LegacyGT.com

When did the fourth generation Legacy lose its cool factor?

Oh let him stay (if he wants to, at this point).

He got the Schrodinger's cat reference, and the fact that my initial reply was tongue-in-cheek. Further, there is no indication of prejudice against the disabled, butt-hurt lashing out, or stone-throwing from a glass house. He's got my vote!

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong is in your eyes, as you can see I am not the only person in this thread who is saying what I am saying. Since this conversation is falling on deaf ears I'll say it one more time, go drive one and see for yourself. Hell, you live an hour north of me, you're welcome to take mine for a spin. Until then, get fucked.

The physical size is similar, everything else is not. I CAN CONFIDENTLY say I've driven more 15-16 WRX than anyone else on this thread. Both stock, slightly modded and batshit modded and the feel is completely different from the 4th gen LGT. Sorry kiddo, the twins roll turbo design on the 2.0 FA is not a comparable platform to the old EJ. You may be getting your feelings mixed in this. If you like them, cool, awesome, I like them too. But they're not an evolution to the old LGT. THE LGT died, there is no evolution from it. However Subaru is wanting to put a turbo 2.5 in the 2017 legacy and outback platforms so who knows. It may get a tribute.

Sent from the 2 cents in my pocket

LW pls go, if you're gonna make TIC comments accept the fact that you may or may receive negative feedback. I have no prejudice against the mentally disabled, I do lots of fundraisers with the special olympics and autism speaks. If you're going to be a dick don't be surprised when it gets thrown right back at you.

BTW, m sprank's "secret" sealant for headlamps is Permatex RTV Gasket Maker. Me and him cleared our headlights together for the first time in 2009 when he lived in NY and that's what we used.

The physical size is similar, everything else is not. I CAN CONFIDENTLY say I've driven more 15-16 WRX than anyone else on this thread. Both stock, slightly modded and batshit modded and the feel is completely different from the 4th gen LGT. Sorry kiddo, the twins roll turbo design on the 2.0 FA is not a comparable platform to the old EJ. You may be getting your feelings mixed in this. If you like them, cool, awesome, I like them too. But they're not an evolution to the old LGT. THE LGT died, there is no evolution from it. However Subaru is wanting to put a turbo 2.5 in the 2017 legacy and outback platforms so who knows. It may get a tribute.

Sent from the 2 cents in my pocket

I never compared the FA to the EJ, but we can all agree that if the LGT still existed here, it would have the FA in it. What i've been saying all along is it's the spiritual successor to the LGT.

I never compared the FA to the EJ, but we can all agree that if the LGT still existed here, it would have the FA in it. What i've been saying all along is it's the spiritual successor to the LGT.

Japan got the FA20DIT Legacy in 13 and 14. The '15+ Outback has the F20DIT in China as well.

So i've heard, but the USDM market doesn't have it. The obvious answer to what the real successor to the 4th gen LGT would be the 5th gen LGT and now the 6th gen. Sales weren't there on the 5th gen to keep it going in America. I dont see why these guys are saying you can't compare the EJ25T to the FA20T. The whole purpose behind it besides efficiency was that Subaru listened to consumer feedback and instilled that in the FA. It's still too new of an engine to compare the 2 over the long run, but overall the drivetrain with the FA20 is much better than what was offered on the EJ. Could they have slapped a twinscroll and EL headers on the EJ? Probably but now we have a powerful and efficient engine in the FA20T

• 4 weeks later...

I'm one of those owners that went from an 07 Spec.B to a '14 GR Limited Hatch. I liked the widebody, ability to fit wider tires without much fender modification, and just for the fact that the hatch wasn't going to be made anymore and I wanted a hatch. My intentions with my car at the time was to have a car I could daily as well as take to the track for some HPDE events. The only advantage the GR hatch had over the spec.B was the ability to throw wider tires on more easily. Otherwise it was a pretty lateral move and not necessarily an "upgrade." I find myself missing my LGT from time to time. I learned a lot about Subaru and cars in general working on and maintaining the LGT.

Then I got the opportunity to buy a project car and picked up an 02 wrx swapped 95 Impreza that needed some TLC. The plan is to start getting that car ready for track days etc. so now I find myself at a crossroads with my GR hatch. With the recent blizzard that hit us in MD a couple weeks ago, I've been toying with the idea of selling my GR hatch and just picking up a 4th gen awd v8 4runner to have more ground clearance and have the ability to tow cars or haul other things that wouldn't fit in the GR hatch.

biggest thing I never liked about the GR Hatch was the interior, even the limited trim it just seems cheap and boy racerish like a step up from the Evo but not quite as nice as the LGT or STI interior was. I was always a fan of my Legacy how it was more refined with the pseudo luxury look to it. I was skeptical about the 2015 WRX until I actually sat in one and then I really started to like it, the interior reminded me a lot of the 4th Gen LGT.

Power wise it has everything out of the box we wish our legacy's had so in that sense is why I believe it's the next evolution of the LGT. The car has the size we want and the power we all wanted.

Let's be honest, the 05-09 LGT's aren't cool anymore.

When exactly did the fourth gen lose its cool factor?

It's just...

too old

Glad I'm not cool, 'cuz I think they're still the best generation of Legacy.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Archived