LegacyGT.com

My LGT Turbo RANT - Poor Interior Quality and MORE, read this Subaru

robinasu

Panta, every car has is's fair share of problems, did you expect something near-perfect? do you think i appreciate the cheap interior parts (which is already coming apart for me) and the cheap shit thin paint outside which has God knows how many scratches and swirls. i hate it, i am having the first of my mentioned problems fixed by the dealer, and the exterior i can't do anything about.

there is no perfect car, but the legacy's problems are nominal compared to waht some other cars experience, which is usually mechanical. don't ge tme wrong, u pay as much money as u did for this car (and i threw another 7-8 grand into it) and u get some unnaceptable quirks, it doesn't make me happy. but i am not going to put a gun to some guys head because of it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My previous car was a 1993 Toyota Camry V6 which my family bought new in 1992. It reached 235,000 miles without a hitch, and it still works to this day.

I bought the Legacy in hopes of owning a car more exciting than the Camry, and within its general reliability range. The problems I have had with the car are ridiculous though:

Aside from the thin metal, lousy paint, "ILL.5," interior trim that had to be replaced and the clunks....

On Friday night, my car's Check Engine light came on and the cruise light started flashing. Took it to the dealer, they couldn't figure out what's wrong with it and have to call the Subaru techline on Monday. Also, they couldn't extend me a rental until they call SoA on Monday. When I got in, almost everyone told me that it should be "a simple matter" and if so, why couldn't they figure it out? Arrgh.

These problems are amateurish and ridiculous, and something I would expect from Mazda or Suzuki, but not from Subaru. I'm not expecting perfection, but it sucks to see people buy Hondas and Toyotas and not have these stupid problems.

These problems are amateurish and ridiculous, and something I would expect from Mazda or Suzuki, but not from Subaru. I'm not expecting perfection, but it sucks to see people buy Hondas and Toyotas and not have these stupid problems.

You should have seen the electric doors on our 1999 Honda Odyssey. It was in the shop at least three times in attempts to make them work reliably. We dumped it before the warranty expired. And talk about thin sheet metal...

--Lee

Panta, every car has is's fair share of problems, did you expect something near-perfect? do you think i appreciate the cheap interior parts (which is already coming apart for me) and the cheap shit thin paint outside which has God knows how many scratches and swirls. i hate it, i am having the first of my mentioned problems fixed by the dealer, and the exterior i can't do anything about.

there is no perfect car, but the legacy's problems are nominal compared to waht some other cars experience, which is usually mechanical. don't ge tme wrong, u pay as much money as u did for this car (and i threw another 7-8 grand into it) and u get some unnaceptable quirks, it doesn't make me happy. but i am not going to put a gun to some guys head because of it.

Are you referring to me? Maybe you can point out to me where it was that I griped about the LGT in this thread? :confused: I was pointing out a bad suggestion by someone else. Perhaps that poster can use a :lol: or ;) or :p to imply a joke in the future.

I have had no more issues in this car than in the a Honda or Jeep I bought new in the past few years. The Mini we have is far better, but it's not a first year run ;)

• 5 months later...

More to the misery..

Driving up to Tahoe in Cali Sunday.. right when I need the ABS the most the ABS light goes on and I get error #55 displayed in dash.

When you shut the car off the error clears... up till about 30 mph you hear a loud clicking from the passenger engine compartment... then stops when the ABS light turns on.

I assume the clicking is the ABS system messing up.

Anybody heard of this?

Oh, and two new rattles.. front driver dash and passenger rear deck.

Geesh.... sell the car already and move on! :rolleyes:

I love my Leggy... best built car I have owned.....

+ 100

My very early build Legacy (built 06/04) has been great and I have no question it will be a reliable long-lasting car.

The problem with the Legacy is that it is just cheap enough that the massses can afford it...and some of the masses think that because it costs $x.xx dollars that it should 100% trouble free since they blew their entire wad on it...

A Honda or Toyota would not have my type of problems. It is not acceptable at any price in my opinion. I think people on this site just get sensitive about people bashing their babies.. which I understand. It is obvious to me that Subaru rushed this product out the door. The platform is solid. Solid body, solid 4WD, engine/drivetrain (minus clutch) will be solid.. just too bad some of the details weren't ironed out. Also, the boost control setup is pretty basic. I think the car would have better economy with better boost control. Especially around town under light load. Anyway.. wish I had your cars.

A Honda or Toyota would not have my type of problems. It is not acceptable at any price in my opinion. I think people on this site just get sensitive about people bashing their babies.. which I understand. It is obvious to me that Subaru rushed this product out the door. The platform is solid. Solid body, solid 4WD, engine/drivetrain (minus clutch) will be solid.. just too bad some of the details weren't ironed out. Also, the boost control setup is pretty basic. I think the car would have better economy with better boost control. Especially around town under light load. Anyway.. wish I had your cars.

Even Lexus builds an occasional lemon. Sounds like you got a lemon from Subaru.

Archived