LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

• I Donated
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe headgaskets were a more consistent and widespread failure than ringlands.
Only on NA EJs. Turbo EJs have semiclosed decks and beefier headgaskets, so the headgaskets generally don't fail, but they do have a chance of predetonation at high boost, which is a good way to destroy ringlands, especially on large diameter cast pistons. The 2.0s were also much less likely to blow ringlands because the pistons were smaller and stronger.

Only on NA EJs. Turbo EJs have semiclosed decks and beefier headgaskets, so the headgaskets generally don't fail, but they do have a chance of predetonation at high boost, which is a good way to destroy ringlands, especially on large diameter cast pistons. The 2.0s were also much less likely to blow ringlands because the pistons were smaller and stronger.
Wasn't the ringland issue also attributed to a too narrow ring gap. I would say the head gasket failures in the na engines far outpaced the ringland issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• I Donated
Wasn't the ringland issue also attributed to a too narrow ring gap.

Whether or not it was, both too-narrow ring gap and large-diameter pistons are the result of trying to fit four 0.625 liter cylinders horizontally between the frame rails. The only other Subaru engines with anywhere near that large a cylinder up until the FA24DIT have been the NA EJ25s and the EZ36, and both of those engines are NA, so there's not as much chance of predetonation.

I would say the head gasket failures in the na engines far outpaced the ringland issues.

Uh, yeah, because there are like 20 non-turbo Subarus for every one turbo one.

That could add to the problem, but with as lean as the stock tunes are, detonation and burnt valves are more common than they should be. They usually show up on cylinder 4 first, which is suckling on the proverbial hind teat on the fuel rail, so it'll run out of fuel first (hence the knock sensor being right on top of #4). The tight end gap on the rings was the main cause for the FB25 burning a lot of oil- the gap would close up when things got toasty, which would hog out the bores. If that gets really bad, it can result in the rings sticking in the bores and hammering on the lands until they break, but I'd expect that to be more-or-less uniform across all cylinders, rather than more common in #4.

That said, I somehow misplaced 1.5 qt. of oil in the Baja over the last 5000 miles, and I'm pretty sure most of it came out between the heads and the case halves, so NA head gasket issues are definitely a thing.

This.

Stinger GT Limited (which is like a GT2 in the US but with suede headliner, 360 camera, rear heated seats, and wireless phone charging) black leather, 3M hood film, 5% window tint, Blizzaks installed in addition to the Pilot Sport 4s tires. Got 5 % off MSRP and the above stuff thrown in.

Went for a drive and it was everything I want. Transmission was excellent. Its fast and sounds great. And in deep snow it's a champ. Every bit as good as the Legacy.

The LGT is officially up for sale. Didn't trade. 6c0f1ceaa2e1b35d48b8b21d8ac14f52.jpgf93dedb5681ef8d6829a276e5ad1199a.jpg

Damn, sad to see you go Brandon. Sounds like the Stinger is gonna be loads of fun tho

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Who says I'm leaving? I will probably keep lurking with all the other weirdos on here who don't have one anymore or who claim to have one locked up in the garage....plus I still need to find a buyer.

Are there any Canadians on here that need an upgrade from a 2.5slow? I need to enable them in no uncertain terms.

Just bought a 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD after a test drive when the dealer agreed to sell it at invoice. It's an amazing car for those who don't suffer from marque snobbery.

We just watched The Grand Tour episode where May drives the GT, and my wife said, "but it's a Kia".

Regardless, I think it's awesome.

"But it's a Kia" will be heard a lot, but I can attest that is utter BS. Amazing car in stock tune, and I can't wait to see what the aftermarket will provide. My LGT taught me that I would be rewarded with patience, and the potential of the Stinger is insane.

"But it's a Kia" will be heard a lot, but I can attest that is utter BS. Amazing car in stock tune, and I can't wait to see what the aftermarket will provide. My LGT taught me that I would be rewarded with patience, and the potential of the Stinger is insane.
That makes two of us. I'm loving mine. All kinds of great touches... Like the fenders are rolled from the factory. You can choose what audio sources the toggle on the wheel includes. You can configure everything. I love the oil temp, boost, torque gauges and full color display between the analog gauges.

Is it true that you don't get the suede headliner, wireless charging, 360 camera, spare tire, or heated rear seats down in 'Murica (or is that a myth?)

That makes two of us. I'm loving mine. All kinds of great touches... Like the fenders are rolled from the factory. You can choose what audio sources the toggle on the wheel includes. You can configure everything. I love the oil temp, boost, torque gauges and full color display between the analog gauges.

Is it true that you don't get the suede headliner, wireless charging, 360 camera, spare tire, or heated rear seats down in 'Murica (or is that a myth?)

The real question is how does the old butt dyno like those two turbos on that V6. :cool:

Here in NorCal, dealer offered $5-7K lease cash on various GT models and they said I could buy out the lease after 1 month, effectively getting $5-7k off MSRP for a purchase.

Family didn't like the seats that much - preferred the Q50, so I'm looking at a 3.0T AWD Sport. Delicious has a tune for them that puts them over 400 hp.

The real question is how does the old butt dyno like those two turbos on that V6. :cool:
It's quick and sounds good. My butt Dyno says that it's slightly quicker than the LGT with the 94 octane etune. It's a bit heavier but more power and very fast trans. There is no noticable turbo lag.

Here in NorCal, dealer offered $5-7K lease cash on various GT models and they said I could buy out the lease after 1 month, effectively getting $5-7k off MSRP for a purchase.

Family didn't like the seats that much - preferred the Q50, so I'm looking at a 3.0T AWD Sport. Delicious has a tune for them that puts them over 400 hp.

Q50 is a solid choice from a "sexy semi-luxury" standpoint. As a former Nissan owner though, I'm leery of its reliability. Genuinely don't think I'd say no to one though LOL

Q50 is a solid choice from a "sexy semi-luxury" standpoint. As a former Nissan owner though, I'm leery of its reliability. Genuinely don't think I'd say no to one though LOL

Hmm. Guess I always thought of the G35/G37 as pretty reliable.. Seriously looked into a G37x a couple of years ago..