LegacyGT.com

Subaru Bubble Burst?....Problems Looming for Subaru?

hmmrdwn

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hypocrisy is palpable. Didn't you make fun of my article? Then you use those? Why didn't you use the team Subaru article you quote? It makes my point. Subaru had their demographics and are shifting them to the more affluent! That turns off consumers and won't necessarily win market share when they have oil consumption and quality issues. Subaru is NOW branching out to higher income customers. Poor mans Audi.

http://teamsubaru.wikispaces.com/Marketing+Strategy?responseToken=612937260fdae57232d1f50479b5eead

The hypocrisy is palpable. Didn't you make fun of my article? Then you use those? Why didn't you use the team Subaru article you quote? It makes my point. Subaru had their demographics and are shifting them to the more affluent! That turns off consumers and won't necessarily win market share when they have oil consumption and quality issues. Subaru is NOW branching out to higher income customers. Poor mans Audi.

http://teamsubaru.wikispaces.com/Marketing+Strategy?responseToken=612937260fdae57232d1f50479b5eead

you are just googling shit and throwing it against the wall and hoping it sticks. Subaru isn't trying to become a poor man's audi. that was someone else's words used to describe the brand. You're pathetic attempts at reaching are obvious.

Oil consumption and quality issues would probably make Subaru a perfect fit for higher income customers seeing as how Porsche, Audi, and BMW have the worst oil consumption in the industry and everyone knows luxury brands are plagued with quality issues. Subaru must be on the right track! :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you are just googling shit and throwing it against the wall and hoping it sticks. Subaru isn't trying to become a poor man's audi. that was someone else's words used to describe the brand. You're pathetic attempts at reaching are obvious.

Oil consumption and quality issues would probably make Subaru a perfect fit for higher income customers seeing as how Porsche, Audi, and BMW have the worst oil consumption in the industry and everyone knows luxury brands are plagued with quality issues. Subaru must be on the right track! :rolleyes:

That's your source my friend. It mentions the 88k and other things you mentioned, but you knew better than to use it. It's "team Subaru" too. Too bad Subaru owners are frugal/cheap and spending an extra 5-7 on oil every 1200 isnt.... Haha

That quote was from the executive market analyst at Kelley Blue Book. A reliable source.

The quote is someone's opinion that has nothing to do with Subaru's marketing and engineering strategies.

We have no idea the context that single line is referenced from, and it certainly wasn't meant in the way you are twisting it to create your argument.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The quote is someone's opinion that has nothing to do with Subaru's marketing and engineering strategies.

We have no idea the context that single line is referenced from, and it certainly wasn't meant in the way you are twisting it to create your argument.

I would say the guy for Kelley Blue Book is far more knowledgable than you and would probably be an expert. Unless you have some Subaru job experience or automotive experience you can share.

I would say the guy for Kelley Blue Book is far more knowledgable than you and would probably be an expert. Unless you have some Subaru job experience or automotive experience you can share.

You just don't get it. At this point, you have fully exemplified the word "ignorant"

Subaru didn't branch out to higher incomes. Subaru has pulled in higher income households since the 90's. It's also been called a poor man's audi or porsche since long before 2010. When was your first Subaru?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

uhm I am going to disagree with the premise of Subaru being a poor man's Audi... Subaru has made it very clear where they are competing by the pricing of their cars vs. the competition. They are going after the mainstream market aka Toyota and Honda's piece of the pie. Their cars are better equipped for the money

a fully loaded CR-V falls squarely in Forrester XT territory and does not have NEARLY the fun factor that it does

Legacy H6 is inline with the Accord and Camry V6 options option out the car with eyesight and it cost you slightly more than the Accord and slightly less than the Camry...

looks like that article writer needs to go back and rethink his position

You just don't get it. At this point, you have fully exemplified the word "ignorant"

Subaru didn't branch out to higher incomes. Subaru has pulled in higher income households since the 90's. It's also been called a poor man's audi or porsche since long before 2010. When was your first Subaru?

No I get. You refuse to answer reasonable questions and think you are the expert more the the marketing analyst from Kelley Blue Book. Subaru had about 3% of the market share and any previous target marketing of higher income households was by accident...."inexpensive and built to stay that way". I'm sure that connotes a prestigious image to the rich and famous. Hahahaha :lol: remember that? Subaru, what to drive. Hahaha Luxurious? The next article details Subarus fight against luxury and image. Until recently Subaru only got CHEAP consumers who looked at cars as a way to get from A to B.

There is a difference between being cheap and being frugal(aka buying a great car for the money spent).. you might want to learn the difference..

Cheap people are exactly that, they will buy the cheapest car they can get their hands on. Frugal people are not cheap, they look for things that maximize the value vs. money spent. I fall into the latter category

There is a difference between being cheap and being frugal(aka buying a great car for the money spent).. you might want to learn the difference..

Cheap people are exactly that, they will buy the cheapest car they can get their hands on. Frugal people are not cheap, they look for things that maximize the value vs. money spent. I fall into the latter category

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already know the difference. I also know that inexpensive and built to stay that way will reach out to both. :lol:

Subaru languished in automotive anonymity until the 5th gen came along. Then during the last 5 years they double in sales? I think their environmental goal of no waste is going to cost consumers money along with slow down growth. It will also force them to go overseas, which they already have, to meet demand. Maybe they can borrow iphone's labor force? lol

On the other hand, sales are great because the extra cash flow will give Subaru money for a car enthusiast model. Let's see if they happens. Some of the guys here haven't liked the direction subaru has been going by Toyotaizing and mainstreaming everything with cvt's and Camry looks.

It's difficult for a company to make a complicated, government regulated piece of machinery that is sold based on trendy looks. There's gonna be engineering mistakes, design team styling screw ups, recalls, defects, internal struggles to get they type of employees they want, building infrastructure and vendor problems. Not to mention the other auto companies taking shots at them.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru_archives.html

Subaru went overseas the instant they decided to sell cars in countries outside Japan and realized it was less expensive to build them near their destinations rather than put them on a boat and float them to the other side of the planet.

Honestly, I have no idea what the purpose of this thread is.

Subaru went overseas the instant they decided to sell cars in countries outside Japan and realized it was less expensive to build them near their destinations rather than put them on a boat and float them to the other side of the planet.

Honestly, I have no idea what the purpose of this thread is.

Somewhat entertaining to read.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already know the difference. I also know that inexpensive and built to stay that way will reach out to both. :lol:

no, it won't.... frugal people don't buy cheap stuff because they know it will cost more in the long run...

reality, you might want to come back to it.

Subaru expresses concerns about growth and adjusts budget. Does making a personal attack (that doesn't bother people) make a statement more believable? No. We could debate definitions and how a frugal person might not know the hidden costs of buying a budget car with unexposed defects due to design and model year changes, but that is a complicated discussion.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150607/OEM/306089955/subaru-raising-brand-value-to-offset-costs

https://www.fhi.co.jp/english/csr/mecenat/consumers.html

Subaru expresses concerns about growth and adjusts budget. Does making a personal attack (that doesn't bother people) make a statement more believable? No. We could debate definitions and how a frugal person might not know the hidden costs of buying a budget car with unexposed defects due to design and model year changes, but that is a complicated discussion.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150607/OEM/306089955/subaru-raising-brand-value-to-offset-costs

https://www.fhi.co.jp/english/csr/mecenat/consumers.html

you are implying that a frugal person does not do their homework before purchase, that is rarely the case

you are implying that a frugal person does not do their homework before purchase, that is rarely the case

Are you saying frugal people have access to unknown vendor product defects, ecu algorithm miscalcs, design flaws, production run problems and other unforeseen issues like oil consumption, wheel bearing, head gasket, windshield, etc. You gotta get us these frugal consumers prognostication data. Please share that info! They could tell us about recalls, technical service bulletins, defects and other problems before there is even a statistical basis to support them. Those frugal people are amazing....hahaha

Archived