LegacyGT.com

Inferno Fabrication 2.5i UEL Kit

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have read about any other folks with the new integrated header having issues on a cold engine.

So when you accelerate it stumbles then recovers and drive normally? Is completely gone when warm?

Coming off idle (from a stop sign), it stumbles for maybe a second, then catches up and accelerates normally. Almost feels like a carb motor with a manual choke not set quite right. Once the engine is warm, it's totally fine.

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

• 5 weeks later...

Any of you have issues with the O2 sensors falling short to reach the mid pipe? Sorry for bringing up an old thread. It also seems the mid pipe is about a foot longer. I would have to make the O2 sensors longer and cut a bit of the mid pipe. Anyone else had to go through this?

2008 2.5i legacy

Any of you have issues with the O2 sensors falling short to reach the mid pipe? Sorry for bringing up an old thread. It also seems the mid pipe is about a foot longer. I would have to make the O2 sensors longer and cut a bit of the mid pipe. Anyone else had to go through this?

2008 2.5i legacy

Are you working with his new header assembly or the older one with bungs after the manifold? I have the older model and yes I did have to cut into the loom to route the o2 sensors down the back of the engine to the bungs. You shouldn't have to do any cutting of the mid pipe, it should all fit out of the box.

That being said, I will say ever since I got the kit I've had a lot of issues. My pipes don't seal at the v-band clamp so it's leaking there and I haven't come across a product yet that can keep it sealed for more than two weeks. I'm also getting a cat code, and I'm due for emissions at the end of September. If anyone has any experience with resolving a CEL after installing the kit please let me know. Otherwise, check the clissifeds regularly

• 7 months later...
Not sure but I know Inferno prototyped one and offers it for sale on their site. I've seen two 2014+ Impreza's running these and one Crosstek.

Yeah I got in touch with the shop. Was able to find the guy with the 5th gen prototype.

I see you got a GT now! Noooice! :spin:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Yeah I got in touch with the shop. Was able to find the guy with the 5th gen prototype.

I see you got a GT now! Noooice! :spin:

Oh yeah I found another 1 owner LGT and i couldnt pass on it but I was merely a few Custom and Border Protection Forms away from buying a 2016 6MT Legacy 2.5i from Canada. I was going to prototype the FB header for Inferno for the Legacy

Was the UEL on 2.5i worth it? I'm about to pull the trigger.

Also, should I go for mild steel or stainless steel?

What are the benefit of stainless steel, mind I ask? I know nothing about headers.

I have infernofabs on my 2008 2.5i, to me it’s well worth the headache. Got a nice rumble on my car now. I’m not sure if the later models are prone to the CEL though. I had to pass emissions a month ago and had to switch back to the stock set up to pass. Although now the CEL comes and goes every couple of miles. Been talking to a tuner to see if he can sort that out for me. I would go with the stainless steel as far as that goes.

Was the UEL on 2.5i worth it? I'm about to pull the trigger.

Also, should I go for mild steel or stainless steel?

What are the benefit of stainless steel, mind I ask? I know nothing about headers.

Stainless will resist rusting longer and generally hold up better than the mild steel variants. I went with the Mild Steel and coated mine with VHT Flame Proof 2000 deg. F Paint (Primer, Paint and sealer cost me about $35). It was a great setup while i had that car.

• 2 months later...

Im about to order the UEL headers with catted J pipe for my leggy. Since a few of you guys have used this setup, how reliable is it. Also Transitcrook773 mentioned that his CEL turned on. How long did it take till this happened.

There are also 2 choices for the legacy 2.5i. There is the uel with catted J pipe and the direct fit one. Which one is more reliable??

Im about to order the UEL headers with catted J pipe for my leggy. Since a few of you guys have used this setup, how reliable is it. Also Transitcrook773 mentioned that his CEL turned on. How long did it take till this happened.

There are also 2 choices for the legacy 2.5i. There is the uel with catted J pipe and the direct fit one. Which one is more reliable??

First dont order any UEL and expect the CEL to stay off with no intervention. However, if you do decide to order get a Tactrix 2.0 cable so you can disable the CEL.

Once you can get comfy with all that I would buy the all in one unit vs the two piece setup. Its easier to install and bolts up to all your other stock locations.

You can save by getting the mild steel and spraying it with VHT FlameProof 2000F paint (about $20 total for primer and paint) like I and other have done.

But to be clear the chances of a CEL are moderate but the resolution is fairly simple.

Not sure how CA tests here in VA its visual and not PPM testing.

CA (at least when I lived in san diego) 100% does PPM and visual testing for most vehicles - Although for Subaru's in particular i'm not sure if they do the dyno/drive testing since most places don't have a 4-wheel dyno.

Archived