LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

If you need a third row, there is no better option than a Honda Odyssey, IMO.

That is what we got, a 2014 CPO ex-L, the packaging Honda uses is asinine but I guess they know what they are doing. To get the power rear gate you have to step up to the ex-l or better. Maybe they have the special edition that was cloth, but only 7 passenger...can't remember it all but we ended up with the ex-l with sunroof we never use.

...We are looking at 3 row suvs and test drove a 17 Ford Explorer, 18 Acura MDX, 17 Honda Pilot Elite, 18 Toyota Highlander Limited.

Surprised of the Explorers acceleration and torque, but a twin turbo 4 cylinder just doesnt seem right. Its definitely a fast suv but touchy gas pedal and always get pushed back into the seat...

If you were in a fast Explorer, it likely had the 3.5 twin turbo V6, very nice.

My wife and I went through this exercise last year when the trans starting going out in her RX350. It was the last straw with that car as we'd had transfer case and engine problems previously. Based on that we ruled out anything with the Toyota 3.5L powertrain. It was likely bad luck that we had so many issues as that powertrian is put in hundreds of thousands of vehicles.

We narrowed it down to the Pilot and MDX. The MDX seemed to drive smaller than the Pilot so that's what she got. The third row is only used occasionally so comfort back there wasn't a huge priority. The 5k tow rating was on the wish list but not a solid requirement.

im so jealous, i wanted an ss 6 speed and shopped around for one for quite a while. Found 2, one in red like yours but no one wanted to make a deal. I had just missed the rebates and no one wanted to extend the offer with the rebate to me. Then i found an SS 1LE, white with 3 miles on it, which is currently my dream car. They don't wanna work with me on those either. I can't afford a 43K car payment, so right now stuck in this pos LGT. If i didn't just build the motor i'd be in a new chevy right now. Maybe next year, but only if I can get 10K plus for the LGT, which means ill probably be driving the LGT into the ground lol.

• I Donated

The 1LE is a package on the Camaro SS, not the SS. On the SS, the only two options are sunroof and spare tire.

There are no more new manual SSes available, anyway. The 20% off closeout this month wiped them out in the first couple of days.

Yes i know the camaro ss 1le is what i was talking about. and what an animal it is.

Wait, so there was another 20% deal on the ss sedan and i missed it!?

the dealer promised to call me -_- mother f i wish i knew about that.

Motor Trend reports:

"Powertrain details were slim, but the new car boasts a 200-kilowatt-hour battery pack and three electric motors good for a claimed 10,000 Nm (roughly 7,376 lb-ft of torque). "

Is there a physicist in the house. wouldn't that incinerate the tires. or turn it into a drift machine? They may need to add weight to keep it planted.

^ I get the feeling that the Transportation Department will start to crack down on this hyperspeed of super EVs. People may start to pull too many G's. remember these specs are the LOW end car.

Would that be before or after they start cracking down on all the modified vehicles since ohhh I don't know the 50s...lol. I think the DOT has enough to worry about that they will leave traffic enforcement to the local governments.

As for tire roasting...there is this little known thing called traction control, :p

• I Donated
Yes i know the camaro ss 1le is what i was talking about. and what an animal it is.

Wait, so there was another 20% deal on the ss sedan and i missed it!?

the dealer promised to call me -_- mother f i wish i knew about that.

It's still on, but no more manuals left. Only autos. The manuals mostly sold out in the first three days.

Would that be before or after they start cracking down on all the modified vehicles since ohhh I don't know the 50s...lol. I think the DOT has enough to worry about that they will leave traffic enforcement to the local governments.

As for tire roasting...there is this little known thing called traction control, :p

Well they are doing something. These EVs have to start making sounds soon. Don't want folks severed in two ala Death Race.

One secret weapon these EVs have is their weight. Take the Model X ludicrous mode. That much torque would cause wheel spin in a 3500 lb car. add 2000 lbs, problem solved.

As far as the torque figure, that'll be the absolute maximum torque the motors can produce, which would be at the highest power input and 0 rotational speed. This link has some surprisingly easy-to-digest info on the topic: http://lancet.mit.edu/motors/motors3.html

Skip to the torque/speed curves section if you don't care to have a physics lesson, but basically, speed and torque are inversely proportional. I'm sure they've done some number crunching to see exactly how much juice they can feed the motors before they overcome static friction (ie. break the tires loose). I'll bet traction control is way easier, too, since you can predetermine a lot of the limiting conditions mathematically, at least if you have good grip.

Well they are doing something. These EVs have to start making sounds soon. Don't want folks severed in two ala Death Race.

One secret weapon these EVs have is their weight. Take the Model X ludicrous mode. That much torque would cause wheel spin in a 3500 lb car. add 2000 lbs, problem solved.

That regulation started long ago when the first electric only modes were available on cars. For pedestrian and bicyclist safety.

The general theory is for the auto industry is, once cars are safe enough to protect the people in them the focus will be to protect those around them. You can see this in designs for front ends aimed at pedestrian safety.

There is also some videos on YouTube showing a tesla strapped to a dyno maxing out around 950 lb ft because of traction limitations so I can imagine what a bigger battery and more powerful motors will be able to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

Shouldn't be too bad, as long as you can get to the requested torque value tables for both the electric and ICE sides. Even if all you get is one table, you change the scaling based on the changes you want to make to the ICE, and the electric motors will keep doing whatever they were going to do initially.

I'd be more concerned about the fact that it'll probably be a CVT- the electric motor in the Crosstrek hybrid was in the transmission connected to the input pulley with some sort of clutch or something (far as I can tell from the 3 pictures I just looked at), and I feel like it'd be tricky to manage an electric motor on the input shaft on a manual transmission. Maybe with a sprag clutch and a carefully adjusted clutch pedal switch that shuts the electric motor off somewhere in the pedal slop before the clutch actually starts to disengage?