LegacyGT.com

Inferno Fabrication 2.5i UEL Kit

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those new ones have a CAT built in? Looks like it but i dont see an O2

The new one is essentially a RalliSport inspired UEL. Universal to all EJ253's between 06-09 makes more sense too b/c he doesn't have to worry about the rest of the exhaust just the header which has shared common sensors and geometry. I think it will pan out very well for Inferno

Hey GEE, so I finally got all my stuff ordered after you and I had spoke months ago. I dealt with Steven at inferno and I got a kit from his last batch before he implements his new design. The kit will be here Saturday, and i have an Invidia Q300 sitting in my living room waiting to get installed with it. I'll report back next week with results and pictures after I can get some miles on it. I could make some videos too if theres enough interest.

If you want to save some money, I have one for sale in the classifieds. Barely used, reason is I just sold my Legacy. I miss that rumble..

Sold em'? just curious.. looking at getting these some time in Nov hopefully

Thanks AR2.5i

That sounds meaner than mine, glad it got delivered safely I was worried about how they would handle the big ass box lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold em'? just curious.. looking at getting these some time in Nov hopefully

Sold to the guy with the video^^

That sounds meaner than mine, glad it got delivered safely I was worried about how they would handle the big ass box lol

Sold to the guy with the video^^

That's cool. I found him on EBay and Facebook. Will just order it in.

Is the MEL Steal worth it or just save for the Stainless? Putting this on an N/A so just thinking cheaper. What do you Use wrap them after their broken in?

That sounds meaner than mine

I LOVE how it sounds, except how raspy it gets when I open up the throttle. I have a 12" vibrant resonator, I may try and install a much longer resonator to try and smooth it out.

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

I LOVE how it sounds, except how raspy it gets when I open up the throttle. I have a 12" vibrant resonator, I may try and install a much longer resonator to try and smooth it out.

Jc, did you need to use the o2 extension i left in the box?

Jc, did you need to use the o2 extension i left in the box?

Yes, but I re-routed the harness out the back of the injector cover and only needed 8-10" extension. Zip ties help hide the extra 😊

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

That's any NA 4cyl with too much exhaust. Raspy.

Ain't that the truth. I found that out the hard way today. Inferno UEL kit and an Invidia q300 completely crashed and burned today. The rasp was absolutely unbearable. Any amount of throttle at all just screamed rasp. It's a pity. I'm working on getting my stock catback mounted to the inferno kit and then going from there.

• 3 months later...
So i should be picking up a set of these in the next couple months if all goes to plan. Any paint recommendations? I live in Minnesota so i will need some pretty good stuff. My step dad has a little paint studio in his garage so i can have them done semi professionally" versus a can of spray paint unless thats the best option.. cant afford anything too crazy or id get ceramic coat obviously.

So i should be picking up a set of these in the next couple months if all goes to plan. Any paint recommendations? I live in Minnesota so i will need some pretty good stuff. My step dad has a little paint studio in his garage so i can have them done semi professionally" versus a can of spray paint unless thats the best option.. cant afford anything too crazy or id get ceramic coat obviously.

VHT whole system has been great for me

Get the VHT FlameProof Primer, Paint and Clear Coat.

I merely cleaned the header with brake cleaner, let it dry wiped it clean and applied 3 coats of primer (10 mins btwn coats) then let the final coat dry over night (you could prob wait 2-3 hours instead) then laid on 3 coats of paint (let each coat dry to touch) then finished it with the clear/sealant. I let that dry about 6 hours then bolted it on my car and let it idle for 20 minutes.

It will smoke heavy for the first 5-10 min then lightly as the paint bakes to cure. Went out for a drive on the interstate set the cruise to 60 and drove for 15 miles to finish it off.

So i should be picking up a set of these in the next couple months if all goes to plan.

Are you replacing the rear pipe (just in front of the y-pipe) as well or just the header/cat? Reason I ask is I have been looking for a replacement stock rear pipe to replace the one the prior owner kinda hacked up installing a glasspack and that leaks and sounds horrible. I am in MN as well.

Thanks GEE. I was looking at that stuff actually. Any idea how much ill need? Ill include a picture. Mine are not going to be the same ones you got....

59ctd nope strictly just the header/cat for now its all one piece. Like $720 lol cant afford more piping. But im thinking about not switching out the stock piping and just getting my new mufflers later this year. Hoping the restrictions of stock pipes cuts down on rasp.

Screenshot_2017-01-30-18-25-15.thumb.png.454604d3756ca6da3d12abef6d6e1205.png

Oh youll need 1 can of: primer, paint, clear/sealant. I ordered a set of those too, to replace my older style I will be coating them with VHT FlameProof again as I opted for the mild steel :) I would use the whole can of primer and paint as it cant hurt to build up the coating but lay down 3 good coats of sealer. My three cans and a few sheets of 800 grit cost me $34 at Autozone

Since you have some space to paint hang the header up that way you can get into all those tight spaces and you can set up a fan to speed drying between coats.

Are you replacing the rear pipe (just in front of the y-pipe) as well or just the header/cat? Reason I ask is I have been looking for a replacement stock rear pipe to replace the one the prior owner kinda hacked up installing a glasspack and that leaks and sounds horrible. I am in MN as well.

If you are looking for that just order a new one from Rock auto:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4848336&cc=1440455&jsn=391

• 1 month later...

Going to put on the front midpipe tonight. Is the heat shield from the OEM pipe needed on the replacement pipe? The new cat has a small/short heat shield but it is tiny compared to the OEM which covers the cat completely and about 12" of pipe front and after of the cat converter.

I pulled the manifold off and checked under the heat shields and found no cracks. I think the new gaskets and the two replacement midpipes should make this whole and quiet again

Archived