LegacyGT.com

I had a great day in my LGT today. Anyone else?

I think just about every day is a great day for me and my LGT... Wake up, open the sunroof, drive the 1.5 miles to work, go home for lunch, drive back, and back home in the evening... Its like your floating on air... running through the clouds... LOL

Anyways, one of the best days was just after having washed it, opened all the windows and just cruised for a while. No reason, just drove... I gotta do that again since I just put in my subs... could add some to that driving experience :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw your post in another section.

What kind of tendencies did the car have? I noticed your suspension isn't stock, but it's good knowledge anyway.

I'm heading up to the Wiregrass Region SCCA event in Dothan, Alabama next weekend. I'm not entierly sure I'm going to enter (going with a friend and his stupid fast '95 Mustang GT) but I'd certainly like an idea of what to expect before I go :D

"Doooooothaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, AL"! ok i listen to way to much JB&B in the mornings! anyhoo, i trick myself into thinking everyday is a good day in my car (ya know, being turbo deficient just sucks ass). as long as i got the windows down and the roof back, im a happy camper.

Kenda:dm:

Actually I only drove about 10 miles in the Legacy yesterday, but I loved every minute. I spent 9 aweful hours in a rental Taurus driving from Cleveland to Wabash Indiana and back. The fine ford product had a screaming noise coming from the dash at any speeds above 65. It was kinda like sitting close to the buzzer on an oven letting you know the food is done. I was praying that the car would finally burst into flames and burn to a bare frame just so the noise would stop. So needless to say; the 15 minutes spent in the Legacy was wonderful. I love my LGT.

Matt

Typically, I drive my LGT to work and back, and usually that suffices. But over the last few weeks I have been taken it out for quick strolls around town.

I live near Sun Valley, Idaho, land of the giant SUV and huge never to see offroad Truck. There are moments when I can burst the power of my car around corners or quickly past dawdling gigantocars leaving them in my wake like a cow walking away from the feed bin.

And always, the moments like this register the same fleeting thought in my head...

"I love this car"

My drive to work sucked today. I had to deal with dodging rocks from several dump trucks. Also, I have come to the conclusion that I am starting to get bored with the Leggy. I have two years to go on the lease so I am kind of stuck. I am thinking a Mustang GT or a GTO would be fun.

My drive to work sucked today. I had to deal with dodging rocks from several dump trucks. Also, I have come to the conclusion that I am starting to get bored with the Leggy. I have two years to go on the lease so I am kind of stuck. I am thinking a Mustang GT or a GTO would be fun.

Driving in traffic pretty well sucks regardless of the car. I was driving behind a Ferrari F355 a couple of days ago and hearing that lovely engine trying to get free of the gridlock must've sucked for its owner. Dodging rocks with it would have sucked worse. :)

Why would the Mustang or GTO be more fun? Just curious. I agree, both would be fun around a track or with a big tire budget (love oversteer). But in regular spirited driving, can't see how these heavy-feeling cars would be more fun than the turbo-charged lightness of being that is the Legacy GT.

Hey intercede007,

I just moved from Niceville to Defuniak springs about 40 mins north of Destin. Finally someone who lives near me, I thought i was the only one in the panhandle with a subie LGT.

- Luminati

I've been driving my car to work for the past few days, and it is always fun! The most fun was today when in one of those weird moments the planets align and there is a open stretch of road on the BQE going back home during rush hour. The best part is to see a Mini S behind your tail and gunning it, and have him not be able to catch up. Once it does the driver gives you a look like "that is one fast Camry?!" Just to read your on the tail that it is a Subaru. That is fun as hell! Of course everything is kept under the speed limit ;) But that really gets the adrenaline pumping! Can't wait to start modding her. Also with the beautiful weather I try to open the sunroof everytime I can. get my money's worth for paying more for the limited!

X

---

Great day in my LGT today too. I rarely drive it anymore, as my beater car gets the better mileage, but I attended an impreza meet tonight with the nasioc mid-a crew.

This car is way too much fun to drive. I can't believe I'm selling her, but I haven't been trying too hard. this is why.

I've been driving my car to work for the past few days, and it is always fun! The most fun was today when in one of those weird moments the planets align and there is a open stretch of road on the BQE going back home during rush hour. The best part is to see a Mini S behind your tail and gunning it, and have him not be able to catch up. Once it does the driver gives you a look like "that is one fast Camry?!" Just to read your on the tail that it is a Subaru. That is fun as hell! Of course everything is kept under the speed limit ;) But that really gets the adrenaline pumping! Can't wait to start modding her. Also with the beautiful weather I try to open the sunroof everytime I can. get my money's worth for paying more for the limited!

X

how about being first car at the red light manhattan end of williamsburg bridge. light turns green, smoke an A4. did it last week.:lol::D

answer to the question about my headlights - umm... that's not my car, and I photochopped the heck out of the picture. It is a JDM Legacy GT wagon; mine is a Legacy GT Limited USDM wagon.

Anyway, Tuesday I put nearly 400 miles on the Legacy. A friend of mine and I drove from Boston up to Northeast Kingdom in Vermont to ride mountain bikes for 6 hours. With two passengers, our gear, and two bikes on the top, averaging about 75+ with bursts to 95, we averaged 21.5mpg. The seats were even comfortable after the ride for the ride home. Slow drivers were dispatched.. with ease. And JazzyMT's iPod interface worked like a champ the whole way up - we didn't listen to a single song twice.

Albert

Yea did 600 miles through Cental NY last weekend great ride. Found a lost mountain road and took it for an hour to nowhere and all i saw was motorcycles and a hooked up STI enjoting the same road.

• 5 weeks later...

I had to bump this as today was one of those days and I immediately thought of this thread.

So, anyways, I woke up nice and late (~10 AM) and found that I had a nice list of errands to run today waiting for me. One of the things was running out to an antique shop to find some type of end-table for my mother. I was cool with that as it is a nice country road, generally not too busy and has a couple twists. I was cruising along with the sunroof open, music pumping and a smile on my face. The temp display said 64, my gas gauge was just under a quarter full, but the gas station was only $2.79 for 93. After filling up, I notice that my odometer reads "1040." Break-in is officially over. I eased out of the gas station, waited for any nearby traffic to distance themselves, and opened her up. Good God why didn't someone tell me there was such a difference?? Needless to say, I enjoyed the rest of the ride as well as a good chunk of gas.

And, since I know you're wondering, the antique shop didn't have anything suitable. I did, however, spend a good 5 minutes trying to explain to some old guy why my "hood has a hole and the rear has two tailpipes."

Everyday in my LGT is a great day. I'm on 1600-ish miles and so far it's wonderful. I'm like the ONLY guy in my area (Greeneville, TN) with this car.

There's nothing like shining her up and taking her for a drive with no destination is mind. :icon_bigg

Archived