LegacyGT.com

Subaru Bubble Burst?....Problems Looming for Subaru?

hmmrdwn

You're not asking you are arguing for your scenario. Subaru is a very stable company because they aren't trying to inflate their values to make more money or encourage investors. Their growth is honest and due only to their product being in demand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO Subaru need a cash injection so they jump their Offerings up a rung.

2014 Liberty GT had same Engine as 2007.

Forester got DI years before rest of range.

3.6 desperately needs DI.

CVT is a budget decision. (Surely).

STI carries on with EJ. So most expensive Sub avail has oldest tech.

No 7 seater SUV on the market (proper).

Exiga based on previous Forester platform.

IMHO Subaru need a cash injection so they jump their Offerings up a rung.

2014 Liberty GT had same Engine as 2007.

That isn't outside the industry norm. Infiniti's VQ has been around a long time

Forester got DI years before rest of range.

The last generation JDM Legacy GT got DI first.

3.6 desperately needs DI.

I doubt Subaru will be investing in H6 tech. It will be replaced with with a 4 cylinder DIT at some point.

CVT is a budget decision. (Surely).

That is probably the furthest thing from the truth. Subaru designs its CVT in house instead of buying it off the shelf like Nissan does. That costs more money. Subaru needed something more economical than a traditional auto. Adding a high number of gears to an auto would have made for a huge amount of overhang on Subaru AWD layout and would add a lot more weight than the CVT as well. CVT was an engineering decision.

STI carries on with EJ. So most expensive Sub avail has oldest tech.

It's a niche product and the only vehicle with that engine. it would be the last to receive a new engine. FHI has a limited number of engineers vs just about any manufacturer. I'm sure the STI is low priority considering their other priorities.

No 7 seater SUV on the market (proper).

Pretty sure Subaru has said they are bringing one to market.

Exiga based on previous Forester platform.

It's based off the BL gen Legacy platform. Exiga is a poor seller. When a company doesn't update a vehicle to the latest platform, they are not wishing to incur more costs for an unprofitable venture.

The big three thought they were on top of he world.... Hahahaha!:)

bad comparison. The big 3 were unhealthy top to bottom. They were hemorrhaging cash at all aspects of their business.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

bad comparison. The big 3 were unhealthy top to bottom. They were hemorrhaging cash at all aspects of their business.

Not necessarily. The big three tried to be all things to all people with different divisions. Subaru has adopted bland, non individualistic, Toyota like styling. The big three suffered quality issues when sales were too high and they felt competition wasn't a threat. Subaru is having quality issues due to demand. Subaru isn't known for quality to start with in terms of materials. Cheap plastics, carpets, seats, etc. There are pressures on production workers, equipment, suppliers and engineers dropping quality control. The big three lacked innovative or evolving products. Subarus flat four and six are old technology. The cvt is new, but not proven or widely accepted. Subaru is slow to introduce new tech. They admit that tech is rolled out model by model in following years and not across all product lines.

Not necessarily. The big three tried to be all things to all people with different divisions. Subaru has adopted bland, non individualistic, Toyota like styling. The big three suffered quality issues when sales were too high and they felt competition wasn't a threat. Subaru is having quality issues due to demand. Subaru isn't known for quality to start with in terms of materials. Cheap plastics, carpets, seats, etc. There are pressures on production workers, equipment, suppliers and engineers dropping quality control. The big three lacked innovative or evolving products. Subarus flat four and six are old technology. The cvt is new, but not proven or widely accepted. Subaru is slow to introduce new tech. They admit that tech is rolled out model by model in following years and not across all product lines.

The domestics had high legacy costs, high union associated costs, the worst product in the industry, extremely high incentives, poor marketing, and an organizations mired in red tape and bureaucracy. Honda and Toyota were busy being everything to everyone and were eating the domestics for lunch.

Only the H6 and EJ are old, and they are no where near the bread and butter of Subaru's sales. The FB, FA, and FA DIT are new. Both the EJ and EZ will replaced. FHI already announced every engine will be DI within the next few years. Since Subaru does most of its tech in house, it rolls them out in chunks. That prevents the massive recalls other brands have for immediately dumping new tech in everything they offer at one time.

Subaru puts its engineering into the cars. It has the best AWD for the price, the best safety and safety systems for any price, the best resale value, best residual value, and makes one of the most reliable cars. You seem bitter. Maybe it's time to move on to a brand and forum that will satisfy you so you don't have to spend your energy on something that doesn't make you happy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you even driven or owned a Subaru from each generation starting with the 4th gen legacy? Today's 6th gen is a way better Legacy than the 4th gen ever was. Sure it was fun with the turbo, but the transmission/clutch left a lot to be desired.

The 4th gen GT is what got me into Subarus. The 6th gen Legacy is what keeps me in the Subaru family.

I believe once the Toyota agreement runs out in the Indiana plant they'll probably start producing more cars. Every new Legacy has been better and better. If I really wanted to fast I would look into a WRX. They may cheap out on some things, but the safety and engineering is still top notch. I can't even imagine any other car that I would own in the same price range.

---

The domestics had high legacy costs, high union associated costs, the worst product in the industry, extremely high incentives, poor marketing, and an organizations mired in red tape and bureaucracy. Honda and Toyota were busy being everything to everyone and were eating the domestics for lunch.

Only the H6 and EJ are old, and they are no where near the bread and butter of Subaru's sales. The FB, FA, and FA DIT are new. Both the EJ and EZ will replaced. FHI already announced every engine will be DI within the next few years. Since Subaru does most of its tech in house, it rolls them out in chunks. That prevents the massive recalls other brands have for immediately dumping new tech in everything they offer at one time.

Subaru puts its engineering into the cars. It has the best AWD for the price, the best safety and safety systems for any price, the best resale value, best residual value, and makes one of the most reliable cars. You seem bitter. Maybe it's time to move on to a brand and forum that will satisfy you so you don't have to spend your energy on something that doesn't make you happy.

The new technology engines have had their troubles with oil consumption. Jury is out on the cvt, with no prescribed maintenance program and weird hiccups when slowing, shifting from park to drive, etc. These are just the facts. I haven't had problems with mine and just asked when Subaru's bubble will burst. A manufacturer can't maintain 20% sales growth for too many years. It's not like Subaru is going out of business or I'm saying that.

I'm not bitter and if anything you seem to be a homer. Face the facts man. It's not just me. Look at the following article. There are others out there like this too...

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/subaru-gets-blanked-2015-jd-power-vehicle-dependability-study

The new technology engines have had their troubles with oil consumption. Jury is out on the cvt, with no prescribed maintenance program and weird hiccups when slowing, shifting from park to drive, etc. These are just the facts. I haven't had problems with mine and just asked when Subaru's bubble will burst. A manufacturer can't maintain 20% sales growth for too many years. It's not like Subaru is going out of business or I'm saying that.

I'm not bitter and if anything you seem to be a homer. Face the facts man. It's not just me. Look at the following article. There are others out there like this too...

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/subaru-gets-blanked-2015-jd-power-vehicle-dependability-study

It's obvious to see the oil consumption issue is being rectified. Also, EVERY manufacturer has had and continue to have issues in certain areas. I think 6 years is probably enough time to see if Subaru's CVT's would pass the mustard. It not like Subaru hasn't been doing CVT's in Japan since forever ago. Subaru isn't looking to maintain 20% sales growth. If you bothered to read FHI's "Motion V" plan, they explicitly lay out their goals. Take a look and get back to me so you can see how silly this thread is.

Torque news isn't real news. It's an aggregator that uses sensational headlines.

Have you looked up the class action lawsuits for other automotive companies? Even Honda has a class action lawsuit for burning oil. There are all kinds of class action suits directed at even the Japanese manufacturers for engines, transmissions, brakes, etc.

IQS has always been a farce. Anything from the size of cupholders to a transmisison failure are rated equally.

It's always entertaining to watch someone go full retard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's obvious to see the oil consumption issue is being rectified. Also, EVERY manufacturer has had and continue to have issues in certain areas. I think 6 years is probably enough time to see if Subaru's CVT's would pass the mustard. It not like Subaru hasn't been doing CVT's in Japan since forever ago. Subaru isn't looking to maintain 20% sales growth. If you bothered to read FHI's "Motion V" plan, they explicitly lay out their goals. Take a look and get back to me so you can see how silly this thread is.

Torque news isn't real news. It's an aggregator that uses sensational headlines.

Have you looked up the class action lawsuits for other automotive companies? Even Honda has a class action lawsuit for burning oil. There are all kinds of class action suits directed at even the Japanese manufacturers for engines, transmissions, brakes, etc.

IQS has always been a farce. Anything from the size of cupholders to a transmisison failure are rated equally.

It's always entertaining to watch someone go full retard

This isn't about other manufacturers. This is about first time Subaru owners buying a Subaru that goes through a quart of oil every 1200 miles or has other problems and are turned off by their first experience. Too much demand can cause problems in production, sales, service and quality.

Subaru's low paid foreign workers....Reuters New release 7/29/2015....

Hahahahahahaha

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/29/us-japan-subaru-specialreport-idUSKCN0Q21GS20150729

Btw...this forum is titled Subaru "news" and "rumors", for members to share articles (which I did) and discuss. What would that say about your asking me to move on.... hahahahaha

you're aware that although they singled out Subaru, all of the Japanese manufacturers are affected, automotive or otherwise, right? They aren't FHI employees, they are employed by FHI's suppliers, which as the article points out, also supply the other OEMs. Japan's low birth rate + strict immigration laws have created a manufacturing problem. You should do a little homework before getting caught up in sensational headlines.

Your original post was neither news nor rumor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Evidently talking about anything remotely negative angers fanboys. Not saying doom and gloom, but saying they can't maintain and it will effect quality. Go ahead and call me names. I don't mind. I'll just duck behind this couch. :hide:

I sincerely apologize to you fanboys. Sensitive articles and topic. :)

Might want to retake your college econ classes and manufacturing scheduling/parts.

A manufacturer can't maintain 20% sales growth for too many years.

I don't think Subaru is going to hit 20% sales growth this year. They have been posting 10% (growth from prior years month) the last few months.

Subaru has had 44 straight months over year over year gains. August 2014 was Subaru's highest month ever until this past July 2015. If the dealers don't have enough inventory or their is a slight hiccup in sales, the consecutive monthly sales increase could end in August.

Subaru has had 44 straight months over year over year gains. August 2014 was Subaru's highest month ever until this past July 2015. If the dealers don't have enough inventory or their is a slight hiccup in sales, the consecutive monthly sales increase could end in August.

Ah, at least someone not name calling and willing to discuss the positives and negatives of too much growth. There are objective people out there who understand business Econ. :) :)

Ah, at least someone not name calling and willing to discuss the positives and negatives of too much growth. There are objective people out there who understand business Econ. :) :)

troll harder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe it has been mentioned that the sales will only continue to grow until Subaru hits their capacity goal, which should be soon. At which point you have concluded sales will spiral downward taking Subaru to the depths of hell.

If you can understand a good business model: subaru never planned for infinite growth and was near their capacity, so now they will probably focus on bringing the next 7 passenger out and improving and evolving their current platforms to ensure they are competitive and to maintain sales. Given the popularity of the brand they have set themselves up nicely for a long time, as long as they keep doing what they have been.

Archived