LegacyGT.com

Problems with Fred Beans Parts?

Wasn't sure where to post this but...

Anyone else having a hard time with the Fred Beans website? I was going to purchase an all-in-one fob with an old link, and it gave me a 404 product not found. Going through the site, it looks like there are no products listed anywhere.

I've tried calling them 3-4 times and can't get through to anyone.

Anybody know what gives?

They axed the internet sales department... I found out this past week when I wasn't getting updates on my wholesale orders. They never set up an auto-reply or voicemail message for the guys they let go.

Well shit, that sucks! Thanks for the info though.

On a related note: any recommendations for another good online parts dealer?

My local dealership said it would be $140 for a VIN-cut key, which would've only cost $65 or so from Fred Beans...

May be its time someone else...(poster #2) steps up and enlarges his business.

Hey Rick I just purchased a Cargo Organizer for our new Outback for $49 from Patrick Motors in Shrewsbury MA.

Found them on the Outback Forum in a link to Amazon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Did op lose all the keys? Does it absolutely have to be cut from VIN? You can get a blank from Underdog and then have it cut at the dealer or any locksmith from an existing key. Then take it to the dealer and have them program it in to the car. All keys must be present when reprogramming.

They axed the internet sales department... I found out this past week when I wasn't getting updates on my wholesale orders. They never set up an auto-reply or voicemail message for the guys they let go.

Just found out today too, confirmed by Andrew over the phone.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Did op lose all the keys? Does it absolutely have to be cut from VIN? You can get a blank from Underdog and then have it cut at the dealer or any locksmith from an existing key. Then take it to the dealer and have them program it in to the car. All keys must be present when reprogramming.

I was gonna ask the same since it won't show up programmed. Home Depot was able to cut my flip keys.

Nope! Still have both my originals, but want to get the all in one to replace the stupid separate key fob.

I was simply wondering because it would be convenient to have it come pre-cut from FBP. I ordered a blank off of Amazon and will take it somewhere local to get cut. The dealer near me said they do not cut them, but will program as many keys as I want for $40.

People have had success with Home Depot?

My dealer cut and programmed the key for the $40 bucks. Obviously, YMMV. You could try another dealer. Or a locksmith. Or Home Depot. I believe cutting the key is just like any other key. But, I'm not so 100% sure that I think you should take that as gospel. Cut at your own risk is what I'm saying. ;) Merc6 seems to think the Depot can do it no prob. Good luck!

And remember, all keys *must* be present at the dealer for reprogramming if you want them to continue to work. Immobilizers are programmed by wiping *all* key records and then adding them *all* back in, including the new one. I believe you can have up to four immobilizers (keys) in the system.

• Moderators

2 steps to programming a new key. One is the immobilizer piece, the other is the doorlock / wireless connection. The second part you can do on your own using a sequence involving turning the key and hitting the lock/unlock button in a specific way.

For the immobilizer, if you are replacing a stock 2-piece key, you can open up the stock key and remove the immobilizer. You have to hack up the assembly and it takes a bit of work, but it's possible. Then you just install the immobilizer (about the size of a tic tac) into the new key--there is a spot for it to fit in.

So "on my own" means DIY--I sacrificed a stock key to get the immobilizer out and moved it over to the new key and then married the key to the car.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

FWIW I called another local dealership who said they would cut the key for free, but charge $120 to program (:lol:).

As it stands, the plan is to go there and get it cut, then head to the OTHER local dealer and get it programmed for their price of $40

Crazy that it can vary so much considering they are only 15 miles apart or so...

• 4 months later...
I have pics somewhere of said "hacking" :)

Here's what I did...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/covertrussian/Cars/05%20LGT/Interior/Key-Fob/CIMG0514.jpg

Now when the dealer had to replace my ecu due to the relay recall, I taped a chip back into this key and took my new 09 key's chip and they programmed it all for free :lol:

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived