LegacyGT.com

Forza Motorsport 6

DickDastardly00

So the new version still grids you at the back of the pack? No qualifying?

That's one thing that has always irritated me about Forza... With the stupid and unpredictable AI, it's difficult to pass (without contact) and catch the leaders in a 3-5 lap race.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
now there's a thought. qualifying. i would love to be able to take a 3 lap qualifying run solo to attempt to qualify for pole. that way you are both learning the track and gridding according to a flying lap time. oh well...

now there's a thought. qualifying. i would love to be able to take a 3 lap qualifying run solo to attempt to qualify for pole. that way you are both learning the track and gridding according to a flying lap time. oh well...

It's probably against their game design philosophy which is why they don't included it. They want you to have to work your way up through the opponents, make clean passes so you feel like you've earned the win. If you started in 1st place every time and you are a good driver, the only time you would see another car is at the starting line or if you lapped them.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Like most of the great Forza features that one was removed long ago.

No Forza game has ever had qualifying, you are thinking of Gran Turismo 1, and that series hasn't had it since either.

Pretty sure GT4 had qualifying... I don't think Forza ever has.

IMHO, it made the campaign/career much better.

I know GT4 had a pre-race, practice option but I don't recall it placing me higher on the starting grid if I had a great Lap.

I'm pretty sure Forza1 had it, but it's been 10 years lol

I still have Forza 1 but I sold my xbox 9 years ago. I do still have my PS2 and 60 games including GT3 and GT4. One of these days I am going to hook it back up and play some GT3 (my favorite game in the series of all time)

Who has this much time to do that on every race?

Who has this much time to do that on every race?

I wasn't saying it should be mandatory and let's be realistic here, we are talking theoretically, but I would be happy to do a few laps on the chance I get pole position. Hell most of the time the way I play the game is just load a custom car, hit free play and lap tracks solo. I find it extremely fun for some odd reason.

I wasn't saying it should be mandatory and let's be realistic here, we are talking theoretically, but I would be happy to do a few laps on the chance I get pole position. Hell most of the time the way I play the game is just load a custom car, hit free play and lap tracks solo. I find it extremely fun for some odd reason.

I know not to make it mandatory. Just the way you said it, I understood it as that is what "you" would do.

I'm on the same page with you, save for I do rivals so I can get the fastest time on the "Ring"

I'm really getting tired of nearly half the cars having MASSIVE off throttle oversteer. Apparently every other car has the driving dynamics of a 993 Turbo.

I don't have this issue at all. By chance are you using Simulation steering in your difficulty settings?

Did anyone take the Brat into Forza Vista yet? Open the hood and see what's in there, you don't see that every day.

Some of the engine compartments are really well done like the 2005 NSX that I won from a prize spin.

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=705873&full=true

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=705962&full=true

I don't know what model the team forza nsx is but I have it and it's my favorite car right now. It has just enough power to be ridiculously fun. It's great at corner carving.

I think that is also a 2005 NSX, I have it in my Que still just haven't gotten around to it yet. I still have about 7 free cars in the que. I finally accepted the Honda S200 FF edition, that thing sounds really good, it has an extra pitch that I can't quite identify, maybe a Supercharger? The cockpit view is great in that car, with extra gauges mounted on the pillar and dash.

Archived