reviews.

I'm guessing you aren't considering a minivan? Those have the most usable space and absolute comfortable seating for everyone.

The only way my wife would drive a minivan is if i trade my lgt or sell it. We all know that isnt happening. Lol...i want the minivan though.

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

The only way my wife would drive a minivan is if i trade my lgt or sell it. We all know that isnt happening. Lol...i want the minivan though.

My wife wanted nothing to do with them, until she actually got in one and drove it around, she loves that thing now. I still am indifferent to it, but bordering on disdain for it and how much it is costing, lol. It cannot be beat for space and comfort though, gas mileage is pretty good too 22+mpg mixed 25+hwy.

• I Donated
My wife wanted nothing to do with them, until she actually got in one and drove it around, she loves that thing now. I still am indifferent to it, but bordering on disdain for it and how much it is costing, lol. It cannot be beat for space and comfort though, gas mileage is pretty good too 22+mpg mixed 25+hwy.
If you need a third row, there is no better option than a Honda Odyssey, IMO.