LegacyGT.com

Forza Motorsport 6

DickDastardly00

Developer: Turn 10 Studios

Release Date: September 15th 2015

Features: 450 Auto Vista Cars and 26 track locations- 100 ribbons, day and night racing, weather, rain.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/track-list-complete.330327/

I personally think this is probably going to be the greatest Forza ever. Going to pre-order it today. Who else for the forums is getting it?

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forza 4 was the last 360 game, I am still playing it because I purposely skipped Forza 5.

Forza 5 sucked, you woudn't have wanted it on the 360, less than half the cars FM4 had and less than half the tracks. Forza 4 is the far better game. I am jumping straight from FM4 to FM6.

Unless MS changes their minds about XBOne support for my Fanatec wheel & pedals, I'm not buying one. So no Forza 6, either.

I'll just keep on keepin' on with F4...

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/144/fanatec-products-on-xbox-one-update

Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One.

Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.

Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration.

Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2), making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.

Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”

No XBOne support for previous products, you have to buy a $300 hub, plus more on a wheel, then use it on an existing base (of course, the one I have is not compatible so I would also have to buy a base). So, for me, it would be over $1k, including the XBone. Not gonna happen.

No XBOne support for previous products, you have to buy a $300 hub, plus more on a wheel, then use it on an existing base (of course, the one I have is not compatible so I would also have to buy a base). So, for me, it would be over $1k, including the XBone. Not gonna happen.

Ouch, this is why I don't buy expensive peripherals anymore, I wouldn't do that either. I noticed even the Madcatz wheel (with a Clutch) is going for over $350 now, and the Logitec V27 is going for a similar amount.

i'm gonna be pre-ordering the special edition (digital) here shortly.

That's what I did on Monday. I don't normally by Digital Games, I prefer the Disc version but for a game I know I'm going to play a lot, it just makes sense to buy the digital version, not having to switch discs is a nice convenience.

Other than the fact the game takes up like 85GB I like the digital games... I have like 7 games 2 of them digital and my HDD is like 75% full.

FM6 became available for Preload yesterday, I haven't done it yet but the final file size is 44.37GB. Apparently Dan Greenawalt was saying something about how the file reduction/retention technology is getting much better which means they are able to reduce file sizes significantly

http://www.icxm.net/x/forza-6-44-37-gb.html

Other than the fact the game takes up like 85GB I like the digital games... I have like 7 games 2 of them digital and my HDD is like 75% full.

I've already slapped a 4tb external on mine :cool:

I hadn't either, then I bought like 5 games and was out of HDD space. It helped that I got a great deal when best buy was selling externals and didn't have to spend that much on the extra space.

I'm only at 35% HD space used so I don't need an External HD yet, most of my games aren't that large.

Forza Horizon 2

The Crew

Dragon Age Inquisition (largest file, 43GB)

Madden 2015 (digital)

Minecraft (digital)

World of Tanks

I'm sure I will need one eventually.

Forza Rewards, Forza Hub

If you guys haven't signed up for the Forza Hub yet, I suggest you do so here: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza_hub_announce

It's not just for Xbox One users either, you can sign up on the 360 too and get daily rewards (in game credits) in your Forza games). You get these credits for Forza Horizon, Forza 4, Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2.

I'm currently at tier 6 and I'm about 375 points away from tier 7. At tier 6, I will start Forza 6 with 7 free cars and about1.3 million in credit. I am trying to get to tier 7 before the game comes out.

http://i.imgur.com/O3Ddl4r.jpg

that's 400+GB not to mention that some of these games haven't even been updated recently like destiny or titanfall which i'm sure has a few GBs worth of shit to DL.

i was also thinking of getting Project Cars, but i doubt it will see much play.

I would rent it or try it at a friend's first, I have heard mixed things about it, enough to dissuade me from buying it and just waiting for Forza 6.

• 2 weeks later...

Forza 6 demo due August 1st, game has gone gold.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/27/forza-motorsport-6-demo-september-1-official/

The latest mile marker on the road to "Forza Motorsport 6's" launch has arrived: We've gone gold! In two weeks, "Forza Motorsport 6" will be available to play via early access for owners of the Ultimate Edition.

Five days later, "Forza 6" will be unleashed to everyone! Before the full game launches, however, fans will have the chance to experience the thrills of "Forza Motorsport 6" in the official free demo for the game, which launches on Sept. 1.

The "Forza Motorsport 6" demo will let players experience the most beautiful and comprehensive racing game of this generation, named "Best Racing Game" and "Best Simulation Game" of gamescom 2015. The demo features a selection of the 460 Forzavista cars available in the full version, all with working cockpits and full damage. You'll experience highlights from the game's 26 world-famous locales, including wet weather and night racing, all at a stunning 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.

Everyone who plays the "Forza Motorsport 6" demo will automatically get the new Ford GT delivered to their garage in "Forza Motorsport 6" for no additional cost. In addition, the demo will include additional features that allow fans to get even deeper into the "Forza Motorsport 6" experience. Look for more details on that when the demo launches on September 1!

We're celebrating all of this Forza news with some new details on the game, including the announcement of a number of previously unannounced cars in "Forza Motorsport 6," as well as full details on all the tracks in the game.

See below for more details on the cars released this week, and the full post on ForzaMotorsport.net for new screenshots and details on the tracks that will include night and wet racing options.

Brand New Cars

Led by the awesome power of the 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S, these ten newly-announced cars bring the total car count to "Forza Motorsport 6" to 460 cars, the largest number of cars ever seen at the launch of a Forza game!

The rest of the cars we're revealing today include:

2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S

1979 BMW #6 BMW Motorsport M1 Procar

2015 Volvo S60 Polestar

2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS ultra

2014 BMW #5 Ebay Motors 125i M Sport

2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R

2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT

1976 Lotus #5 Team Lotus 77

1969 Lola #10 Simoniz Special T163

2014 Ferrari California T

The full 460 car list including all previously announced vehicles is available on Forzamotorsport.net.

Archived