LegacyGT.com

Inferno Fabrication 2.5i UEL Kit

Im going to put about 1K miles on mine before coating as I want to temper the metal and ensure there aren't and cracks etc. My car is kept in a garage and I only drive a few times a months so Im not worried about rust but even if you park outside and driving in the rain etc it will take a while before the mild start to rust up and even then the rust acts like a barrier. You could wrap them its less messy and clean looking.

I don't have that effect the best way to test is drive in parking garage with your windows down.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks again for the info, I picked some VHT Flameproof and will spray it after sometime. He just finished building a production run of a bunch of 2.5i UEL headers, maybe due to you posting about it haha. But hopefully it gets here soon I'll post an update.

No it's 2.25" and Inferno only sells what's is built. Which is how it should be :-) they make a batch in decent quantities so shouldn't be too bad. It's only a matter of time before the Rallisport is copied and sold as it is a very good design just was poorly managed.

My set is the first set and my videos have gotten a lot of views and I've answered hundreds of questions :) I hope it help drive their business for this product as good American craftsmanship is something we don't get very often in the part department. Once I get back in the country and get my head gaskets replaced (preemptively) I want to attach my GoPro and get some driving clips and drive-by clips

My set is the first set and my videos have gotten a lot of views and I've answered hundreds of questions :) I hope it help drive their business for this product as good American craftsmanship is something we don't get very often in the part department. Once I get back in the country and get my head gaskets replaced (preemptively) I want to attach my GoPro and get some driving clips and drive-by clips

It really is rare for this to be custom made. Honestly would have never found out about Inferno if I didn't check this thread. Mine is out for delivery today :D I'll try to get some clips in too. Did you have any trouble taking the stock header / bolts off? Also it looks like the O2 sensor wires are too short to reach the bungs.. I have an extension though.

• 1 month later...

Not a question of if they would build it is more a question of if they can get a 15 to mock up a header. The exhausts are mostly the same from 10-1current 2.5i Legacys but you would need to have one in the shop to get it right.

Look Inferno Fabrications up in Facebook and send them a message, very easy to work with and wont jerk you around

Not a question of if they would build it is more a question of if they can get a 15 to mock up a header. The exhausts are mostly the same from 10-1current 2.5i Legacys but you would need to have one in the shop to get it right.

Look Inferno Fabrications up in Facebook and send them a message, very easy to work with and wont jerk you around

I emailed them right after I asked the question. He responded and said he's willing to give me a discount to test fit it for him. He said "I'm 95 percent sure it will fit" and if it doesn't a full refund will be given. Whether or not I keep it, I think I'll at least test fit it. I think I would keep them. I'll share with everyone how it goes if I go through with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that while both motors share the same exhaust flange, the distance between the flanges is different between the EJ and FA/FB. You'd probably be better off trying to fit an UEL header from a BRZ and there are some companies that already make one that might be willing to have you test fit.

Do you have the results of before/after gains from the header install

The 'gain' is the blub-blub sound. The OE EL header is very efficient.

I'm pretty sure that while both motors share the same exhaust flange, the distance between the flanges is different between the EJ and FA/FB.

Correct. An FA/FB header will not fit an EJ or vice-versa. The big design goal in the new engine was to narrow it to allow the frame rails to move inward and allow wider tires to be fitted without widening the car.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived