LegacyGT.com

Forza Motorsport 6

DickDastardly00

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Gawd that was fun, I won't give any spoilers but I'll just say this, the demo keeps getting better and better. The last event was just amazing. One of my favorite cars was a choice for the starting cars too, the other cars were awesome too. You also get a free car added to your garage for playing the demo, and it's a nice one!

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

The download of the game took forever. Must have been huge. Probably downloading the demo tonight if it's a separate DL

Demo is 12.67 GB, only took about an hour for me and my Comcast internet sucks, it used to be good when I moved in but now it's terrible during peak hours. I really need to switch to Century Link. The full game DL is 44-46GB, somewhere around there, I still haven't downloaded it.

Demo is 12.67 GB, only took about an hour for me and my Comcast internet sucks, it used to be good when I moved in but now it's terrible during peak hours. I really need to switch to Century Link. The full game DL is 44-46GB, somewhere around there, I still haven't downloaded it.

yeah the DL i was talking about was the preorder of the Ultimate Edition which turned out to be 44.3GB

the demo, which i downloaded this evening, was 12.6GB as you stated. took a little bit but nothing like the game DL. the demo is fun so far, but i always immediately regret demos because they are always geared towards first time users which this one is as well. i understand it, but i don't seem to get this through my thick head. probably should have just waited until launch and endure the tutorials then versus now and then again upon launch.

yeah the DL i was talking about was the preorder of the Ultimate Edition which turned out to be 44.3GB

the demo, which i downloaded this evening, was 12.6GB as you stated. took a little bit but nothing like the game DL. the demo is fun so far, but i always immediately regret demos because they are always geared towards first time users which this one is as well. i understand it, but i don't seem to get this through my thick head. probably should have just waited until launch and endure the tutorials then versus now and then again upon launch.

Wait until you get to the end, it's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do I start? This game is incredible? The physics are insanely good, better than any other Forza I've played by a mile, hitting that large puddle on Sebring and aquaplaning into a corner holding on for dear life is a white-knuckle racing experience. The graphics are very delicious, for lack of a better word, very realistic. The scenic backgrounds could still use a little work but I only say that because the tracks and vehicles themselves are so very well done in a photo-realistic manner, that now they need to bring scenery up to this new standard. That being said, I have never seen a more beautiful racing game.

The Subaru selection is good, but sadly my 2005 Legacy GT is no longer in the game. They do have the '90 Legacy RS however, and they now have this:

The 1980 Subaru Brat

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=249732&full=true

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=249981&full=true

If you add the full Roll Cage then you get the cool roll bars at the back of the cab, there is also some cool front bumper options as well, you can go clean and remove the steel bumpers if you like.

Just purchased this from Newegg the other day. They had a promo going where if you bought the game it came with a 20 dollar gift card. Going to use it to get fallout 4 when it's released. Can't wait to get forza in the mail. 5 sucked so I'm hoping 6 is better.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

I went straight from 4 to 6, skipped 5 entirely. Forza 6 is like Forza 4 on steroids, it's awesome, physics have never been better. FM4 with assists turned off was fun but not terribly challenging. FM6 with assists off is very challenging, especially in the rain.

Went for a drive on Spa last night and played in the rain.

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=293754&full=true

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=293587&full=true

I love that they included some of the old Indy roadsters in this game, you can drive any of them in free play mode without have to buy them. Took this shot last night at Circuit of the Americas, beautiful track!

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=338026&full=true

^ Do it.

The Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 wheel for the Xbone (Xbox specific, *not* the TX) is not terrible and is pretty reasonable on price. Obviously not going to be anywhere near as good as the high end Fanatec/Logitech stuff, but it plays. It's a nice little starter wheel if you don't want to drop a huge outlay of cash if you're unsure it will be worth it.

I started out on FM6 with full veteran settings and I couldn't handle it. Especially in the rain like DD mentioned above. Turned traction and stability back on and I was in much better shape. Still kinda feel like a puss riding around with those on. No pedal modulation required. It's either on or off. Mostly on.

Also turned on rewind for those occasional major screwups or getting clipped at a bad time by an aggressive driver.

Just tried the autocross last night. As I've actually started autocrossing in real life, this was a real treat to try out. It definitely had a little bit of the right feel too. Plenty of quick spurts of full throttle followed by super heavy braking, then just whip it in and out through the gates.

I was uninmpressed with the 22B, but I was awesome in the Miata!

Archived