LegacyGT.com

I had a great day in my LGT today. Anyone else?

In any automotive forum, it seems like the brand specific sections are littered with posts of problems, complaints, whinning and just generally depressing stuff.

This evening, I'd like to start a thread for people that had a great day in their car!

If anyone has ever been to Destin, Florida, they have a fair idea of what today was like. 79 degrees, light wind coming off of the Gulf, clear skies, calm seas and that famous emerald water.

I took a drive down Highway 98 with the panoramic sunroof open (Wagon Style :D ), windows down and some Sublime going through my speakers. Traffic was light and the sun was just going down over the horizon. I had just washed and waxed the car a few hours earlier and the odometer just ticked over 1,000 miles. Today was meant to be :D

I drove down the strip, down Old 98 on the beach and out to 30A and down through Seaside (ever see The Truman Show? That's Seside). Awesome weather, awesome car. The kind of day car guys get up in the morning for :)

How was your day in your Legacy GT???

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice, I find myself driving around in my car for no particular reason except for driving it these days. Hard on the gas bill but it is something I have grown to enjoy. Sounds like you had a great day, here's to many more.

Had a good drive in the Legacy GT's paternal twin, the Outback XT. A cool evening brings out the sweetness in the turbo... and a double-clutched downshift into a sweeping corner and on-boost out the corner... woo-hoo!

I still enjoy the projector beam lights, the awesome instrument illumination, the huge moonroof, the Momo steering wheel...

Subaru: therapy on wheels. :)

I also had a great day, I went on a group drive with my old S2000 buddies, and a few of the local Evo guys.

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/drive10_2_05/DSCN3679sm.sized.jpg

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/drive10_2_05/DSCN3686sm.sized.jpg

Awesome! This is the kind of stuff we *NEED* to be posting!

I got my car before I registerd here. After I started reading some threads, it had me a little depressed about my purchase and I started to doubt all of my pre-buy research.

Then I decided to let my car speak for itself. I couldn't be more satisfied!

Keep the good stories coming fella's!!

I also had a great day, I went on a group drive with my old S2000 buddies, and a few of the local Evo guys.

Where in the UT are you at? Looks like Provo? Maybe further north in Brigham City?

I grew up in Layton and Hill Air Force Base. The government sent me to Florida; otherwise I'd still be loving the snow and the GORGIOUS fall colours on the west side of the Wasatch. Big Cottonwood Canyon was a place I've always wanted to drive; unfortunatly I left before I got my license.

That last picture..which canyon is that? Looks epic!

I got to learn the limits of my car on an auto cross course, it was very informative and fun. :)

Will have to do it again. :)

I saw your post in another section.

What kind of tendencies did the car have? I noticed your suspension isn't stock, but it's good knowledge anyway.

I'm heading up to the Wiregrass Region SCCA event in Dothan, Alabama next weekend. I'm not entierly sure I'm going to enter (going with a friend and his stupid fast '95 Mustang GT) but I'd certainly like an idea of what to expect before I go :D

I saw your post in another section.

What kind of tendencies did the car have? I noticed your suspension isn't stock, but it's good knowledge anyway.

I'm heading up to the Wiregrass Region SCCA event in Dothan, Alabama next weekend. I'm not entierly sure I'm going to enter (going with a friend and his stupid fast '95 Mustang GT) but I'd certainly like an idea of what to expect before I go :D

I'm a noob, first time out, improved 6 seconds from first to last run, I was told that is good... :lol:

I have only a rear sway bar, but I need to adjust the endlinks, they are pushing the wheels into some un-needed camber. Or at least that's what I think... Not 100% sure, just going to make sure they are short as possible, which they are not right now.

I had fun, I sat in with Chris Fentor today on a run, btw, he's really good driver, and learned a lot.

Definitly doing it again, but really want to wait till I get new springs. :) I wonder how the Ion's will be for this.. Um...

Chris is the man. I worked with him last summer but sadly I didn't get to see him race very much.. Next summer I need to do more SCCA events in Milwaukee. :)

Last night I drove my LGT for about an hour for no reason. It was nice and cool and just fun driving around with the new exhaust note and improved stage 2 response with the cool temperature. I look forward to driving my car every chance I can. hehe

I would have to say I had one of those perfect days with the LGT today also. It all started when I woke up in a girls bed this morning, and the LGT was safely parked out side her house. I went home at around 1, and babied theLGT which just got back from the shop because I hada run in with a Mail box. After she was looking all sexay, and clean I ran some errands around town deposited some cans, checked and evened the tire pressures and gassed her back up. Just got to drive around, also listening to sublime, in todays great fall weather. Perfect day.

Which CD? I was crusin' to 40OZ to Freedom all day :D

Keep 'um coming fella's. If you have a good weekend in your Legacy, let us know!

This forum isn't just for posting about cars that aren't working right. Plenty of us have cars that are doing just fine and putting a smile on our faces.

Let the world hear it :)

I saw a Porsche 959 on the road this weekend. When he moved out to pass me, I gunned the throttle. He took about 3 seconds to get on boost, and then he pulled away. Neck and Neck until about 100mph. He was pulling away hard at 130mph+.

With my Ellsworth on top.

doteleven

I saw a Porsche 959 on the road this weekend. When he moved out to pass me, I gunned the throttle. He took about 3 seconds to get on boost, and then he pulled away. Neck and Neck until about 100mph. He was pulling away hard at 130mph+.

Something like that with me as well, only with a 2000 NSX, guy was wizzing through traffic and we hit a light. I normally don't feel ballzy but i said what the hell. I didn't rev until the light hit green and i dump the clutch on him. Guess he really didn't think i was going to try him or he really didn't think the car had a little get up and go, because by the time he took me seriously it was to late. Race ended up stopping about 65 (because we were on a 45mph road) and i got him a car length, hehe guy was pissed. I think it would be close (dedpending on the driver) up until about 85 and then he would have broken away. :lol:

Archived