LegacyGT.com

What vehicle do you want next?

2020 Outback XT is in the running. I'm not sure about that CVT, but 260hp on 87 octane sounds decent to me.

And honestly, the Touring trim is NICE on the inside. Pretty comparable to a lot of 'luxury' cars out there.

The CVT in the Ascent is still not perfect, as I know a handful of people that have issues... As long as you're okay with doing things under the warranty, then you're fine. This reins true for 2015+ CVT Subaru models, generally speaking.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After talking with some friends another option is in the books for me now, 2019 Mazda6 Signature. My one big Subaru friend said he would take front wheel drive on snow tires over AWD on all seasons which I can understand. Also the Mazda doesn't have a CVT, or auto start stop like the new Subies will.

Not planning on getting rid of the leggy until 95k (41k as of now). Many cars will come out by then but as of now I want a newer RS5. V6 twin turbo in that light blue or dark green [emoji1786]

2020 Outback XT is in the running. I'm not sure about that CVT, but 260hp on 87 octane sounds decent to me.

And honestly, the Touring trim is NICE on the inside. Pretty comparable to a lot of 'luxury' cars out there.

There are a couple of obvious "fails" with my post here. Firstly because it is a review of the 2018 subaru Outback (and Liberty/Legacy) and not the latest ones. And secondly we here in Oz get the Japanese made models (which may or may not be better made than the cars you guys get.)

It's just that I was watching this "old" video clip and kept thinking about those few posters who seemingly depict the Subaru generally as being a risky and unreliable purchase. I don't consider myself as a "fanboy" and I don't pretend that Subarus are perfect ... but this reviewer (whilst a lot of the time incorrectly thinks he is funny) I believe, is pretty honest in his car reviews and he rates the brand highly.

• 2 weeks later...
In a few years, I want a 4Runner, Tacoma, Legacy Outback or a Brat/Baja. Something with some height.

I came across this today. It's a couple of years old now, but I think it can still be relevant. Whilst I know that a certain car can have a "feel good" effect whilst driving it ... I can understand the basic idea that the guy is putting forward here, that buyers should try for a car that does not make them "unhappy" but on the other hand, not to expect a new car to make the buyer's overall life to suddenly become "happy."

I think all a person can do is work out the reasons for a new vehicle, then do the research on the brand options, and then make a valued decision on what is available. That way buyer's remorse can be minimalised.

I really liked my 2015 Crosstrek XV, but it was just soooooooooo under powered that it was nearly dangerous on the highways here...and after a couple of years the NVH just killed it for me. Too many creaks, rattles and thumps; it was just far noisier than it should have been I think. I have a 2018 Legacy 3.6 now and it's much nicer, but still some creaks (mostly from the sunroof as the body flexes)...and it doesn't have the ground clearance I need in the rural area I live in. I thought I could get away with it, but the farm roads I sometimes need to go down say otherwise. In an ideal world, I'd love another manual transmission Crosstrek with the 3.6 and better build quality/materials/sound deadening. I might have to settle for a Forester or a 2020 Outback XT though, unless there's a Crosstrek XT coming..with a manual, even better..

I came across this today. It's a couple of years old now, but I think it can still be relevant. Whilst I know that a certain car can have a "feel good" effect whilst driving it ... I can understand the basic idea that the guy is putting forward here, that buyers should try for a car that does not make them "unhappy" but on the other hand, not to expect a new car to make the buyer's overall life to suddenly become "happy."

I think all a person can do is work out the reasons for a new vehicle, then do the research on the brand options, and then make a valued decision on what is available. That way buyer's remorse can be minimalised.

I ended up getting a 50th Anniversary Legacy, and just put a 2" ADF lift on it with 1" wheel spacers... This helps A LOT and makes me feel better. However, I will still be getting out of it for something else in a while.

However, I will still be getting out of it for something else in a while.

This following recent vid by the same guy probably won't influence your possible next upgrade too much ..... but I thought it might interest (or entertain) you.

It's probably aimed more at those people who leap into a new car purchase without doing all aspects of the homework ... (which doesn't sound like it applies to you)

This following recent vid by the same guy probably won't influence your possible next upgrade too much ..... but I thought it might interest (or entertain) you.

It's probably aimed more at those people who leap into a new car purchase without doing all aspects of the homework ... (which doesn't sound like it applies to you)

Good video!

• 4 months later...
I swore to myself that I will get my hands on a 2018-2019 Legacy 3.6R. My 2.5 is just too slow, otherwise it's prefect for me. Not sure if it'll be my next car or if I'll pick one up a decade down the road for nostalgic reasons, but right now that's what's on my mind.

Picking up our second 6th gen legacy.

Currently driving 2016 Limited that now has 188k miles due to my daily commute.

Passing it on to my kid.

Getting a 2019 Sport.

Hard pass on the 7th gen due to:

- Start/Stop (only temporary disable unless using hard-wired switch)

- GDI (with my miles, I'd need to have intake valve cleaning every six months)

- Driver focus system (too distracting for me)

- Infotainment stumble (bigger isn't always better)

- Front camera (not sure what this will do except need constant cleaning)

Test drove two (Sport & Touring) 2020's.

While the Sport didn't have the Driver focus or front camera, the other 'enhancements' were still showstoppers for me based on the type of driving that I have done, and, will be doing.

I am looking at the following:

2016 Camaro SS

2016 Mustang GT Convertible - test driving it tomorrow (loaded to the hilt)

2016 GMC Sierra Denali Pickup

2016 Jaguar XE

2016 Jaguar XF

I now these are all over the board related to vehicle types and I may buy a car and the truck together but the above vehicles I really like and have the urge/itch for a sports car and a luxury truck...maybe I hit my mid-life crisis:)

It's that darn carbuyingitis that the docs can't seem to cure.....

I wouldn't buy a used Jaguar. There is a reason they depreciate a lot. The maintenance cost will just get more and more ridiculous the older it gets.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I am looking at the following:

2016 Camaro SS

2016 Mustang GT Convertible - test driving it tomorrow (loaded to the hilt)

2016 GMC Sierra Denali Pickup

2016 Jaguar XE

2016 Jaguar XF

I now these are all over the board related to vehicle types and I may buy a car and the truck together but the above vehicles I really like and have the urge/itch for a sports car and a luxury truck...maybe I hit my mid-life crisis:)

It's that darn carbuyingitis that the docs can't seem to cure.....

I wouldn't buy a used Jaguar. There is a reason they depreciate a lot. The maintenance cost will just get more and more ridiculous the older it gets.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
In a few years, I want a 4Runner, Tacoma, Legacy Outback or a Brat/Baja. Something with some height.

Ordered my 2020 Forester Sport in white with Option Package 24. I was never in love with my Legacy, although it’s a nice car for sure. It was a garage queen, as I was afraid it’d get scratched or worse. Elated to be going back to the Forester, where there’s more room, a higher seating position and more ruggedness. Road trips here we come! :wub:

Ordered my 2020 Forester Sport in white with Option Package 24. I was never in love with my Legacy, although it’s a nice car for sure. It was a garage queen, as I was afraid it’d get scratched or worse. Elated to be going back to the Forester, where there’s more room, a higher seating position and more ruggedness. Road trips here we come! :wub:
Nice to see you back with Subaru. I hope this one treats you better than the Legacy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Going to retire on January 3, 2020...Going to look at the 2020 Bronco.. Won’t buy though until 2021 or 2022.. Let Ford work out the bugs.. Will buy another play car in the meantime...A 84 or 85 Mazda Rx7 GSL-SE model...